functioning alcoholic say aye

johnny

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ..fuD..

functioning like how?

functioning like still somehow maintaining a job, paying your bills (usually before your shit gets shut off), having atleast two friends, etc.

i'm a functioning alcoholic who is only really functioning because i'm sober. if i were still drinking i would be double disfunctional.

Originally posted by ..fuD..

functioning like how? like fulfilling their alcoholic function by drinking or functioning like they should by not drinking?

i think i am a functional alcoholic in that i can drink every night consistently and still accomplish things while drunk, and then after being drunk.

aye!!!

well... just a little while back i would of gave you an 'aye'. but then i began to question the whole 'functioning' part. sure i was getting by with the basic living task, but was i getting by with the larger goals of life. to some extent, but not exactly. so now i've cut back and i am trying to refocus.. (is that saturn i hear???)

word i am, i came home on sunday morning around 4 am and i went to work at 6 am. I felt like shit all day and i had a meeting with my supervisor which was weird cause he doesnt work on sundays. But i took care of business till 330 pm.

Originally posted by nomadawhat

well... just a little while back i would of gave you an 'aye'. but then i began to question the whole 'functioning' part. sure i was getting by with the basic living task, but was i getting by with the larger goals of life. to some extent, but not exactly.

pretty much how I feel. Living month to month sucks! Stagnating in one shitty party all the time begins to suck.

I could only function so long before something really shitty happened, sometimes years, sometimes months and so on

Archived