Getting over on hospitals

jkob

So I've had some nerve pain the past couple years that has gotten progressively worse in the past couple months. Heart pains, dizziness, shortness of breath, Yada Yada. When I Goto free clinics I get an EKG, the runaround, and they kick me out and tell me I'm fine.

So yesterday I went to a nice hospital and signed in with a fake name and social security number. Got seen by a doctor who actually seemed to give a shit.

After getting x-rays, blood tests, EKG, a legit diagnosis and 2 different medications I feel 100 percent better. Not to mention a sedative they gave me that knocked me out for 5 hours while I waited for the test results.

Free health care on a dick move that would have cost me about 4,000 dollars out of pocket????? I think so.

Anyone ever done this? They didn't even care to ask for an address or my phone number. Nothing. Wow.

Oh and Hella Love it, I get it. You hope I die from this and blah blah.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I owe the hospital about 7 grand from previous visits by giving them a real name and such. This time I wasn't trying to add to the bill. I went to a much nicer place out of the city and had it all planned out.

The diag osis wasn't for any particular disease. I have been taking numerous forms of benzos since I was 16(24 now) and havent been able to get them for about two years because my parents cancelled my insurance. Long story short, been getting them off the street and through drug dealers but haven't been abusing them, just taking what I need to feel right. Little did I know that benzo withdrawals are deadlier than heroin and other such drugs. I stopped cold turkey 10 days ago and yesterday my heart hurt so bad I thought I was a goner. Doctor said the I have done significant nerve damage and it will take weeks or months to recover. The medicine he gave me makes me feel a lot better in the mean time.

To all frequent benzo users(clonopin, Xanax, valuum, ativan) I highly suggest getting off those drugs. Man up and quit being a little bitch. Anxiety is all in your head. The withdrawals aren't worth it and it damn near ruined my life.

As for the free hospital visit, it really saved me. It's always worth a try.

I had no idea Benzo withdrawals were that serious. That said, taking them for 8 years straight is a long time. Then quitting cold turkey? Not good. I took Benzos at one point, but this was only for about a week and that was it.

I'm surprised no doctor told you that benzos aren't meant as a long-term drug. It's more of an "emergency pill" when you're freaking out, panicking, etc. Doctors will usually prescribe you some kind of drug meant for long-term use.

My doctor had me on them for 2 years actually, then I started moving around the country and getting them prescribed everywhere I went. It's really my fault I got this addicted to having them in my system. On some real ignorant type shit. That, I can admit.

• Like 1

Well, when the doctor says take these twice daily you tend to not ask questions. But I am very pissed that I was kept on this shit for so god damn long without warning of suffering such horrific withdrawals.

man, really? you got to do research on what it is you're putting in your body on a daily basis, fuck taking the word of some doctor that more than likely doesnt know/care how bad benzos really are in the long term...

benzodiazepine withdrawal is the worst. :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled:

"benzodiazepine withdrawal is the worst." shiiiiiit you ain't even lying though.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and call people that withdraw from heroin pussies. "Ohhhhh I'm going through hot cold sweats, I have a fever, I'm sweating and can't sleep."

Boo hoo you fucking pussies. It feels like someone is driving a blunt object through my heart and twisting and jerking it around. How's that for a withdrawal? I would give my left nut to be going through "cold sweats and fever" instead of this torture.

good luck with all that

i'm surprised it worked but if they consolidate your health history in the future you may have fucked yourself by leaving that out of your history.

for all of you that owe docs, good luck on that too, a good friend of mine got sued and got his wages garnished after putting off a hospital bill for years. around 20g.

funny to me, how everyone wanted to defend health insurance companies when the US tried to reform health care. they are like, the biggest criminals ever.

I had no idea Benzo withdrawals were that serious. That said, taking them for 8 years straight is a long time. Then quitting cold turkey? Not good. I took Benzos at one point, but this was only for about a week and that was it.

I'm surprised no doctor told you that benzos aren't meant as a long-term drug. It's more of an "emergency pill" when you're freaking out, panicking, etc. Doctors will usually prescribe you some kind of drug meant for long-term use.

THIS

benzos like ativan and xanax,both of which i take,are only supposed to be used when your panicking and cant come down.and they arent really supposed to be taken for more than like six months.ive gotten to a point that i take as needed and i havent had to up the dosage in a long long time.i still taking like a milligram of ativan.and sell all the xanax for some extra spendin money.not alot extra,because pills are quite cheap and i can only get 30 at a time.anyways yea,its stupid to quite cold turkey.you have to ween yourself off or face possible seizures,hallucinations,or in your case heart problems.

im still not sure how people get high off these things.after about 2 weeks you really dont feel any grand effect.

i know people snort them and shit.but idk.maybe they drink with them or something.i dont know because the fools i fuck with dont pop pills too much.all i know is they are great for getting your anxiety down and have kept me from going completely insane and stabbing someone on a few occasions.

The bills I got as a teen I ignored long enough and they went away, about 10 years. Not really an option now as I am all grown up but once again have no health insurance. I pay cash or roll to the free clinic in Seattle ( http://www.cdchc.org/ ) which I have had mixed results with.

If you get popped using someone elses social I am sure you will have problems that will follow you in ways that are comparable to multi-k debt that you can not afford to pay. In this post 9-11 world I am guessing you would get your nuts nailed to a dresser.

My gf had a allergic reaction and had to go to the emergency room last year. The bill afterword was around 7k. She wrote a letter of hardship to the hospital and since they are a "non profit tax free entity" they waved the bill. They also waved another 8 hundred or so she owed a hospital provider for some titty health bills.