Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JesusMachine

Cryptocurrency

Wrd, still got that order open? Cause it’s gonna happen before a big pump, same with Ltc, they both have resistance at 150 and 40 respectively, and support at 115 and 30....the last big group of previously inactive btc wallets have started trading alts the past few days, this is gonna incentivize coinbase to manufacture a p ‘n d......

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1516839470_ScreenShot2019-01-12at11_25_57PM.png.50c602e40bf3c4e7bea65c4c81fc875e.png

@whereStill open and it's within $10 of the current price, no idea if it's going to be filled next week or not but I'm in no rush.

We are already in 2019. The crypto market is uncertain. I’m getting tired of holding crypto, but I don’t see any alternative options. Cashing out now might become a big mistake. I bought some ethereum on cex (https://cex.io/eth-eur) in the connection with its conversion from PoW to PoS. However, instead of the pumped price, the developers postponed the switchover because of reentrancy vulnerabilities. In any case, the fact that ethereum is a potential cryptocurrency inspires hope. I really want eth’s changes to be successful because I have pretty many ethereum coins.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:31 PM, Mercer said:

1516839470_ScreenShot2019-01-12at11_25_57PM.png.50c602e40bf3c4e7bea65c4c81fc875e.png

@whereStill open and it's within $10 of the current price, no idea if it's going to be filled next week or not but I'm in no rush.

Got em!

Canceled that order and ended up getting a Bitcoin instead at 3502.99, down $80 so far.

Still about to scoop a good bit of ETH though.

Means reverse inflation/added value for the rest of us. 

1st rule of crypto, without your private keys, you don't actually own/control the crypto.

If you want to trust someone to hold your funds for you, might as well go fiat and open a bank account.

17 hours ago, Kults said:

Id be pisssssssed

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article225501940.html

Bitcoin investors may be out $190 million after the only guy with the password dies, firm says

Heard about this yesterday. Sounds like a cash grab from someone close to him. I don't by it (no pun intended), but yeah sucks to be one of the people that got jerked on this.

12 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Heard about this yesterday. Sounds like a cash grab from someone close to him. I don't by it (no pun intended), but yeah sucks to be one of the people that got jerked on this.

Oh FOR SURE.  When this is all said and done I can totally see a small circle getting exponentially wealthy and shafting everyone else who bought in.

This isn't the first time this has happened, and if i died right now my wife wouldn't know how to cash out.

Definitely need to go through and catch up on this thread. But this IG post did catch my eye so thought I’d drop it in here and hopefully compel @Mercerto fill us all in. 

Onbiously its a “can’t beat them, join them” thing but also wondering where this goes? I know Amex has jumped in a while back, but admittedly I’m not informed enough on the subject to speculate on what stuff like this affects the landscape short term or long term. 

@Mercerwould love to have your thoughts on this and what the implications / repercussions might be. 

1BC13DC6-7839-47A0-9673-741C113A3352.thumb.png.43536614928e9836544c627368fbf182.png

Kinda destroyed the prospects of XRP/Ripple building a network effect, and becoming an unbeatable incumbent in the bank to bank remittence market . He's been lightening up on his former public stance leading up to this,  and contradicting his 2017 statements. Even when he was bashing bitcoin hard, JP Morgan & co had already started trading crypto assets for some of their clients.

His bank has been fined billions of dollars multiple times under his watch for money laundering, and other criminal banking violations including 1.7B in a settlement related to the Madoff fiasco. Yet he still publicly states real crypto leaves to much potential opportunities for criminals. Ironically, it's the same criminals currently laundering their cash through JP Morgan he's referring to, at a profit rate that more than covers the billions in fines they pay. 

They move over 6 trillion around the globe daily between the wholesale institutions this new crypto that they'll be dropping in a couple of months is intended to improve. These large moves currently take up to a day to complete using international wire transfer and can be a major headache/risk to deal with.

I'm not following what Ripple is doing with this market already with XRP, because it's centrally controlled by Ripple, and your account can be seized by Ripple. I'm sure the same will be true of JP Morgans coin, no doubt it will have to comply with banking regulations requiring this, and be 100% mutable/seizable by governments. What they use isn't mathematical perfection and is therefore invalid in my eyes, subject to human error, and malicious state intent. 

I have closely followed how Bitcoin has become king of international remittence between smaller countries with liquidity problems due to it's instant/immutable nature. Transfers of large amounts of money, even if they take just a few minutes, can cost a lot of interest for the owner, and if done properly be a gain in interest for the broker. When you have trillions with a T tied up in wire transfers averaging 24 hours like JD's company, the loss of interest alone can equal another yacht. 1%APR  x 6T divided by 365days = 164 million 383 thousand 561.643835616438356 dollars, a day.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

They're switching from swift to this blockchain product, I totally might be wrong but I believe its just for their account holders, and doesnt affect xpr as much as you'd think.

Why? XRP is in the exact same market, and meeting the exact same specifications. At the very least JPM Chase won't be using their almost identical product moving forward.

BTW, Chase bank network went down ....

image.thumb.png.4d32c30c4a306edb8369dc5e19cdbedf.png

My biggest regret is sleeping on this shit.

A few years ago I remember seeing 1 bitcoin for $1200 and thought, who would be dumb enough to buy this.

The next year it was between 40-50,000$.

Can't help but feel I may be on a repeat course in the next few years....

• Like 2

On 2/18/2019 at 9:37 PM, Hayabusa said:

A few years ago I remember seeing 1 bitcoin for $1200 and thought, who would be dumb enough to buy this.

The next year it was between 40-50,000$.

Can't help but feel I may be on a repeat course in the next few years....

Long ago a friend told me that Ethereum would be the new Bitcoin in January 2016. Ethereum was $1 per coin at the time. I was young and greedy (still am) and had some money to burn. After spending 3 weeks reading about what blockchain is, what Bitcoin future is then what Ethereum is, I was convinced that I wanted to invest in it. Not because I understood it all, but because in those 3 weeks the price more than doubled to $2.20 and I did not want to miss out. Luckily, When I entered it doubled in another 4 days, so I took half my money out and kept the rest. When it doubled again I took out half again and this time left the rest for good. Now I, of course, regret doing that tremendously and this was one of my first major failures in crypto being too short-sighted. 

On 2/18/2019 at 11:37 AM, Hayabusa said:

I have a homie that bought 1 bitcoin back during the 1st halvening spike when it got up to $1200, then it crashed like a week later when Mt Gox got hacked down to $300 . He was pissed, but never withdrew his funds. The next halvening in 2016  biitcoin went up to $20k, so he sold half a bitcoin and bought some land with it.

It's not too late to get one, the next halvening is around 400 days away now.

https://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/

Yep, at that point if you bought in at 20k and it's dropped to 3.5k your only option is to hodl till you get your money back. 4 years from now 20k  will probably sound like a great price to buy into.

Yeah, Or maybe in this year, it depends on overall trading and peoples perception. I don't think anyone can hold this long even though it's a big amount.