BUYING HOUSES

Dark_Knight

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
8 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Do you qualify for an FHA loan? You only need 3.5% down for that one. You’ll get smoked with PMI that never goes away but you can always REFI with a different loan structure when you get back to work.

I don’t believe so. I’m not back full time and until I am I don’t really qualify for shit unless I want to drop a lot of cash. Hands are tied. Pretty pissed about it.

• Like 1

Well to be honest, the dope thing about real estate is there is always another deal to be had. Keep stacking your money or at least maintaining what you have until you go back full time. 

I bought my first house recklessly. It almost landed me in jail and when I dumped the property, I lost about 20k in physical money and lots of time.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 10:57 AM, mr.yuck said:

I was trying to figure out which room I was gonna move into.

got a spare room for you.

just gotta share the expertise  on the maintenance .

Lots of problems that are starting to catch up.

Edited by Schnitzel
typos
  • Like 1

@Schnitzel

Didn’t they just renovate your house? Am I gonna have to learn to count in kilometers? Fuck. I was watching that Aussie reno show with the flamboyant dick head. Everyone was there measuring in millimeters. Like 600 mm. And then my brain started smoking when I realized they could have just said 60 cm. Like I couldn’t Imagine yelling a measurement out to some one like 16,000/32nds to the long point. 

Your way of measuring is probably way better.

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@Schnitzel

Didn’t they just renovate your house? Am I gonna have to learn to count in kilometers? Fuck. I was watching that Aussie reno show with the flamboyant dick head. Everyone was there measuring in millimeters. Like 600 mm. And then my brain started smoking when I realized they could have just said 60 cm. Like I couldn’t Imagine yelling a measurement out to some one like 16,000/32nds to the long point. 

They did renovate the back of the house increased the footprint of the house but the front has some pre-exisiting issues I should have just manned  up and dealt with back then.

interiors are fine and roof is good but there's some fascia etc that need to be fixed/replaced.

My neighbour is pretty handy so he's going to help me with a few things and once you know how to do them you know.

yes I reckon millimeters is a bit silly

centimeters probably makes more sense.

is the flamboyant guy you refer to on the left in this pic?

image.thumb.png.875d3385e0cf5f09b74319d30d816d9c.png

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1

8 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@Schnitzel

This is the beauty of the metric system.

• Truth 1

We paid extra, found a small crack. Extra cost of sewer scope $129.00, bargaining chip for negotiations, priceless.

Plus I also have a video now, showing of the entire length of my sewer line. Saves me the trouble of shoving a camera up my ass after a fresh crack hair removal waxx job. I just watch that video and it's close enough for me to satisfy my curiosity, count peanuts/corn etc. Best $129.00 I've spent

• Like 2

Also, from reading the thread, don't fuck yourself up jumping in. Classic 1st time home buyer move making the lease deadline no matter what. If you've got to find a month to month for a minute, way better than settling for a house you're not stoked about, and letting something better get away from you. If this inspection raises any concerns, especially with the foundation, dealing with those concerns later is much worse than continuing to rent a month or two more. Trust me on this one.

Also, a lot of people think this is a bad time to buy thinking back to 2008, but this definitely isn't 2008. Jacked up prices aren't currently, or going to stay focused in real estate. These price increases were intended to pump financial assets, but because of a supply drop (drop in goods and services being produced), and a demand increase (Fed printing/distributing 40% of all usd in existence since the pandemic's start) inflation is going to spiral. Making the fixed number you owe on that mortgage easier, and easier to pay off once inflation starts hitting wages. Real estate isn't going to get any more affordable in the near future, everything else will just go up in price instead. TLDR This is still a good time to get in IMO.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1

Was telling yuck that this house is the one I definitely wanted. Happy about it. There’s a little work that needs to be done, but yeah as long as the foundation is sound, I should be ok. No visible water damage in the basement. The price was incredible too. Wondering if someone died in it or something Bc it is a lot cheaper than I figured it would be.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Sounds like a go, had like 2 those during my hunt last summer and they fell through. Twice as hard when your wife is emotionally attached to the house you're under contract for, and is already picking stuff out for it, but you have to pass because the roof has hail damage, and the current owner is too much of a cunt to file an insurance claim properly to get it replaced for free, and doesn't want to lower the price after the inspection. A little too specific lol. 1st world problems I guess, should be happy to have to even worry about them all things considered. Very much worth it in the end.

/prohomo™wnership

Anything your inspector finds like foundation/roof/sewer problems etc. would need to be disclosed to the next buyer legally. Major psychological hurdle for the seller when negotiating if you're cold blooded enough to destroy the wife's dreams, and force her to rebuild trying to save a 10 to 20k.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3