Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 01/22/2024 in all sections

1. im still a lil disappointed in my droopy ass peens but my finger was getting cold and my reach sucks.
    8 points
  2. In my opinion 10 degrees is where it starts to get cold. Cold as in that if you do something stupid or unfortunate, you can find yourself in a pretty bad spot. -10 degrees it starts to get a bit scary. You can feel the moisture on your nose hair freeze as you breathe in. At -30 degrees, you have to squint because the moisture on your eyeballs will freeze. At that temperature, even a little wind is dangerous if you aren't dressed properly. Anything at 10 degrees and below means you need to take special care of animals and live stock. We don't blanket our horses intentionally because doing so messes with their ability to thermo regulate. It actually makes a specific muscle or something in the hair follicle to not work as its supposed to so once you blanket, you kinda half to always blanket. That said, so long as they have a solid windbreak and steady access to calories, as well as clean drinking water, they do amazingly well. Really it's pretty similar for all livestock and humans as well. Life burns more calories in an attempt to stay warm and most animals will either gorge and hibernate or slowly nibble to keep warm. It's odd to see, because the horses for example will be covered in snow, which actually serves as an insulating layer. You guys might be surprised to know that my house is also only heated with wood in the form of a wood stove. Wood stoves are far more efficient for creating and maintaining heat than a fireplace and actually keeps my house pretty toasty as long as I keep feeding it wood. Generally it takes anywhere from 4 - 7 cords of wood to get through winters here, which are obviously far different winters than most people see. We're actually above the latitude 48 here (48th parallel north), which means that in winter, sunrise is about 9 - 9:30am and sunset is about 4:30pm. During summer sunrise is about 4:30am and its still kinda light at 10:30 - 11pm. We also are far enough north to occasionally see the northern lights (aurora borealis).
    7 points
  3. The smoked pork mac tho, fire.
    5 points
  4. @Mauler5150the only way you are going to kill the devil is by getting professional help. Immediately. Stop what ever you're doing right now. Put the gun away. Put one foot in front of the other until you get in front of a doctor. Right now.
    4 points
  5. Never. I repeat-never have I got to my knees for 12 oz ween. I have seen plenty of 12oz ween but never on my knees.
    3 points
  6. Had to swap a motor on an automated door at the IT department at work. My wife is teaching me how to make bread on my lunch break.
    3 points
  7. 3 types of veggie Jamaican food mingling together. Curry rundown on the left was fire, but really it was all fiya!
    3 points
  8. @Mauler5150get some help with your mental health man -
    3 points
  9. jesus christ! i cannot comprehend
    3 points
  10. Cosigned hatchet man. Also interested in seeing taz smoking a blunt.
    2 points
  11. You have got to do a hatchet man tat….just as a joke, silly tattoo.
    2 points
  12. Yes sir. Super spicy Italian sausage w some spicy mustard and kewpie mayo. Idk.. Im high. I wasn’t ab mayo on the glizzies either til my buddy made me try it. Not an every glizzy thing; but every now and then.
    2 points
  13. @IdleHandzis that mayo on your glizzy fam!?
    2 points
  14. Beaming because my spawn continues to surprise me and make me proud every single day.
    2 points
  15. I thought the gloves were to prevent me from seeing his nail beds haha
    2 points
  16. The lady likes it rough
    2 points
  17. My wife and I are close. We smoke weed and 69 roughly 20 hours a week.
    2 points
  18. Jewish Space Lasers, I think.
    2 points
  19. What does this even mean?
    2 points
  20. No, not quite instant. But yeah, exposed skin is something to be mindful of because it starts to hurt pretty quickly and get damaged soon after.
    2 points
  21. Our extreme weather advisories say frostbite "in minutes" I think F and C cross paths again at -40 so I can relate to what Raven posted up there, its bullshit. Our cold snap broke but I've shoveled my drive 4 times in the last 2 days.
    2 points
  22. @LUGR my chick is looking for wedding venues - this place was dope but it is in the fucking cuts. https://grandislandmansion.com/history/ Deadly ass two lane road to get out there too - no lights, embankments that drop right off the road. Perfect for a fatal DUI.
    2 points
  23. @aimer@Mauler5150 you guys will most likely appreciate this
    2 points
  24. Pulled this off my stomach last night.
    2 points
  25. Yeah, I can’t comprehend what -30 feels like. I feel like my entire body what stop functioning at that temp lol. Like @glorydayssaid in his blog post, 2 hoodies don’t make a jacket. Get yourself a jacket so you can stop crying.
    2 points
  26. Shorty whipped up some basic for tonight. I usually don’t have time to take a pic I’m always STAHVIN. I’m just glad I didn’t have to do any cooking; been a loooong day.
    2 points
  27. Actually warmed up out here. This was the other day…
    2 points
  28. 2 points
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00