Cooking with 12oz

Guest Are2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

So I have about 7-8 ounces of chevre left and I want to do something good with it... not put it on crackers, or over baked tomato's, or use instead of cream cheese on a bagel something good and different maybe turn into a sauce or something, I am completely stuck on what to do with it, anybody have any good recipes or ideas?

2rzc5xd.jpg

So I have about 7-8 ounces of chevre left and I want to do something good with it... not put it on crackers, or over baked tomato's, or use instead of cream cheese on a bagel something good and different maybe turn into a sauce or something, I am completely stuck on what to do with it, anybody have any good recipes or ideas?

2rzc5xd.jpg

Tempura it and serve with Parma and figs drizzled in honey on a bed of rocket. Or cut figs into halves, add some of the chevre and wrap with parma, drizzle over a balsamic reduction.

In conclusion, figs, parma ham and goats cheese is awesomeness personified.

Tempura it and serve with Parma and figs drizzled in honey on a bed of rocket. Or cut figs into halves, add some of the chevre and wrap with parma, drizzle over a balsamic reduction.

In conclusion, figs, parma ham and goats cheese is awesomeness foodified.

/fixed

2rzc5xd.jpg

roast beets, remove skin n cut into cubes

toss beets in olive oil, balsamic vin, s+p, chopped parsley n thyme

crumble goat cheese on top

win

i actually have to shave it next week as my wife and i are doing some wedding expos and events with our cupcake business. rich white women don't wanna think about beard hair when they're scarfing down sweets. it's gotten pretty gnarly, like zz top gnarly. i might keep the mustache for shits & grins just to look like a skeezy gringo pervert.

i made pork parmesan for a friend's birthday. i had made it once before for just myself to make sure i didn't give anyone trichinosis.

first pount the pork with a fucking hammer.

ANNE2436-1.jpg

ANNE2449.jpg

then dredge it and bread it

ANNE2455.jpg

ANNE2459.jpg

then fry it in veggie oil until golden brown

ANNE2467.jpg

then assemble the pieces in a baking dish with a shitload of cheese, a good sauce, some chopped pork belly and a few veggies for color.

ANNE2491.jpg

ANNE2498.jpg

ANNE2500.jpg

put it in the oven and 450 until the cheese is golden brown and the sauce bubbles then plate it onto of some pasta and next to a veggie of some sort.

ANNE2516.jpg

no one got sick, it was fucking delicious and i made it again for christmas dinner with my fam.

Pork Parma?

The chicken version is on the menu in just about every pub is Australia generally for about 10 bucks with chips and salad... delicious

thank you for isnpiring what I'm cooking for dinner tonight

and if you don't put on the tomato sauce etc it's just a ...........Schnitzel

tumblr_m2f82g8R7R1rsm640o1_1280.png

I've been wanting to do an "Indian fried chicken" thing real bad, tried it out, surprisingly good.

$6.99 bag of frozen chicken

Big bowl half full of flour, whatever kind my wife gets

Few eggs all stirred up

Tandoori masala

Cumin

Paprika

Chili powder

Black pepper

Fryin' oil

Nigella seed

So, put an inch or so of oil in a fry pan.

Thaw your chicken bits in the microwave, and cut them into strips.

Put a bunch of flour in a bowl, and put all the spices in the flour, however much you want, I usually do a test blob of batter to see if I want to add something. I usually go pretty heavy with the tandoori masala powder, medium on the cumin and chili powder, and light on the black pepper and paprika.

Crack a few eggs in a bowl and whip them up real good.

Take a good handful of nigella seed, toss 'em in the hot oil.

I double dip, like, egg, flour stuff, egg, flower stuff, then into the oil.

Fry up the chicken, pretty simple.

I like it with tamarind chutney and sriracha.

I also put this in a sandwich the next day, no flicks though sorry.

Hawaiian sweet roll bread from the Chinese spot, Shredded cabbage and carrots, pickled jalapeno, tamarind chutney. Real good.

Edit: the last time I messed with mixing random food with an Indian twist, I made potato pancakes, like, shredded potatos, onions, and green beans in a potato pancake. I'll find the flicks tomorrow of that... Shit was good

Ingredients

Four 1- to 1 1/4-pound lobsters

1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise

Salt and freshly ground pepper

1/4 cup finely diced celery

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Pinch of cayenne pepper

4 top-split hot dog buns

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

1/2 cup shredded Boston lettuce

Prepare a large ice-water bath. In a very large pot of boiling salted water, cook the lobsters until they turn bright red, about 10 minutes. Using tongs, plunge the lobsters into the ice-water bath for 2 minutes, then drain.

Twist off the lobster tails and claws and remove the meat. Remove and discard the intestinal vein that runs the length of each lobster tail. Cut the lobster meat into 1/2-inch pieces and pat dry, then transfer to a strainer set over a bowl and refrigerate until very cold, at least 1 hour.

In a large bowl, mix the lobster meat with the mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the diced celery, lemon juice and cayenne pepper until well blended.

Heat a large skillet. Brush the sides of the hot dog buns with the melted butter and toast over moderate heat until golden brown on both sides. Transfer the hot dog buns to plates, fill them with the shredded lettuce and the lobster salad and serve immediately.

directing people to google in here is fucking stupid.

*because this is a place to discuss cooking, and if someone is not familiar with a certain foodstuff, we don't call it fucking stupid˘ unless we want to make ourselves look like an arrogant asshole.

Not knowing where to start on making a lobster roll is fucking stupid...but I digress this is your thread and I'm not trying to derail it from the amazing food that get's posted.

The recipe I posted is a good start, the best lobster rolls are simple, prepared using the freshest ingredients and mild seasoning that won't over power the fragile lobster taste.

• 4 months later...

Archived