I have a working theory about boomers

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My girl refers to me as a boomer all the time, she is only 8 months younger than me - but shit like paying with apple watch and a bunch of other shit is mad crazy to me.

She has me on all the new shit and I react like Keanu in Bill and Teds whenever I successfully pay for something with my watch or tap to pay.

• LOL! 3

2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

My girl refers to me as a boomer all the time, she is only 8 months younger than me - but shit like paying with apple watch and a bunch of other shit is mad crazy to me.

She has me on all the new shit and I react like Keanu in Bill and Teds whenever I successfully pay for something with my watch or tap to pay.

Next time she calls you that, drop a boom boom in her pants.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Dust started pulling some shit with me, and I'm telling you, he's lucky we didn't catch him by that wall, because if he would of been, -even if you were shooting the movie, it would of just been boom boom boom and that's the way it woulda went.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

8 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Hahaha. My man. My wife talks shit about the way I Google all the time. I don't know if I'll ever do that pay with phone shit. It took me forever to just tap my card on the fuckin machine without using the chip or the swipe. What an amazing time to be alive.

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Hahaha. My man. My wife talks shit about the way I Google all the time. I don't know if I'll ever do that pay with phone shit. It took me forever to just tap my card on the fuckin machine without using the chip or the swipe. What an amazing time to be alive.

I don’t do any of that tap tap bullshit.

I’m old school.

• Truth 1

Boomers get a bad wrap by folks that do not have the education or curiosity to look any further back in the timeline.

Children now a days are whining about their grandparents not saving the world while the only thing I really see them doing is what, tweeting or ticktoking or somethings? They had the momentum with the George Floyd moment and what did they do with it, absolutely nothing as a far as I can tell. Hashtag no crossfire

This chinrock thing might have legs though, last weekend some dude about my age was bumping temple of  boom from the speakers on his Harley, which sounds way better than the old speakers in trunk bumpin from cruising days of old. 

As an aside I bet that both the cruising in the gay sense and the cruising in the rolling up and down the strip sense have been killed by the cell phone.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, morton said:

This chinrock thing might have legs though, last weekend some dude about my age was bumping temple of  boom from the speakers on his Harley, which sounds way better than the old speakers in trunk bumpin from cruising days of old.

Wisest words you’ve ever spoke. Join us on the other side sometime. Don’t let these heathens dissuade you.

• Truth 1

I kinda feel bad for boomers. It seems like a lot of them didn’t prepare for the future and were led to believe social security will take care of them. Then once they were nearing retirement age, and started crunching numbers, they realized they’re gonna be totally fucked.  

Now they’re hanging on to jobs that should be opening up to a younger generation, and they’re bitter that they can’t have the life of a senior citizen they saw their parents get. 

seeing the world change around you and realizing you’re not interested in keeping up anymore  is weird. I’m sure a lot of us are feeling it in one way or another. For them they didn’t want to learn computers and email or cell phones…. Forget about things like PayPal Venmo and cashapp. Or Airbnb Turo Uber.

My mom is still insistent on owning a printer. And trying to explain to her tangible copies of documents aren’t needed any longer as long as you have your email password or Google drive is a waste of breath. 

What will it be for us? 

it kinda seems like millenials are returning to analog in a lot of ways. Film cameras, dumb phones, vinyl. Will zoomers keep it going and toss social media and streaming media aside? Interesting generational/cultural shift at play. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

2 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I kinda feel bad for boomers. It seems like a lot of them didn’t prepare for the future and were led to believe social security will take care of them. Then once they were nearing retirement age, and started crunching numbers, they realized they’re gonna be totally fucked.  

Now they’re hanging on to jobs that should be opening up to a younger generation, and they’re bitter that they can’t have the life of a senior citizen they saw their parents get. 

seeing the world change around you and realizing you’re not interested in keeping up anymore  is weird. I’m sure a lot of us are feeling it in one way or another. For them they didn’t want to learn computers and email or cell phones…. Forget about things like PayPal Venmo and cashapp. Or Airbnb Turo Uber.

My mom is still insistent on owning a printer. And trying to explain to her tangible copies of documents aren’t needed any longer as long as you have your email password or Google drive is a waste of breath. 

What will it be for us? 

it kinda seems like millenials are returning to analog in a lot of ways. Film cameras, dumb phones, vinyl. Will zoomers keep it going and toss social media and streaming media aside? Interesting generational/cultural shift at play. 

I'd feel bad for boomers except they're the ones responsible for gutting social aid and assistances that would have helped them retire reasonably.  That and they're also responsible for their children being the first generation worse off than their parents in a not insignificant amount of time. 

10 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

it kinda seems like millenials are returning to analog in a lot of ways. Film cameras, dumb phones, vinyl.

Guilty

Last few years has seen me revert back to 35mm film, vinyl, paper notebook/diary etc 
Given social media away, try to keep screen time down and phone just for calls and texts mostly, but browsing and online shopping are too conventient to pass up still.

Not sure if its a way to combat the disappointment of constantly having anything you buy replaced instantly by newer technology or a fancier version.

Or could just be me holding onto the past haha