Cryptocurrency

CLICKCLACKONER

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...

I am not sure if it has been discussed here on the 12, but the thought of transitioning from tangible currency to crypto (when that time comes) in what ways will the transition effect classes of people?  

What i am trying to get at isnt the transition itself but more so the shift of powers, financially in regards to classes and demographics.    Which also stems off another thought,  how much will crypto (main/the most popular, btc, eth, and such) be worth? Will it rival the rate of inflation, or will it drop in value, then rise a little to level off at a median value of current inflation rates giving a shift in financial classes.   I mean, of course the rich keep getting richer, but let's face it, most people were brushing off cryptos years ago whilst laughing at the thought of crypto replacing tangible currency.  But now that these people (some of them) are beginning to see the reality taking place in the financial markets which drives the worth up. 

Or will crypto just widen the gap of rich and poor?  Will there be only two classes of people globally?  

I am not sure, I am not in doubt that crypto will shift financial powers considering it has created a lot of new wealth on a wide scale of demographic.  

Anyhow, I am just curious on the cause and effect the transition will have when crypto replaces tangible greenbacks.  

Regardless of what happens, I do like the thought of knowing I can go online and buy a grenade for $350.00 (considering this is legit source) which i just can't do with tangible currency anonymously.

Unit bias is one of the first psychological hurdles (successful) crypto investors have to overcome. Good looks on not wasting anything trying to make it an even. Knew quite a few people I knew that missed out waiting to buy 1 entire bitcoin. Matter of fact, happened to me.

Like I'd just need $200 more during the Hillary vs Trump election to get 1 entire bitcoin even. Then by payday, Bitcoin would see more gains, so I'd put the $200 on the exchange, and not buy yet because I wanted a whole fucking bitcoin dammit. Next check comes, ready to cop, but now I need $600 more to buy one. (If I would have just bought when I was $200 short I might have doubled my money by now.

Next payday, dump another $500 into the exchange, but guess what, bitcoin just went up again. Fuck. I watched it go from $1200 to $20,000 the entire time "waiting" to buy an even number for no fucking reason at all. Till this day I regret that because it would have meant an extra 10K in gains.

The only reasonable excuse was that it would be easier to calculate how much I had in my head if I owned an exactly even number. 10k lost, just because I thought using a calculator every once in a while was too much work.

• Like 1

1092590425_ScreenShot2020-11-05at7_01_30AM.png.9600a97f1fe3b67bc8c7c4b46a1bc3c3.png

Good news I guess, at least a sign this shit isn't going away any time soon..

Just like the previous 2 supply shocks created by the the bitcoin halvening, bitcoin is approaching it's all time high again during the U.S. Presidential election. (peep the charts for 2016) Both cycles (presidential & halvening) run every 4 years and line up like clockwork. Bitcoin is at almost 15k right now, will top it's ATH by December laying the foundation for another massive 2021 bull run, just like it did in 2017, and 2013.

In other news, Ethereum 2.0 contract finally released, Dec 1st deposits will start earning fee's. This guarantees Ethereum is going to be ready to scale up, and have the capacity to handle every financial transaction in the world, almost instantly. I've got my 32 ETH to stake (and then some) ready to earn staking fee's on for the rest of my life.

Next spring I'm considering updating my signature to:

"That nigga poor B, I'm not poor, fuck that nigga." 

Edited by Mercer
grammerz

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/259981-feds-sell-off-final-silk-road-bitcoins

D8308B97-1645-4C0D-860E-BA3740D8ED7B.thumb.jpeg.a6d933886be2fadad7148161c950579e.jpeg

but also today 

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/524647-justice-department-seizes-1-billion-in-bitcoin-tied-to-illicit-drugs-and

AF83C198-FF99-421E-99B5-2B1A41762947.thumb.jpeg.eb99968fa5ebe36e96e11ac2bd02fc21.jpeg

🤔
so, if the are planning to sell off these BTC like they did with the last round, how would the sell off of $1bn in coins impact the current price?

6 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

So @mercer in your opinion would it be more beneficial to focus on buying more eth or btc even how fast it’s going up? 

I'm holding until at least next summer, and think it's going up until December 2021. I hate giving financial advice for obvious reasons, don't really want to be responsible for anyone else's money but my own, but I'm pretty confident in Bitcoin/ETH (and Monero) myself at least. I'll probably give a heads up in here when I think it's time for me to dump, but I see the exact same pattern now that I saw last halvening.

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I'm holding until at least next summer, and think it's going up until December 2021. I hate giving financial advice for obvious reasons, don't really want to be responsible for anyone else's money but my own, but I'm pretty confident in Bitcoin/ETH (and Monero) myself at least. I'll probably give a heads up in here when I think it's time for me to dump, but I see the exact same pattern now that I saw last halvening.

Dammit man. 8C9E3377-933B-469C-A218-4D28BEA216A1.gif.5c301fa957d324a3c05cbc690d889d24.gif

On 11/5/2020 at 12:13 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/259981-feds-sell-off-final-silk-road-bitcoins

D8308B97-1645-4C0D-860E-BA3740D8ED7B.thumb.jpeg.a6d933886be2fadad7148161c950579e.jpeg

but also today 

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/524647-justice-department-seizes-1-billion-in-bitcoin-tied-to-illicit-drugs-and

AF83C198-FF99-421E-99B5-2B1A41762947.thumb.jpeg.eb99968fa5ebe36e96e11ac2bd02fc21.jpeg

🤔
so, if the are planning to sell off these BTC like they did with the last round, how would the sell off of $1bn in coins impact the current price?

Been reading up on this, the story is intentionally vague because the bitcoin was most likely stolen by the agents that put Ross Ulbricht away, and it looks bad for the government every time they admit they're going after themselves basically.

The private keys were used to move $1B worth of bitcoin recently from a known Silk Road address. Any time a large amount from a non exchange, older address moves we all know. So it appears the feds actually have control over it as that's what this appears to be related to.

What happens when you've got this much Bitcoin to sell, and you're the government, it goes to auction as one massive sale which doesn't effect the price directly. In fact, nobody ever dumps this much on an exchange because there aren't enough buy orders placed to purchase this much.

Hypothetically, if someone decided to dump on Coinbase Pro for example, there's only like 100 million dollars worth of USD deposits on that exchange at any given time. The buy orders go from the current price, down to some lowball offers to purchase bitcoin for 10% of it's current price. There are far more lowball offers to buy on an exchange, than realistic offers to buy close to the most recent exchanges, so most of the bitcoin dumped would go to buy orders far less than the current price. Once all 100 million dollars worth of open orders get filled, I could theoretically go on there (with god like timing) and offer a dollar for whatever's left in that open sell order and walk away rich off the price bounce.

This instant drop in price would cause what we call a "flash crash" which doesn't happen that much more these days for bitcoin,. I survived the last major flash crash, it was spring 2017 I think for Ethereum on GDAX (Now Coinbase Pro).  It had a bit of a lasting effect on ETH's price after the instant bounce back up, but just like the major drop the pandemic made, the momentum of the market's every day back and forth canceled it out in less than a month.

What will most likely happen is the government will hold an auction, and large bitcoin exchanges, and major investors will all get a chance to bid on it as a single sale for all of it. It will def go for less than the current market price, and then it can be either put back into circulation or held. If I had to guess, Greyscale trust will most likely be the buyer. They've been meticulously buying almost half the new bitcoin/ETH being mined this year and already hold close to $6B in crypto leveraged against way more cash they desperately want to invest (without driving up the price drastically much like a flash crash).

199772676_ScreenShot2020-11-08at8_44_18PM.thumb.png.0353e149d677fc1772cf9571c09c50ba.png

This company holds crypto, and then sells shares of "stock" on these assets at a huge premium. Like if you wanted an entire bitcoin worth of stock from them it would cost 5 to 10 times the price of actually buying a bitcoin. Why? You can put greyscale stock in your 401k, Roth, Mutual fund etc. as a long term hold, and everyone wants a little bit of crypto in their retirement portfolio these days. tFew people actually know how to buy/hold bitcoin themselves, and neither do their brokers, but greyscale is a different story.

The reason I think Greyscale would buy it is they're extremely careful about the bitcoin they buy, they prefer newly mined bitcoin that hasn't been used in any illegal transactions or associated with any addresses that have. A big purchase of clean coin straight from the government itself would be a wet dream for them.

• Props 1