***2012 MLB AMERICAS PAST TIME THREAD***

IHATEU

Wakefield retires. 18 long seasons in the bigs. That's an eternity in MLB.

Last night I was working at the bar, about 30 yards from the front of Wrigley, and the streets were being

towed for a commercial being shot in front of the stadium. Film trucks all over and the stadium lights

were on. So I'm outside the bar with 4 random guys who were smoking when a beat cop walks up and I

ask her what they're filming. Cop says, "Sony is filming a commercial for Playstation."

I say, "In front of the stadium?"

Cop-"They're filming a scene IN CASE THE CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES."

All four of us standing there, who'd never met or spoken, all died laughing.

Billy goat all over again.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they had some special thing about his return and road to getting in shape. it was all heart felt and all that bs. give me a break, that guy is a monkey. i hope his ass stays in the minors at best... plus, i cant even imagine how off his timing is.

They showed the same special last year when he signed with tampa bay

personally, i've just never respected his game, he doesn't even have the work ethic of bobby abreu and david bell combined in the field, and at the plate he was all roids, he was over-spoken his entire career in and out of relevance, a classic example of roids, and i cant stand looking at his hair.

sorry papi, sia-nara...

and no one will miss you when your gone...

to most u already are.

plus he was a sawk<--

Yeah I cant believe people are making so much noise about Manny, dudes suspended like the first 50 games anyway.

In other worthless beisbol news, theyre saying Adam Duunce is on the ''to-watch'' list this year. All I plan on watching is him set another record for SO's and sit his ass on the bench.

Apparently Oswalt might wait to sign midseason. To me, that says he doesn't give a shit about rebuilding value, since he's not going to dispel injury concerns without a full season of play in my opinion. Thankfully spring training will be fully underway soon, so we can have something worthwhile to read and talk about.

"Braun didn't argue evidence of tampering and didn't dispute the science, but argued protocol had not been followed. A second source confirmed to ESPN investigative reporters Mark Fainaru-Wada and T.J. Quinn that Braun questioned the chain of custody and collection procedure.

According to one of the sources, the collector, after getting Braun's sample, was supposed to take the sample to FedEx Office for shipping but thought it was closed because it was late on a Saturday. As has occurred in some other instances, the collector took the sample home and kept it in a cool place and possibly refrigerated it. Policy states that the sample is supposed to get to FedEx as soon as possible.

Braun's initial T/E ratio was more than 20:1. Sources previously confirmed synthetic testosterone in his system. A source says MLB is livid and is considering options and other comment."

got off on a technicality not even really related to the results of the tests.......wow

Yea Braun getting out of a suspension is total bullshit. He tested positive...I lost all respect for him and I agree with Ralph. If he were black or hispanic (i.e. Manny, J.C. Romero) he would've been thrown under the bus and he wouldn't have gotten away with it. Romero actually fucking proved that he didn't knowingly take P.E.D's by suing the company that made the product he was taking for adding a banned MLB substance and not labeling it. Yet he still served a 50 game suspension and his career hasn't been the same since. He will never be MVP in my eyes and I hope a lot of fans turn their back on him. I'm UMAD

• Like 1

and he never denied shit, just stated BS on the technicality. such a bummer. baseball is livid though, you will see shit go down with this. its far from over. hell the feds waited 10yrs to get at Bonds...

im just glad something overtook the whole Jeremy Lin craze...

• Like 1

Yeah I cant believe people are making so much noise about Manny, dudes suspended like the first 50 games anyway.

dude has not had a complete season for awhile now.

so lame the A's plan to move to SJ.

We are getting close boys....Fat Ralphy checking in....

(SUBSCRIBED)

As far as Braun goes, I couldn't believe the MLB is sending urine samples around via FedEx. It screams, "uhhhh I wasnt guilty must have been tampered with."

Its the fucking MLB for christ sake, they could afford private couriers.

Late edit: "great deal" may have been an overstatement, but I think Yadi had the potential to end up drawing a lot more on the FA market if he put up similar numbers as he did in 2011. Smart move is probably the phrase I was looking for.

Also, fucking lulz at AJ fracturing his face while practicing bunting.