The Where Are They Now, prelude to a 12oz Reunion Thread

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Kalispell....i knew I had heard that name before....googled it just to make sure and yup, same place I thought it was.

So, there are some white supremacists that are actually trying to start a movement to move many other white supremacists to the pacific northwest (Washington, Oregon...but also Montana and Idaho). They want to establish a "whites only" section of the country, and as for Montana, Kalispell is the place some of them have chosen to set up.....i remember reading about those 2 young girls in the white supremacist band called Prussian Blue (which i think someone on 12oz once posted about) moving out there with their mother who is big in the white supremacist movement.

but I also remember reading an article online somewhere that a majority of the residents that lived there were NOT in favor of white supremacists moving in....im not saying Kalispell isn't a good place to move to, but now the first thing that pops into my head when i hear "kalispell montana" is white supremacists..lol.

heres a link to prussian blue's wikipedia page (look under the history tab for the story of why they moved to kalispell):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Blue

It's close by but not the town I'm moving to. That said, part of my motivation for going is to get away from most people. Property we're looking it is 40 acres that borders tens of thousands more in protected lands.

That said, it's definitely among the most beautiful landscape be seen in the USA and at this point, I've pretty much hit every state except Alaska.

Kalispell was a cool lil town. i changed a headlight bulb there.

travelled through Montana going to Glacier National Park a few years back

i love the idea of being around less people. especially as the future approaches

40 acres. hell fuckin yea. maybe one day ....

having been to all the states, Idaho might've been the biggest surprise. it's gorgeous. Montana absolutely lives up to the name 'big sky country'

Surprised so many people know of the place, but guess it makes sense since those couple towns sit at the base of Glacier National Park. Definitely look forward to the beautiful vistas and lots of nature. Also, the people seem to be more genuine somehow. Perhaps the wrong word, but something about that area or perhaps rural areas in general seems to me to be that the people are more straight forward. Sort of remind me of watching old television shows from like the 1950s where things just seemed more simple or straight to the point. In any case, the idea of moving out to something like that has been nagging at me for years and the longer I take, the more it feels like the world is spinning out of control. No doubt shit can always get worse (and likely will), but this election cycle literally has me heading for the hills. Just going to go back to the stuff that matters and do my best to tune out the noise. Try and grow as much of my own food as I can get away with and surround myself with people that matter. No so much that I want to live like a hermit, jut want the ability to control somewhat the people I'm surrounding myself with. Limit it to friends and family and use the large property to carefully vet out anyone else.

• Like 1

You lost me at "not want to live like a hermit."

I can't wait til I'm financially able to do just that comfortably. I think I'm about 5 years out. Looking at Tennessee or surrounding. Prefer a longer growing season and a less harsh winter, and my dollars will go pretty fucking far there compared to Colorado.

I can't wait til I'm financially able to do just that comfortably. I think I'm about 5 years out. Looking at Tennessee or surrounding. Prefer a longer growing season and a less harsh winter, and my dollars will go pretty fucking far there compared to Colorado.

Ha!

Definitely heard good things about TN. So looks like things are going to drag out. The response to our offer wasn't good. That said, the seller is in really bad health and we've been told to be patient. Between that winter coming, it's possible they'll be more flexible in a few weeks. Guess shit can never be easy...

That dude is a savage... He got mauled by the same grizzly twice and still walked 3 miles to the car and drove himself to the hospital. He posted it in Facebook before getting into his car.

Here's his Facebook post:

sup dudes, old man beards checking in

saw that old screen shot on IG and figured I should probably swing through.. good to see some familiar handles.

plus, I haven't really painted in any meaningful way for years, but I've got a couple days to kill on a trip coming up and figured I might as well knock the dust off a couple cans... and where else was I supposed to turn to find a spot/guide?

raven.. bruh.. montana? I can't imagine leaving LA right now and heading face first into that winter.

• Like 2

Let me know when you do, I'll chuck a bike on a plane and come over for some trail riding.

we're also looking at a five or so year plan

but we plan to leave the US for awhile.

atm i am pretty torn about whether to buy some land out west

Wow, big move to leave the USA. I actually did a year in Berlin myself. Had an amazing time and appreciate the fact that we did it, but wasn't nearly as easy as I thought it would be. Oddly, it was the little things... TV, shopping for groceries, etc. The stuff I loved doing when visiting cause it was so different ended up being the thing that became frustrating when you really had to do it as a chore. Definitely worth trying though, IMHO.