BUYING HOUSES

Dark_Knight

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Stoked on this @NightmareOnElmStreet  That place looks fucking nice man. 

Thanks man. We call it the secret garden hut. Shes almost completely sealed off with ivy and random greenery from the backyard around to the front. Being in the inner city its a kind of rare privacy which is rad.  

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@NightmareOnElmStreetThat's what I dug about it. Pretty dry out west so my shits never going to get even 1/4 as green as that. Someone really took care of those plants for years. Just like seeing stuff like that photo, holding it down for the fam. Probably normal shit off of 12oz, but on here knowing where most of us came from, and the all the usual bad news about people who used to write, it's good actually seeing some of us actually making it.

/prohomo™wnership oner

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

We ended up paying, and staying in our apartment 2 months after closing to finish out the lease. We didn't get shit done in the house like painting during those two months until after we moved in and the previous paint job was fucked. Bought end of August, in before Oct. 1st last year, and just finished painting half the interior a month ago.

Procrastination oner. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

10 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Congrats @NightmareOnElmStreet! My move in day is the same. Well, depending on if closing stuff all goes accordingly. Having trouble with negotiations. Need to replace the furnace and they don’t want to compensate the price. Buying a house is a nightmare. Can’t wait until this process is over.

Our closing was pretty straight forward and quick. Dealing with the lender bitch lady was the only thing that sucked. 

• Like 1

Hopefully it goes as planned though! And @Merceri will report back on how all the procrastination goes over here on my end lol. Fuckin definitely can see myself not doing any of the painting even though I am indeed a painter. It’s the putting up and taking down of a wall or 2 and floor refinishing that I’m gonna have a challenge with the race of time. 

47 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

damn that’s some cheap tipping tho

is it?

Tipping was always a worry for me when I was in the states.

I figured if I left a  a dollar on each beer I was probably right but at restaurants and stuff I had no idea.

It's not such a done thing down here when your Waitress is earning 20 an hour before penalty rates
and you're paying 10% GST on food and drinks already.

Capitalist AF, but an extreme over tipper right here. Probably overcompensation for the lesser known "black guilt" syndrome and I like doing it. Pretty common if you're a regular at a place in Denver, for the server/bartender to look out for you on free drinks as part of a never spoken about, or acknowledged employee theft for cash scheme that both parties can exploit. /pro-overtip™.

• Like 2
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1

33 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I’ve gotten a little too loose with being a better topper now that I’m not on that paycheck to paycheck shit. All in all, I’m a solid 25% and never in random places like my kids mother, the server. Servers always take care of each other. 

How loose you getting with that better top? No longer paycheck to paycheck, you must be out there earning your keep. Your kids mom serves top in random places but you don’t? “Servers always take care of each other” is that code y’all live by.

E682281F-1E5C-4F38-A965-E005F82E0EF7.jpeg

Edited by LUGR
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

27 minutes ago, LUGR said:

How loose you getting with that better top? No longer paycheck to paycheck, you must be out there earning your keep. Your kids mom serves top in random places but you don’t? “Servers always take care of each other” is that code y’all live by.

E682281F-1E5C-4F38-A965-E005F82E0EF7.jpeg

78CD2035-0E81-4906-B593-1A78493BE9FA.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

13 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

78CD2035-0E81-4906-B593-1A78493BE9FA.gif

Suck it all up.

E119F701-FAA3-4C8B-94D7-3A6FDED82D90.png

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 12:43 AM, LUGR said:

Suck it all up.

E119F701-FAA3-4C8B-94D7-3A6FDED82D90.png

i mean........over my head, but uhhh...yeah. AOC(AOZ??). She needs to be on top. of me. 

• 1 month later...