Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

so i just moved to the united states..

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by japillahan, Sep 1, 2004.

1. japillahan

japillahan Senior Member

foreign kid goes to art school in nowhereville alabama. this place is overrun by
    1)emo scenesters. theyre all so unique i love it:love:
    2)homosexuals: this isnt so bad, some are interesting...
    there are lots of jocks/fratboys/sororgirls(if theres such thing)
    and of course your varied miscellany..like me. theres a yard or layups or something along those lines in town but theyre beyond walking distance. i got a job so ill prolly be buying a bike(any suggestions?) i dont know
    maybe you other americans can help me. there are some things i dont understand

1)people walk by and i can tell that they're being friendly, but instead of just saying hi, they ask me how i am(we are passing each other walking different directions).. am i supposed to answer them? its not lik theyre giving me the chance to answer so for now im just saying hi.
    3)what is it with people and suing each other? i dont get it. it seems to me like if you fart on someone they can sue you for something or other. i just dont get it
    5)road workers in orange jumpsuits. i was under the impression that they are convicts. i was walking through town yesterday and there was a group of these individuals on a cigarrete break so it seemed outside of the local cop station unattended. i was worried, should i have been?
    7)people here are very wasteful. i watch them in the cafeteria(sometimes i loose my appetite when i see people who wolf down hamburger after hamburger when they should be eating salad. the kind of people they are making bigger hospital beds for). some people serve themselves a hamburer and a pizza. they eat half of the pizza and two or three bites of the burger and hey guess what im done and they throw them away. this isnt a question as much as it is an observation. maybe its because i grew up around and in relative poverty(at one point) so i guess i have different values when it comes to stuff like this.
    11)this, again, is not a question. another observation.. but im sick and tired of (almost)EVERYTHING coming out of a bag(i say everything because even most of this cafeteria food you can tell just came out of one) or can or plastic wrap(im refering to food of course). maybe im just used to seeing fruit trees. free food, perfectly natural and healthy.
    13)

there were more things i diddnt understand but they escape me at the moment and i have to go to class.

god save the usa

..and me

2. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

who reads so much!!!

3. pixie

pixie New Jack

you're right, people are incredibly wasteful in america, no gettin around that... you'll get used to it sooner or later and when you return home you won't understand why they are so conservative with their food... god bless america. also, when people ask how you are doing in passing, just say good, how are you... it's just a more indepth hello

by the way, where are you from?

4. japillahan

japillahan Senior Member

GamblersGrin: you tell me
    pixie: Managua Nicaragua, ugliest capital in latin america. i love my home

5. TURBOCAPSLOK

TURBOCAPSLOK Elite Member

YA DONT MAKE FRIENDS WITH SALAD

(I SHOULD KNOW)

6. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

1. greetings such as 'hows it going?' and 'whats up?' are used in the place of a simple hello sometimes. depending on the situation they don't always warrant more than a hi , hello, or whats up response back.

5.road worker wear orange to make them visible to motorist, they are not convicts, unless they are chained together by the ankle.

why did you only use odd nubmers for your question/observation list? you missed 9

7. japillahan

japillahan Senior Member

nomadawhat: they are all prime numbers. i diddnt put the number 2 because i dont like that number

8. GamblersGrin

1. you will soon be wearing neckerchifs
    2. youre beard will disappear when you dress in leather
    3. you will learn good manners sitting in the jailhouse

9. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

but most should be burned at the stake.

you're a jackass.

(I'll let you figure out which sentence contains the sarcastic tone)

10. justaname

justaname Member

there's #2 dude, you are a liar! you said you don't like 2
    and gamblergrin beat me in posting...
    to continued what gamble said
    4. you will soon hate this country
    5. you will always think wtf is going on
    ehhh. i dunno dude..
    you will get use to this country sooner or later

11. gatita

gatita Senior Member

1) Answer by saying "How are you" back. Its kind of like saying Good Day/Afternoon.. but not.
    2)Americans like money. Money is good. Mmm.
    3)They were probably kids doing community service for crimes they committed. Were they cleaning or actually doing construction work? If they were in orange jumpsuits and doing construction.. well, thats just weird. In NYC we just have smelly guys in wife beaters smoking cigs and hollering at us women.
    4)Americans are fat. Yehhh... most of us, unless you go to major cities on the coasts [LA, San Fran, NY, Miami, etc., etc.] Alabama? Get used to fat Americans.
    5)Whats a fruit tree? I thought fruit was genetically made in labs? Joke, joke.

I have a question for you.. why Alabama for artschool? That just confuses the shit out of me. :confused:

12. GamblersGrin

japanhand: youre mouth will get dry from talking so much. move out of this flypaper country.

13. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Yeah, you definitely go to art school.

14. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

I am supposed to go to Birmingham this weekend but another motherfucking hurricane is coming.

15. anonymity

anonymity New Jack

1.)Unless the person actually stops, just acknowledge them and walk on by.
    3)Blame Lawyers. I cannot stand how these people make a living finding loopholes in the law to get some fat lazy fuck money for getting fat.
    You will also notice, in america, that everything comes with a warning label. This is due to the above
    5)It's probably some minor criminals trying to shorten there stay in the pen. They should have a guard watching over them or something along those lines
    7)Yes, people are wasteful and greedy at the same time. GET OVER IT...this is one of the reasons why the rest of the world hates us.