Cryptocurrency

CLICKCLACKONER

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

I’m not so sure you could. It’s like saying “at least I didn’t break the speed limit” when you’re just riding a lawnmower.

Another winning comment, the hits just keep on coming 

153BCF3B-12A4-4BFC-A9E0-5197B159F53B.thumb.jpeg.1e6d6308eb5c228028ba0cfdadd27c64.jpeg

• Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Im looking forward to making some sketchy purchases in the next few days and need some bitcoin for the transaction. Ive read through here and read a bunch of sources online and still dont really understand what I have to do. 

Can some one make a list of step by step what I need to do to set this all up. Im not really interested in trading crypto as much as im interested in buying things anonymously.

Thanks bros.

6 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Im looking forward to making some sketchy purchases in the next few days and need some bitcoin for the transaction. Ive read through here and read a bunch of sources online and still dont really understand what I have to do. 

Can some one make a list of step by step what I need to do to set this all up. Im not really interested in trading crypto as much as im interested in buying things anonymously.

Thanks bros.

It's super easy, open a Coinbase.com account. If you use that referral link to open an account you'll get $10 on your account free. and so will I.

They'll walk you through the steps of setting up your account with them, and linking your bank account to the coinbase account to send & withdraw funds.

Seems like it would be tough but honestly, it's fairly easy to get going, waiting for their ID verification, and for your bank to send money should take 3 to 5 days.

• Like 1

@Mercerwhats with setting up a secondary wallet outside of coinbase? Is that a more anonymous way of making transactions? Im not too keen on buying sketchy goods through a party that has my ID on file and banking info. I might as well just use my debit card. Or am I missing something?

7 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@Mercerwhats with setting up a secondary wallet outside of coinbase? Is that a more anonymous way of making transactions? Im not too keen on buying sketchy goods through a party that has my ID on file and banking info. I might as well just use my debit card. Or am I missing something?

You never want to send direct from an exchange into anything other than a wallet you control. After then, you can do a shit ton of things to mask your identity. Normally, most of the burden of security goes to the person selling. If you're fucking with someone on the top of their game they'll be masking the transaction themselves.

I've been hitting people off with a little crypto on Metamask, and their Jaxx wallets in our private group. I've been pointing people towards Metamask for their web browser, and Jaxx for the phone. The Jaxx wallet handles a bunch of different types of crypto, the Metamask is more useful IMO.

If you're not in the Meeting at Jekyll Island private group on here request to join, we've got a bunch of tech support in there along with a tutorial on how to securely set up a new wallet. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 5.33.40 PM.png

• Props 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

if exodus wallet lets you purchase BTC,

and convert BTC to the other coins that it offers,

is there any reason left to use coinbase or Binance markets that I’m not seeing?

seems like I can close those out at this point?

A wallet (Exodus) can only store and send cryptocurrency,  if you want to use dollars to buy crypto you'll need an exchange.

While Exodus has an exchange (Shapeshift) it connects to automatically, it only allows you to trade between crypto assets (for very high fee's), it won't allow you to deposit dollars and exchange them for crypto.

I remember in the past you mentioned Coinbase being fucked, and  I agree their response to customers that need tech issues resolved (I've got my own ongoing minor issue with them). I'd suggest opening a Gemini, or Uphold exchange account so you can trade in and out of crypto/dollars. In California there are probably dozens of exchanges you can choose from, link to your bank account, and start buying/selling cryptos.

• Props 1

@Mercerthis is the screen I see

703B09BB-F311-4B59-831B-DE237578C92D.thumb.png.801e3815bc9e4af937ced612d6d34841.png

C1A978C1-3F57-44F2-A238-B753E99E08AE.thumb.png.b11fbe8d6a2f2cd3b858038b5d6043b2.png

I haven’t tried, putting my Apple Pay PW in yet to see what the next screen would be. So this would link the wallet to Shapeshift then that would be the bridge to my wallet? The higher fees make sense, didn’t think of that for some dumb reason  Was thinking they would want the fee from the conversion of the BTC to whichever the coin you wanted. Bet both are higher fee

yeah coinbase was a fucking nightmare. I was able to get my account back though, but it was almost a random stroke of luck. None of my emails to support were ever answered- I never got a single response. Funny thing is, I forget what I eventually had to do to get past the Auth. If I remember right, my old MacBook and safari combo was too outdated for what needed to be done and I had to do it on a work computer.. something like that. 

still having some issues with Binance though. Unable to withdraw my funds from Binance without Auth and the Authenticator was on a phone I no longer have, and there is no way to recover that Auth from everything I’ve tried.... so far. thankfully only about $70 on there right now. That’s another project for another time to figure out a way to withdraw. May never be able to. Thankfully I was able to get access to the account again though and I can shift that $70 around between different coins - so not all hope is lost yet since I still have some control over the assets

unfortunately, during my Binance hiatus they delisted two Coins I have - SALT and JUST. They are still showing in my wallet with a balance of about $20 between them, but since they are delisted there is no way to withdraw them, send them or convert them. Which is a shame. Just dead assets at this point unless they relist them in the future. Seems like that never really happens though.

so- gameplan moving fwd is as some point get a new laptop then pick up a Trezor wallet. Thing seems like over kill with its touchscreen and bulky size though, would much rather have something smaller than can be a better fit in an envelope or something like that. Exodus and eventually a paper wallet til then I suppose. 

Will check out Gemini and uphold. Never heard of those two. Thanks for sharing the info and answering my questions! 

On 8/3/2020 at 9:42 PM, Mercer said:

BTW

I'm very hyped right now to say the least, ETH is on a fucking tear.

Even though I still haven’t really played with the coin on a transactional front I have been buying shit up. Still only using Coinbase though. Got a good amount of eth which I keep grabbing and now I have a little ways in bitcoin

• Props 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 9:37 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Even though I still haven’t really played with the coin on a transactional front I have been buying shit up. Still only using Coinbase though. Got a good amount of eth which I keep grabbing and now I have a little ways in bitcoin

my portfolio:

image.png.f26aaa3ee4ad8af357f87ca8b6e77b65.png

• LOL! 1