Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Couple Arrested For Asking For Directions

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by shameless self promotion, May 19, 2006.

1. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

Couple Arrested For Asking For Directions

BALTIMORE -- Baltimore City police arrested a Virginia couple over the weekend after they asked an officer for directions.WBAL-TV 11 News I-Team reporter David Collins said Joshua Kelly and Llara Brook, of Chantilly, Va., got lost leaving an Orioles game on Saturday. Collins reported a city officer arrested them for trespassing on a public street while they were asking for directions ."In jail for eight hours -- sleeping on a concrete floor next to a toilet," Kelly said."It was a nightmare," Brook said. "I was in there thinking I was just dreaming and waiting to wake up."
    Collins reported it was a nightmare ending to a nearly perfect day. He said the couple went to a company picnic and watched the Orioles beat Kansas City. It was their first trip to Camden Yards and asked two people for directions to Interstate 95 South when they left.Collins said somehow they ended up in the Cherry Hill section of south Baltimore. Hopelessly lost, relief melted away concerns after they spotted a police vehicle."I said, 'Thank goodness, could you please get us to 95?" Kelly said."The first thing that she said to us was no -- you just ran that stop sign, pull over," Brook said. "It wasn't a big deal. We'll pay the stop sign violation, but can we have directions?""What she said was 'You found your own way in here, you can find your own way out.'" Kelly said.Collins said the couple spotted another police vehicle and flagged that officer down for directions. But Officer Natalie Preston, a six-year veteran of the force, intervened."That really threw us for a loop when she stepped in between our cars," Kelly said. "(She) said my partner is not going to step in front of me and tell you directions if I'm not."Collins reported the circumstances got worse. Kelly pulled 40 feet forward parking next to a curb and put his flashers on while Brook was on the phone to her father hoping he could help her with directions. Both her parents are police officers in the Harrisburg, Pa., area."(Brook's father) was in the middle of giving us directions when the officer screeched up behind us and got out of the car and asked me to step out. I obeyed," Kelly said. "I obeyed everything -- stepped out of the car, put my hands behind my back, and the next thing I know, I was getting arrested for trespassing.""By this time, I was completely in tears," Brook said. "I said, 'Ma'am, you know, we just need your help. We are not trying to cause you any trouble. I'm not leaving him here.' What she did was walk over to my side of the car and said, 'Ok, we are taking you downtown, too.'"Collins said the couple was released from jail without being charged with anything. Brook is now concerned the arrest may complicate a criminal background check she's going through in her job as a child care worker.Collins said police left Kelly's car unlocked and the windows down at the impound lot. He reported a cell phone charger, pair of sunglasses and 20 CDs were stolen.Baltimore City police said they are looking into the incident.

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/9229472/detail.html

Ok, its bar time..

2. Flavicon

Flavicon Senior Member

"Baltimore City police said they are looking into the incident."

PSSSHHH!!!!!!!

3. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Don't worry about the job honey, the settlement will be compensation enough for a long time...

4. GEEB

GEEB Senior Member

this reminds of a time i got a jay-walking ticket. in sanfrancisco. fuck the police.

5. AyeBee

AyeBee Veteran Member

That's a big co-signed

6. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

7. LIVERWURST*

LIVERWURST* Elite Member

When I lived in NY one of my favorite memories is a dude hanging out of a cop van over the top harassing a cute girl walking down the street. Than reading the slogan down the side:

Courtesy
    Professionalism
    Respect

8. skirmfirm

skirmfirm Elite Member

i got arrested for throwing a paper cup into a skip on boxing day.

9. Wreck.One

Wreck.One Member

you can only do stuff like this to people who usually lie about stuff like this.

you know who i'm talkin bout

10. guerillaeye

guerillaeye Senior Member

my dog took a crap right in the middle of a cross-walk on the haight .. that was so fucking cool.

11. villain

villain Veteran Member

watch out for cops with god complexes who are having a bad day.

12. 2Blazzed

2Blazzed Senior Member

i guarantee u the cop was a black bitch

13. viperface

viperface Elite Member

How is trespassing on a public street even possible?

14. PUMPKIN ESCOBAR

PUMPKIN ESCOBAR Senior Member

Some dickhead cop gave me a $125 dollar ticket for having my liscence plate in my back window, no warning or anything. and he asked me if he needed to pull his gun on me when I "flipping & flopping all over the place" when I was trying to give him my fucking registration. Douche bag didn't see the half smoked blunt in my cupholder or smell the sack I had under my seat though.

15. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

and i bet you those fuckers didnt read em there rights either. i guess its these peoples fault for having there heads up there asses. anyone with enough common sense would know that shits bogus. serves those morons right.