The Where Are They Now, prelude to a 12oz Reunion Thread

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
T' date=' post: 8833655, member: 114114"']Damn someone sent out a bat signal.

Travelled , painted, took a break from it all to buy a Tesla. Moved to the suburbs of the east bay. Curating still, fell off blogging , living life, I can’t complain it’s all good in the hood.

Welcome back my dude. Glad to see you pop your head up. Hope you've been all good these last years!

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing wrong with that, mate. I love my workshop that I worked hard to own as well. Sitting in it right now, drinking beer, looking at my piece on the wall and thinking about my beer bubbling in the fermenter fridge. Shit rocks, nothing not to be proud about.

B3tzaZP.thumb.jpg.f4d43a008a531879a6726c7274e5458c.jpg

It's a bit of a mess at the moment, but fuck it. it's Saturday night.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
A PICTURE OF OUR KIDS FROM OUR AFTER DINNER WALK/HIKE THIS AFTERNOON... MIRIAM, LOKI (OUR DOG) AND I ARE TRAILING BEHIND.

[ATTACH=full]244102[/ATTACH]

Nice man! Seems like you might be a good person to jump into the Off Grid Living thread... http://forum.12ozprophet.com/threads/the-off-grid-living-thread-dropping-out-the-rat-race.148188/

• 1 month later...
Checking in. JesusMachine was my first name on here back nearly 15+ years ago. Then it was CLICK-CLACK but that account doesn't exist anymore.

Yo, I just added you to VIP. Also, hit me up... No idea why your account would be irrecoverable but if you contact me I'll investigate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally got a quiet desk job where I can slack of on the computer again.

Joined on here sometime back in 2000 with with an old email address that I think is dead.  I think it was the old evil email service that let you get some funny domain names.  mine was something to the effect of grim@helpmejebus.com.  Registered with my current name way back in 2001 (holy shit I'm getting old) 

At that time I used to live in a small town out in rural SW VA so I only met one other member IRL waaaay back on '02 or '03.  Spent a lot of time on here mostly lurking and checking out the TN & Va brick layers threads.    Spent a lot of time in those days being a broke drunk and going to punk rock shows around the TN/VA/NC area.  Last time I put anything on a wall or train was probably in 06.  Ended up joining the military in 08, got married and got out and worked as a broadcast engineer in Norfolk.  Now I got a laid back government job, and got a baby on the way in a couple of weeks.  Decided to check back in recently because I haven't checked in on the homo dungeon in quite awhile.

Lat year I took my wife for a tour of my old stomping grounds in what I was calling the "Ville" tour. Asheville, Nashville, Knoxville & Bristol(ville) which we ended with the Rhythm & Roots music festival.  Which as awesome since Deer Tick, Colter Wall & Dwight Yoakam played that year  What was also awesome was that I was able to find some of my old tags in Nashville and Knoxville that have made it well over a decade.  Saw that the TM guys were still up in a few places.   Also a few of my old pieces are still around in Bristol, though they, and I are starting to show our age.

Thinking back on over the years it is pretty wild to think about how 12oz shaped my life in some aspects.  There was a ton of good music I got turned onto from the old 12oz soulseek chatroom.  A bunch of artist that I discovered in the Art thread which led to a few prints ending up on my walls.  I saw the photo of someone who was crazy enough to get a "pee in the butt" tattoo.  Got a few 'zines books and  I know what a favella is.  

Edited by grim540
  • Like 3

Welcome back @grim540!

First thing, update the email address in your profile if you havent already done so. Though we can always step in and assist people that are locked out and trying to recover their old account. That said, its amazing to me to see so many older cats jumping back on and I'm humbled every time I hear about how significant your time was on here or how it helped shame some part of you are.

Hope you keep passing back through and definitely check the free sticker thread somewhere in Channel Zero. Also sending free patches to older members as well.

Enjoy and reach out if you need help with anything.

• Props 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Damn, 2016 and here we are in 2024. Pretty freakin nuts how time keeps on ticking… World is literally a different place. Granted, seems like most has happened (or maybe it’s just accelerating) in this last couple years. Covid almost feels like 9/11 to me looking back in that it ended up being a sort of bookmark in history… The time before and the time after. 

Anyhow, I’m on team sleep problems for the night and reminiscing and figured I’d bump this and see if we might be able to rally up and reach out to all the OG’s. Instagram has fallen far since 2016 and it’s going to get harder to find people. That and maybe since that place sucks, it’ll be that much easier to get people back on and LOLing again. 

You guys up for round two of a reunion?

• Like 2

@tutleone/turtz dipped out on social media a while ago in 2019 on some getting cancelled by social justice warriors irl and online so he nuked all of it save for his SoundCloud.

We where friends on Instagram and Facebook, but never got a chance to meet when it was in New York the second time .

Hope dude is doin good along with his bajillion member strong family.

• Like 2