Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

RIP The Inventor of Chicken Nuggets

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GamblersGrin, Mar 15, 2006.

1. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...EWS01/603160305

Area inventor of chicken nuggets, turkey ham dies

(March 15, 2006) — Robert C. Baker, a longtime faculty member at Cornell University who changed American cuisine with his poultry innovations, died Monday. He was 84.

"He really — in more ways than most ever will — changed things," his son Dale Baker told The Ithaca Journal yesterday. "He changed the way we eat."

Baker created dozens of products including ground poultry, chicken nuggets, turkey ham and poultry hot dogs. A professor of food science and poultry science in Ithaca, Tompkins County, raised in Newark, Wayne County, Baker worked on his father's fruit farm in nearby Sodus.

"When the nuggets came out in the 1950s, they weren't too popular," Baker told the newspaper in 2004. But his innovations quickly caught on, particularly his chicken barbecue recipe that was a Cornell icon. Baker always had a stand at the New York State Fair, and the university said President Clinton and his family asked for his chicken barbecue during their visit in 1999.

He earned a bachelor's degree from Cornell's College of Agriculture in 1943, then joined the faculty in 1949. Baker obtained a master's degree from Penn State University and a doctorate from Purdue University.

Baker founded Cornell's Institute of Food Science and Marketing in 1970. He retired in 1989. A member of the American Poultry Hall of Fame, he owned an orchard near Ithaca with his wife Jacoba. Other survivors include his two sons and four daughters

2. El Jefe Uno

El Jefe Uno Dirty Dozen Crew

3. 1/4FareMetrocard

1/4FareMetrocard 12oz Loyalist

:crying:
    great mannnn
    R.I.P

4. sect one

sect one Elite Member

dropped a 5 piece on the block for my homie robert

5. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

im gonna buy a 30pack of mcnuggets in his memory

pour out a little liqour
    [​IMG]

6. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i'm surprised the humans survived for so long without turkey hot dogs and chicken nuggets. such truely wonderful inventions.

7. Al Green

Al Green Veteran Member

aka how to utilize unwanted chicken and turkey biproducts for secondary meal applications...

...'food science and marketing'

8. AlwaysBombin

AlwaysBombin Senior Member

My girl is gunna be highly upset, she lives off nuggets

9. villain

villain Veteran Member

rip chicken nugget dude

10. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

RIP....imma go eat a fifth of a 5 piece chicken nuggets...for this guy..

11. podrido

podrido Veteran Member

wow
    chicken nugget man
    and def lady prom both die
    the world wont ever be the same without them
    rip

12. There goes Captain Veganus fucking it all up for the rest of us nugget fans.

RIP

13. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

yeah
    i'm gonna buy some nuggets and scatter em all over the street

RIP

14. RIP Nuggy Rob.

i'm gonna put some nuggts at the foot of my mac dre shrine tonight....

15. Grimes

Grimes Veteran Member