who played D&D as a kid...or now (yes, i was THAT LOSER.)

Guest MR BOJANGLES

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
what i dont understand is how these people get so into this shit?

When I used to play, I/we never dressed up or anything but we were so engulfed that we'd play for hours on end sometimes 12 hours straight or more. Often real disputes and fights would break out between us as a result of the game. It gets intense...you form a strange bond with your character because you create it from the ground up.

I tried playing again a few years ago for shits and giggles and couldn't get through an hour of play without being an ass and finally giving up.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

I remember playing this cause video games where in there infancy, and this was the only RPG game out. I was just like Bojang, never got dressed up just played.

I remember going to the comic store down the street and seeing dooders playing in real mock up dungeons with little figures they made.

Nerd

haha, I played this in all it's forms. d&d, ad&d 1st edition + second edition. I still have all the books, and a few of the different "worlds" like Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, etc. Whoever said Dark Sun, that was the shit, that's around the time I stopped playing, but I read alot of the novels out of that series. I seriously thought about playing this shit again a few years ago, then I walked into a comic book store and looked at all the people involved in this shit and realized that I'm happy with my real life and don't need to create some alter ego to compensate for my lack of social skills. That, and I can get pussy. On the RPG tip, anyone play any other games? I was big into Shadow Run when it first came out, also the whole Mechwarrior/Battletech shit. FASA ftw. /yes nerd

• Like 1

• 15 years later...