Getting over on hospitals

jkob

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have filled lots of scripts without ID. It bugs me that folks are using the term "fake name", this sort of crime is fraud and you use "another persons identity". Not like you can roll up and be all "Hi, my name is John Public, I was born on 1/1/80 and I live at 123 abc ave north anywhere usa".

• Like 1

I do not buy it, even by your own example you were unable to complete the deal by procuring the pharmaceuticals needed to fix what ailed ya. There is a chain of liability involved here and while the medical provider may not need to confirm identity by checking ID they do so in other ways by checking address, birthdate, etc.

I am assuming of course that we are talking about the same thing which is getting expensive medical procedures in a illicit manner by using the insurance of another. I highly doubt that you can roll off with thousands of dollars of service by saying your name is Loyd Swinger.

I have been wrong before so I suppose that could be the case now but as I said I highly doubt it.

"benzodiazepine withdrawal is the worst."

i doubt that...

I'm willing to go out on a limb and call people that withdraw from heroin pussies. "Ohhhhh I'm going through hot cold sweats, I have a fever, I'm sweating and can't sleep."

Boo hoo you fucking pussies. It feels like someone is driving a blunt object through my heart and twisting and jerking it around. How's that for a withdrawal? I would give my left nut to be going through "cold sweats and fever" instead of this torture.

You for got the part about violently vomiting all night long and the shakes to where its so bad you can hardly take a sip out of a glass.

It feels like someone is driving a blunt object through my heart and twisting and jerking it around. How's that for a withdrawal?

It sounds shitty and all but I will say what I've experienced and witnessed sometimes that wouldn't be so bad in some situations.

I do not buy it, even by your own example you were unable to complete the deal by procuring the pharmaceuticals needed to fix what ailed ya. There is a chain of liability involved here and while the medical provider may not need to confirm identity by checking ID they do so in other ways by checking address, birthdate, etc.

I am assuming of course that we are talking about the same thing which is getting expensive medical procedures in a illicit manner by using the insurance of another. I highly doubt that you can roll off with thousands of dollars of service by saying your name is Loyd Swinger.

I have been wrong before so I suppose that could be the case now but as I said I highly doubt it.

You're definitely wrong... Because i've done it. The main key you might be missing here is that the emergency room HAS to treat you. No matter if you have id or not. It's the law buddy... I said nothing about someone elses insurance. In fact i specifically said i just gave a bullshit name and no SS#

And i got my RX filled in the hospital with a note from the doctor saying i didn't have ID. But it wouldn't work for refills at Rite Aid or CVS or what have you. I suppose i could of gone back to the ER with the same story but by then i was better. I can post proof since i still have all my medical papers with my fake name and Rx filled if it makes you feel better.

But yes you are definitely wrong.

As far as how much they spent. Between 5 or 6 so xrays. And having to get my hand set by an orthopedic surgeon, and the morphine and whatever other shots they gave me. Im guessing it was easy in the "thousands of dollars" range...

So I've had some nerve pain the past couple years that has gotten progressively worse in the past couple months. Heart pains, dizziness, shortness of breath, Yada Yada. When I Goto free clinics I get an EKG, the runaround, and they kick me out and tell me I'm fine.

Like a week ago I went through these exact same feelings, I ran upstairs to tell someone because I felt as if I was going to pass out, and there might be something signficantly wrong with me physically as I have not felt all of this together before. Sure enough I did pass out but luckily I got to someone right before I hit the ground.

Anyway, ambulance is called, I go to the hospital (I have health insurance btw) EKG, XRAY's IV blah blah blah, they tell me I'm healthy as well, and that I also have a large set of lungs (GREAT!).

Anyway, they said that some how my Vagus nerve was stimulated, which lead to those feelings, and eventually me passing out.

Supposed to get blood work done, haven't gotten to it yet.

Not sure what this has to do with you, but I decided to share.

Okay, it looks like I was wrong when it comes to emergency room care. I maintain however that for other care randomly making up names would be a dicey proposition.

On the subject of withdrawals, they suck. Comparing any one to another is pointless. If a person has reached the point where they have physical withdrawals from narcotics they have some difficult work ahead of them and I see no reason to put them down because of perception of difficulty.

aaah 5 years ago my broke ass landed in the hospital and the stay cost

around 15 grand. Bad car accident and i was uninsured. So i did some research

and discovered a county program that paid all but like $150 dollars and completely covered

the ambulance.

That said im not sure i would go on the internet to talk about how i just got over on

hospitals for several grand by using a fake name and social security number. Then again

my tinfoil hat stays shiny. You got over... thats good but leave it at that.

If you get a bill for 20K from the hospital you as a single payer have very little negotiation room to barter down what you actually pay back.

Insurance companies can barter them down to like 75% because they represent millions of people and develop buddy buddy systems with hospitals.

Medicare/medicaid can barter it down to like 60% because they represent millions and millions and millions of people who are more often than not incapable of paying it back. They really don't have to barter they just role in hard body and say take it or leave it.

I'm all for public health care, this whole system is fucked. Reform should include preventitive measures investing in gym class and health classes that actually explain to kids how the human body works, for instance feeding it fucking taco bell and mcdonalds for 40 years will lead to a miserable and expensive last 20 years. Cut the bills down before they start.

To the guy that said he is a tax payer and is probably paying for my visit. I'm a tax payer too. If the government pinches pennies from my pocket for this, I'm extremely grateful. Rather that than have to pay 5 grand.

The official count on withdrawal is 12 days now I'm pretty sure. I feel better but the more I stimulate my nervous system, the more it hurts. Been keeping all the lights off in my house. Trying not to stare directly into the tv too much.

As for getting medication with a false name, I was lucky enough to get free right down the hall at a pharmacy. I had a plan before I went in that hospital and memorized a fake SSN. I do know that my doctor specifically said that clonopin withdrawals are DEADLIER than heroin withdrawals. Have never gone through h withdrawals so I don't know first hand. But since I live in SF, I have been around plenty of people that have gone through them. I have slept in the same room with someone who was withdrawing and he was shaking and rattling the whole damn floor and kept running to the bathroom to throw up. Annoying as hell.

I stopped reading after a bit, but from what I did read I'll say this. Benzos= no bueno, period. On top of the fact that they are addictive and have horrible withdrawal symptoms, they really do nothing to 'cure' anxiety, and it is not uncommon for users to experience a rebound anxiety after stopping them that feels worse than the original anxiety.

I think psychiatrists are necessary, but many of them suck and have no clinical/talk therapy skills. Seeing someone for 15 minutes (at best) every few months to refill prescriptions does little to help people.

Oh, and I can't be in bright light or watch tv(fuck that) or be on a computer(fuck that)[/size]. Supposedly all these things stimulate your nervous system through the roof. Just sleep and darkness for at least two weeks. And a lot of exercise.

for the sake of your health Get the fuck out of here

after being stabbed and hospitalized last summer i'm not even sure if i ever got a bill.

someone told me i qualified for some free bed program and well, thats about it.

shit. i don't even think i've thought about that shit once since last summer. the bill part.

come to think of it. i should probably look into all of that. . .