***2012 MLB AMERICAS PAST TIME THREAD***

IHATEU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wakefield retires. 18 long seasons in the bigs. That's an eternity in MLB.

Last night I was working at the bar, about 30 yards from the front of Wrigley, and the streets were being

towed for a commercial being shot in front of the stadium. Film trucks all over and the stadium lights

were on. So I'm outside the bar with 4 random guys who were smoking when a beat cop walks up and I

ask her what they're filming. Cop says, "Sony is filming a commercial for Playstation."

I say, "In front of the stadium?"

Cop-"They're filming a scene IN CASE THE CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES."

All four of us standing there, who'd never met or spoken, all died laughing.

Billy goat all over again.

SO HERE IS THE COMMERCIAL: http://http://NOW.MSN.COM/NOW-PLUS/0307-CUBS-WIN-COMMERCIAL.ASPX

people are really talking about this back page RedSox story? it would be like me coming on here talking about how Babe Ruth beat on women and was an alcoholic just to take a stab at the Yankees. this guy was not even a player. fuck that dude and what he did in the 90s...

Twins sign an extension for Glen Perkins through 2015 for $10.3MM with an option for 2016 for $4.5MM. I'm quite happy about this move. After struggling as a starter for a few years, then struggling as a reliever and having injuries, dude seriously pulled it together last year. Added 4 or 5 mph on to his fastball and was pretty dominant at times. Here's to hoping he can continue to improve and stay healthy like last year.

Moving back to Minneapolis in less than a month. So fucking psyched. Just bought tickets for two games for the week that I get back, vs Angels and Rangers. Pavano vs whoever gets opening day nod for the Angels, and Baker vs unknown for the Rangers. Hopefully Yu Darvish, because I want to see that dude in action /nh. It will be my first time getting to see Target Field. Fuck yes.

That's absurd in the sense that some people in TO refuse to believe they have a pretty good product out there. I know that Joey has a cult following and all that good stuff, but there are a lot of other good players, existing and up-and-coming, on the team - Romero, Lind, Arencibia, Lawrie. A lot of people drinking the Lawrie Kool-Aid, and Arencibia was a huge surprise to see last year. He was like the second coming of Marco Scutaro in 2009 (I think...) when he was on that huge offensive tear, but JP was more consistent.

Fun team to watch. Looking forward to seeing how many homers they hit at Target Field this season.

I reason that a lot of people have an inferiority complex.

This lineup looks really strong. I'm begging the gods to not allow Lawrie to have a sophomore slump.

A lot of optimism regarding the Blue Jays this year by baseball media, and average joe fans. Though it's always there, it's a little less cautious.