found patch in parking lot, looking for translation

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, glorydays said:

that is def farsi

arabic looks wider...and the circular symbols

Disagree. Both use the same alphabet... as does pashtu, urdu, and about a dozen other languages with slight variances of extra dots above or below the letters and a few added letters.

I tagged my homie on your IG that will be able to translate it regardless. There are a few letters that got crammed at that scale that I can't figure out, so my skillz are pointless here. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 2

5 hours ago, glorydays said:

that is def farsi

arabic looks wider...and the circular symbols

actually the opposite is true.

this is def not farsi.

its arabic

the 4th "he" top row doesnt have two dots above it in farsi...in arabic it does.

the patch has the "he" with the two dots above it.

• Props 2
  • LOL! 1

Yes, but....

That's actually a teh, but in this instance a teh marbuta. When teh falls at the end of a word it closes or becomes connected (marbutah means connected), it functions as an "uh" sound when the next word starts with a consonant but sounds more like "uht" when the next letter is alif or wow or ain.

Arabic is based on roots called jethers. Almost every word has a 3 letter root verb that you add specific letters in specific locations to change the meaning or part of speech. With the above example of marbuta your root is rebete (not pronounced at all like that but I don't want to explain how Arabic ultimately functions without written vowels) which means to connect. Put a meem in front of rebete and you get marbete (also not pronounced as you are reading it) meaning connector. Put a teh marbuta at the end and you get marbuta meaning connected. Put an alif  in the second space and you get a new word, and so on until you get some very long words.

When you use an Arabic dictionary you decipher the jether from whatever word you're trying to translate, which becomes easy after learning a lot of patterns. The 4-5 or so letters I cannot decipher from the patch are all key jether letters. 

Also, some letters don't connect to the prior or next letter and some letters stack and almost all letters change shape a bit depending where they fall in a word.  The first letter on the bottom is actually a stacked meem over a heh. The last letter on the top I think is a meem, but it should have a tail on it so I'm confused as to what it is. 

You also have the potential for borrowed words from other languages that don't follow any established patterns. 

Tldr: I can't read that shit anymore 

• Props 3

I'm talking about the patch.. the word on the upper right read from right to left... last letter. 

It has two dots above it... Arabic has that, farsi does not. 

Kinda like how farsi has the letter "P" while Arabic does not... that's why signs of pepsi-cola are written "Bebsi" cola in Arabic countries