BUYING HOUSES

Dark_Knight

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
42 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

I will be too busy to drink until further notice now. I’ll buy a keg if you come sand, stain and refinish my floors tho ! 

Ive only done that shit once. I took on that job not knowing what I was doing. To say I slam fucked these peoples floor up would be an understatement. However they were happy with the final product so no harm no foul.

Right on @Dark_Knight -  

About to break 250k off to my soon to be ex-wife in order to buy her out of the house.

Sucks. But in actuality if I get off just buying her out of the property that is best case and will save me 150k minimum on top of that 250k.

Fuck bruhs. She came with zero financial contribution to buying the pad other than split mortgage payments. Buy the crib before you get married guys…..or don’t get married or prenup that shit. 

• Like 3
  • Truth 2

1 hour ago, Dark_Knight said:

Finally got the keys, bros. Long drawn out process. Glad to be done.

congratulations @Dark_Knight

that's awesome!!

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

Hell yeah man. Now you can throw a raging kegger!

Do this before you do the floors!

1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

you got to fuck in each room to christen them

beat me to it.

was going to say this is most important

• Truth 2
  • LOL! 1

• 5 months later...

Yo, I have been looking at condos/high rise places lately because I wanna move back in the city, don't wanna deal with all of the maintenance of a home or townhouse.  I'd rather pay a monthly fee to the building for things to be fixed and amenities that I can use instead of purchasing or memberships elsewhere.   

Anyone of you can give some advise on what to look for in condo/high rise living, what questions should I be asking the realtorand/or building owner?

35 minutes ago, ndv said:

Yo, I have been looking at condos/high rise places lately because I wanna move back in the city, don't wanna deal with all of the maintenance of a home or townhouse.  I'd rather pay a monthly fee to the building for things to be fixed and amenities that I can use instead of purchasing or memberships elsewhere.   

Anyone of you can give some advise on what to look for in condo/high rise living, what questions should I be asking the realtorand/or building owner?

Get an exact breakdown of your monthly assessments.

Any current or upcoming special assessments.

What capital projects are expected or scheduled in the near future, in five years, in ten years.

If you can get your hands on the association’s financials, review them.

Ask about building preventative maintenance.

Has the building’s structural integrity been inspected and if so, can you review the report.

Ask about the professional backgrounds of the board of directors.

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

9 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Get an exact breakdown of your monthly assessments.

Any current or upcoming special assessments.

What capital projects are expected or scheduled in the near future, in five years, in ten years.

If you can get your hands on the association’s financials, review them.

Ask about building preventative maintenance.

Has the building’s structural integrity been inspected and if so, can you review the report.

Ask about the professional backgrounds of the board of directors.

LUGR,  I was thinking about some of these things, I didn't know the proper lingo so I couldn't formally ask.  But nonetheless I was thinking if my lawyer could get ahold of all this info?  I am sure he can since he knows the procedures to obtain this info.  

I appreciate the advice.  I am sure I will have more questions to come as I get closer to beginning to look at places in person. 

• Props 1

9 minutes ago, ndv said:

LUGR,  I was thinking about some of these things, I didn't know the proper lingo so I couldn't formally ask.  But nonetheless I was thinking if my lawyer could get ahold of all this info?  I am sure he can since he knows the procedures to obtain this info.  

I appreciate the advice.  I am sure I will have more questions to come as I get closer to beginning to look at places in person. 

Lawyer may be able to help. If you ever get a chance to talk to owners or staff at the property, you may be able to finesse some info in conversation. Some answers will come from property management. Some info you probably won’t be able to get.

• Truth 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

Straight up….I cannot understand y’all condo chasers son. My mom bought a shitty one in the hood. It’s essentially been the same shit I grew up in, in the projects. Paying fees and rents to a bunch of other mf’s who are supposed to take care of your shit and never really do but you’re still responsible for your own shit. Granted, it’s a little different because you’re the guy responsible for most everything inside and outside but if you were in the projects you could never get anything done anyways cause you couldn’t afford it and it wasn’t your fucking responsibility anyways lol. But it didn’t change the fact it didn’t get done. But if you have a condo you still gotta pay a grip of hoa fees and still take care of most of your own shit regardless. Fuck that. If you can even close to afford it don’t buy a condo. Unless the sellers are super chill in writing. Which I don’t think even matters. At the end of the day you’re buying into a gang of shit that doesn’t fucking belong to you and you gotta pay out the ass regardless. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

14 minutes ago, LUGR said:

I think the appeal is location…so, don’t buy a shitty one in the hood, buy a nice one in an awesome location downtown or on the beach.

I was thinking downtown h-town.  There's several nice spots most of which are going to be young to seasoned professionals in law, finance, oil.  So thats kinda good networking there.

27 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Straight up….I cannot understand y’all condo chasers son. My mom bought a shitty one in the hood. It’s essentially been the same shit I grew up in, in the projects. Paying fees and rents to a bunch of other mf’s who are supposed to take care of your shit and never really do but you’re still responsible for your own shit. Granted, it’s a little different because you’re the guy responsible for most everything inside and outside but if you were in the projects you could never get anything done anyways cause you couldn’t afford it and it wasn’t your fucking responsibility anyways lol. But it didn’t change the fact it didn’t get done. But if you have a condo you still gotta pay a grip of hoa fees and still take care of most of your own shit regardless. Fuck that. If you can even close to afford it don’t buy a condo. Unless the sellers are super chill in writing. Which I don’t think even matters. At the end of the day you’re buying into a gang of shit that doesn’t fucking belong to you and you gotta pay out the ass regardless. 

I hear ya.  I am thinking about buying opposed to renting or a lease.  

Yeah. I wouldn’t do a condo either. It’s just too much man. I got my parents to sell theirs and fuck off back to Florida in 2019 after I fully renovated the joint. There was just one too many shit pipes exploding above them and me having to drop everything to come and repair. 

I ended up getting hooked up 3 other people in the same complex who were dealing with insurance claims. I showed them how to maximize their money on the claim and everyone sold when the repairs were complete.

This is the funniest shit ever to me, but this is the type of shit you have to deal with when the person above you is a real shit dick. I walked into one of these condos and noticed water stains through the ceilings. Going in dead straight lines and then making 90 degree turns and continuing on through every single room. They had me tear open the bathroom ceiling because they thought some pipes in between floors were leaking. Nothing was leaking not even a little. After talking with the home owners and the guy that lives above him and hearing all kinds of stories, here is what I came up with. The guy upstairs had to replace his hot water heater because it was about to give out. He called a plumber out to do the job and decided it was too much money. So he figured he would save a few bucks by draining it himself. So he hooks a hose to his hot water heater and flops the other end into his bath tub. As he’s draining he fucks off to go do something else. The hose falls out of his bath tub and on top of the floor vent directly outside of the tub and the water continues to pour through his hvac system and in turn, the entire people’s shit below him. 

Another problem I created, I was doing repair work in a high rise condo. Hanging drywall into metal studs, I went straight through the stud and also straight into a 3/4 inch water line hidden inside of it. While water gushed out of this thing, we had to run down 13 floors to the front desk to tell them to turn the water off. Then maintenance had to run across the building to turn one of those big ass metal steering wheels to cut water off to the whole side of the building. In the meantime, we have dumped about 45 gallons of water into the unit below us and also into the unit below them. The worst part was these buildings had asbestos popcorn in them. I made it rain asbestos into all these other units. I was responsible for all that shit. It was one of the biggest fucking bills I’ve ever seen in my life.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

I mean I guess it really depends on your threshold for bullshit. My job by nature tends to put me in the middle of the worst possible situation. But I’ve done just enough to have the opinion of ‘fuck this’ even if It’s only 1 unit out of 200. The last building I was in was 5 units out of 60 and those were just the ones I was dealing with.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LUGR said:

I think the appeal is location…so, don’t buy a shitty one in the hood, buy a nice one in an awesome location downtown or on the beach.

Na fuck that. Idfk if it even really matters about that location shit. If you can afford a dope neighborhood cool. If you can’t. Cool. At the end of the day it boils down to what you give a fuck about paying for. Your OWN ass shit or some other mf’s that’s supposed to pay for keeping your little ass sidewalk or roof cool. That’s it. Oh and wether or not you can have a fucking bbq in your non existing backyard. Fuck that. 

• Truth 1

11 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

@ndv where are you even looking? And don’t be a secretive fag about it. No one is here to raid your spot. If you’re on channel zero the chances of you needing to worry about that are slim to none. Sorry, zero secret society police. No one gives a fuck. 

He already posted where he is looking.

H-town.

• Truth 1

2 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Be sure to review posts or thread from @KILZ FILLZabout his experience buying a townhouse.

Would be great to get an update from him. I hope everything was resolved and he is enjoying his home now.

@KILZ FILLZis coolin. Definitely can speak on this whole condo thing though. It’s beyond necessary in some areas I will agree. 

• Like 1

Also, something else to consider, I’m not sure what it’s called, the condos by laws maybe. What ever document spells out what the associations responsibilities are. If there is conflicting information or things are worded confusingly, get ready to be in for a legal fight to resolve your issues. Also I would find out what the condo associations deductible is in case you ever need to file a claim. The last place I was at, the deductible was $5000 per occurrence. That’s lunacy when you are already paying them $8500 in annual fees.

• Pause 1
  • Truth 1