***2012 MLB AMERICAS PAST TIME THREAD***

IHATEU

To be honest, I think Ferris is more of a stat guy than me. I'm quick to look things up, but rarely get into any of the sabermetric stuff and generally can't remember anything off the top of my head.

I wish i had some actual baseball news to post, but this is that terrible part of the offseason where activity grinds to a crawl and everyone wishes spring training would start already.

Edit: I lied. I have this about Alexi Casilla in the Dominican Winter League because it made me laugh. Lets hope he can carry a little bit of that over to this season.

"Casilla hit .336 with an .831 OPS during 31 regular-season games for Gigantes del Cibao, before hitting .397 with a .946 OPS in 17 playoff games.

"I'm tired of getting hits, bro," Casilla joked. "Oh my God. I was getting on base too much.""

Casilla is a funny fucker. He and Carlos Gomez were two peas in a pod - I recall watching the 2009 home opener (loss to Seattle) on TV with my ex, and they both came out of the dugout yelling at the camera in Spanish - Gogo clapped his hands and pointed at the camera and shouted "I'M HERE".

But on a related note, Casilla always does well offensively in the winter leagues, but regresses when he's back with the major league club. Liriano was pitching down there in DR, too. Aside from his first start, I haven't checked the stats.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you should quit if they make it back and lose again.

They should have won 2011, and I have full confidence in saying that Nelson Cruz blew it for them in the 9th in Game 6 on that David Freese triple. I'm not a huge Texas fan, but every time I think about that play, I get sick and think nobody should have to see somebody play outfield like that in a game where the fucking stakes are as high as they can get.

I was just talking to one of my coworkers about that play earlier this week. Embarrassing as fuck. Half assed run towards the wall and then slowing down right on the edge of the track and letting it drop. So bad.

Also, Liriano got lit the fuck up in winter ball. I'm having trouble finding his actual stats, but I know they were real bad.

so the nationals have made it mandatory that the credit cards be locally registered in order to get nats phils match-up, in an announced attempt to reclaim their park and keep unwanted phills fans out...

Baltimore should try that move too... even Anaheim (before the coming season anyhow) was Fenway west when the sox came into town...

The only times Blue Jay games sell out are if the Red Sox or Yankees visit. That's cool and all but it's sad that half of those visiting team fans are from this city. Stupid and sad.

The most extreme I've seen it get is when the Leafs play the Senators in Ottawa. It's a sea of blue in the crowd, and save for the buzzer going off when the Sens score, you'd swear they were playing in Toronto.

The only times Blue Jay games sell out are if the Red Sox or Yankees visit. That's cool and all but it's sad that half of those visiting team fans are from this city. Stupid and sad.

That's absurd in the sense that some people in TO refuse to believe they have a pretty good product out there. I know that Joey has a cult following and all that good stuff, but there are a lot of other good players, existing and up-and-coming, on the team - Romero, Lind, Arencibia, Lawrie. A lot of people drinking the Lawrie Kool-Aid, and Arencibia was a huge surprise to see last year. He was like the second coming of Marco Scutaro in 2009 (I think...) when he was on that huge offensive tear, but JP was more consistent.

Fun team to watch. Looking forward to seeing how many homers they hit at Target Field this season.

youk engaged to tom brady's sister...hahaha okayy

and thats "news" for the Sox off season... no wait Jetblue unveiled a Redsox themed plane!!!

perhaps if ownership didnt spend money on the Liverpool soccer team at the expense of the Redsox shit might have happened...

^ never EVER that. i can go to any game and have a great time because im a fan of the game but i live by a creed that i wont wear a cap unless it has to do with my life. in all honestly i cant even bring myself to wear a Boston B cap because im not from there and i dont rep that city. i wear the AAA P(Pawtucket) hat to show my support...

ridiculous i know but its been a peeve of mine for as long as i can remember...

i like to rock my hats man no matter what man

i got my twins hat because i a fan ya no? i rock that thang all the time blad and i liv here too so i got to rep and sho my suport for them

i grew up in FLA so i got the marlins fitted man i wear that sometimes as an accessory i ogt the bmore oriole's cartoon bird fitted joint too i just rock em you know cuz i like the hat

niggas tryin to ask me if i'm a marlins or an orioles fan they crazy they all suk

ihateu, gotcha.

ferris, u r in violation with the twins/marlins... regardless of excuse.

-i agree with ihateu. 1 cap 1 team based on birth.

- if u were born n grew up in minnesota then the twins, dont care if u inherited the marlins from a distant gradpop and then drafted yourself. VIOLATION. and your honor will b in question from this point forward until video is posted of u burning a marlins fitted,