Sudamerica photothread: my first trip to BA, MVD and Brazil

!@#$%

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've had mate before and i dunno. it's ok. didn't see it much down there except for that stuff in a plastic container. those cups of water are funny as shit. i shoulda flicked one.

*i just found out russian visas are good for a maximum of one month. yay. that's going to be an adventure. dunno when yet though.

india and vietnam?! you need to just get on that. not much traffic in these parts.

and fuck yea. the bird park was awesome but i always feel pain for the captive animals in those things.

dope thread so far!

also went to some argentinian restaurant called "sigue la vaca" (follow the cow)...all you can eat meat ftw! /no homo

Siga la vaca was fukn dope, the one by the river? Yeah those all you can eat BBQ joints were the fukn bomb, like 99% meat and then a piss tiny lil salad bar :) Also mate tea is fukn dope. I still drink it but getting it imported to Oz is pricey.

Can we see some more BA metro shots pls? or can you post them in the passenger trains thread?

I know this ain't my thread but if people want lemme know. I got quite a few train flicks when I was there, trains can run for a few years over there, they just buff the windows. Some lines were crazy like old NY or some parts of Europe now where ya just sit and every train had a panel or 2 on em. I went to certain lines and just sat there until I'd seen every train. Good times

the juxtapositions in huge cities can be purty awesome

IMG_7563.jpg

IMG_7598.jpg

tiny car in a store

when the security guard saw me taking a picture, he came rushing outside to invite me in. he wouldn't let me refuse

IMG_7620.jpg

would you like some meat with that meat?

IMG_7610.jpg

..and finally, onto Rio.

the security guy stopped me after i'd taken this photo, the last of like 5..

he was damn nice about it though.

IMG_7814.jpg

two views from Sugarloaf/Azucar

IMG_7846.jpg

the redeemer statued is in the clouds

IMG_7859.jpg

and two from corcovado, which i thought was more stunning

IMG_7955.jpg

(sugarloaf in the distance)

IMG_7966.jpg

oh you redeemer you.

having a wide angle is so awesome. everyone was laying on the ground trying to get it all in. my man and i are playing like we're patting jesus on the head without even bending down.

IMG_7961.jpg

yet another corcovado view

IMG_7971.jpg

gaaah the beaches

IMG_7923.jpg

probably should have brought a tiny tripod.

IMG_7910.jpg

looking back, Rio is the picturesque, beautiful city. even though the Favelas sneak up on you.

IMG_7999.jpg

by i liked being in Sampa more.

i'd love to go back, Recife, Florianopolis.. lotsa cities still to see. then there's Carnival.

nah. i didn't even try. in my old age i am becoming even more anti social.

i didn't even meet up with a friend.

my man went out with some peeps though, had a damn good time. those south americans, they are good folks.

thanks very much!

i have hundreds of photos... so i try to be selective, plus you know, the uploading takes effort.

so you are preferring the view from sugarloaf up there^

taking that cable car was good fun..

CIL my town is great for gettin drunkz. too great. i stopped drinking.

only smokingz. but hey, still fun.

i've met some good peeps on here, only a few exceptions. haven't done that in years though.

• 2 weeks later...

fuck yeah! i love to inspire people to travel.

often it can be done for much less than people think, too.

if you have a friend's house to stay in, it's even easier.

i did not have that in south america, but in many places in europe it enabled me to have a decent vacation for about $750, flight included...

one of the best parts of traveling for me, is really getting to know yourself, how much it opens your mind not only to new things but stuff you never even thought of.

• 4 months later...

nice flicks, im argentinian, living in ba after 15 years in dc, graf exploted in the last 5 years, the subway unions are fighting the goverment so in a way they "allow" or dont clean up the graffiti to prove the point that more funding is needed. but if you get caught you are prob catching a beating and some bs charges. the good thing about most of these south american countries is that you can buy the cops off. anyway, great sets of flicks, if anybody is coming down let me know and i can give you some advice.