RAP BEEF NUGGA!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@harold

current UK playlist for me includes

Verb T

Leaf Dog

Buggsy

Dabbla

Dirty Dike

Four Owls

(pretty much all Cambridge/Bristol/London stuff)

I've also been rinsing a guy from Newcastle, Mr Blazey, does gorgeous electronica hiphop. Newcastle rappers have got an amazing flow - Drop Dead Fred and Squidlims in particular.

There's a ton more but these guys are on repeat.

I've also been relistening to a lot of Buck65, Square remains an amazing album to me, and reminds of when TDB was mad young ha.

"HIP HOP'S NOT DEAD, IT'S JUST IN A COMA"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems like rap has been over-saturated lately. Everyone is a rapper. Part of that of course is due to social media making it easier for everyone to get exposure. A lot of mainstream rappers who "made it" were originally YouTube/MySpace rappers; Nicki Minaj, Soulja Boy, and those Odd Future cats for instance.

You don't even need a major label these days to build a fanbase. Just get some studio time and hire a film student with a Canon 5D to do your video and upload it, and you'll have hundreds of thousands to millions of views.

That's why it's hard for rappers to stay relevant beyond one-hit-wonder status since the market seems so saturated right now.

I read that as "nigga hasn't raped in the last 5 years."

I mean I'd rather listen to Rae and Ghost or D-Block or something, but I'll definitely give the time of day to Action, some TDE stuff, some A$AP stuff...R.A. and Paz...but those two are not really "relevant" to anyone except people who already listen to them. h1p

Meek Mill rap like he selling hot dogs at a baseball game.