Short Stories you read in High School

vanfullofretards

Anyone remember the name of that short story about the kid that was born at sea and spent most of his life at sea all the while this shark patiently followed him his whole life? Then the man lived on ground for some years but whenever he went to the ocean he'd always see the shark waiting for him? I dont remember how it ended...

How about that human sacrifice story The Lottery? EVERYONE has read that

the_lottery.jpg

Thinking about these stories almost makes me want to get a HS english text book.

it's funny because all i remember thinking when i was in english class is how much I didn't like it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've been meaning to look for Welcome to the Monkey House.

Anything by Vonnegut is guaranteed awesome.

The Lottery was kinda gay. I don't even understand why the fuck they made us read that nonsense. The same thing with The Most Dangerous Game, although that was actually pretty bad ass.

Even in the best English classes the kids around would read like they've never seen a book.

Dude you're 16 how did you make it this far reading like the kid from Billy Madison??

Group reading was wack.

I

FUCKING

HATED

"THE LOTTERY"

the worst short story ever written.

i had to read it three times in three different grades not counting when it was used in county assessments. the fucking worst trite country ass bullshit story ever written. not deep or meaningful at all. useless. i am fucking mad as shit that that story got brought out of the dark inaccessible corner in my mind that i had tried to tuck it into.

i dare someone to defend that story. i really do. try and tell me its well written and meaningful and not the swollen abcess of the literature world.

Anyone remember the name of that short story about the kid that was born at sea and spent most of his life at sea all the while this shark patiently followed him his whole life? Then the man lived on ground for some years but whenever he went to the ocean he'd always see the shark waiting for him? I dont remember how it ended...

It was called The Colomber. If anyone cares. I just went to my old transitional school and talked with a couple of my old teachers who are really cool dudes. They let me grab an old english text book that has a bunch of short stories in it.

cool story br0