Sometimes I think the Amish are the ones who’ve really got this all figured out

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

True, kinda. Modern day Amish do work in the real world... though mostly carpentry jobs (like building house and such) and selling farm equipment. Therefore they pay taxes (like income tax, property tax, etc).  I'm not Amish, I've not spent any amount of time with them, but I'd imagine living their life has it's fair share of "mud" to deal with, just like non-Amish folk do. 

Idk. I feel you on the maybe they might be doing it right but all that churchly stuff is not it. I can’t imagine living so righteous you don’t get to party and wake up with shitty hangovers wishing you didn’t bang some chick you shouldn’t have banged. And stuff like that. Lololol. I base all of my Amish knowledge off of this shit right here though so I don’t know shit. 

image.jpeg.c156911b378ff0875720fda97fef73e3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Idk. I feel you on the maybe they might be doing it right but all that churchly stuff is not it. I can’t imagine living so righteous you don’t get to party and wake up with shitty hangovers wishing you didn’t bang some chick you shouldn’t have banged. And stuff like that. Lololol. I base all of my Amish knowledge off of this shit right here though so I don’t know shit. 

38E91951-674A-4761-AA97-020F6D10C580.gif

4 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I forget the proper term used, but basically sometime around late teens early twenties, Amish are sent out into modern day societies for like two years at most.  This is to allow them to experience what you're talking about.  So if they come back to the their community then they didn't fall into sin and so forth.  As for the no electric and all that, I can't remember what that's all about but it does gave something to fall in with their beliefs to an extent.   They are off the grid for the most part.  They do have their own laws a d so forth but not untouchable like Native Americans.  They are a different breed for sure. 

18 hours ago, ndv said:

I forget the proper term used, but basically sometime around late teens early twenties, Amish are sent out into modern day societies for like two years at most.  This is to allow them to experience what you're talking about.  So if they come back to the their community then they didn't fall into sin and so forth.  As for the no electric and all that, I can't remember what that's all about but it does gave something to fall in with their beliefs to an extent.   They are off the grid for the most part.  They do have their own laws a d so forth but not untouchable like Native Americans.  They are a different breed for sure. 

Rumpspringa

• Like 1
  • Props 1

• 11 months later...
On 3/3/2023 at 9:43 AM, KILZ FILLZ said:

They don’t gotta deal with MOST of the bullshit of modern life. No food costs. No housing costs.

No bills

No job

No emails

No HOA

just hand make wooden furniture in the workshop you have on your farm and sell raw milk to hippies 

64432CB3-0C5A-40C7-B0D3-C5223BE2C28F.thumb.jpeg.e423aa70d6afd5ccc32194413aa80e04.jpeg

Thought of this quite a bit myself. All these segregated cultures/ sub cultures seem to be doing better than the population at large. 

I believe it’s a result of community. 

• Like 1