US military warns oil output may dip causing massive shortages by 2015

WorldBench

we got alaska to keep the russians from marching across the iberian peninsula, not for the oil, which is significant but not all that amazing

How does owning Alaska stop the Russians from marching across Spain and Portugal and why would they want to?? ;)

"Peak Oil", seriously some of you people have NFI how to research. REad a news paper article, look up websites that promote agendas.

Answer these questions before you talk about "peak oil" any more; How much oil did the world once hold, how much does it hold now, how much is accessible with current tech, how much new energy will be released from old wells as fracing tech spreads, how much of the seabed has been mapped and explored, how much of the arabian peninsula has been explored, at what point of returns per barrel does KSA stop extraction and cap the well, how much oil is under the melting polar ice caps ....., etc. etc.

If you can't answer these questions you have no fucking idea about the subject.

So many opinions, such little knowledge.

PS. don't mean to sound like a wanker but shit guys. Hearing you guys talk about this is like listening to me talk about hockey, mechanics, the fashion industry, accounting and investment banking. For if I were to talk about any of these subjects you'd straight up laugh at me for it would obviously be verbal turd.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sorry for being a total idiot i though i did know a little about there being a point where oil will peak, but i feel much better now you have corrected every thing i've ever watched and read over the last 25 years.

So what are we talking of like a ball park figure 2000 or more years at the current rate of consumption???

Sorry for being a total idiot i though i did know a little about there being a point where oil will peak, but i feel much better now you have corrected every thing i've ever watched and read over the last 25 years.

So what are we talking of like a ball park figure 2000 or more years at the current rate of consumption???

That's ok.

And being that you are a total idiot and have missed the obvious, I'll help you out again.

Nobody knows how much oil there is, technology changes and what we thought was unreachable, or not even oil today becomes newly accessible deposits tomorrow.

In all seriousness, research two issues: fracing (as in fracturing) and the way KSA will shit down a well when cost of extraction per barrel goes above ~$8 (current prices are around $80 and the rest of the world will go up to 5 times that cost but oil is so plentiful and easily accessible in KSA that it's easier for them to just move to the next area and start again).

Those two points alone will give you an idea of what we're talking about. Then look to see how much of the middle east/Arabian peninsula has even been explored for oil.....

anyone change their opinion on 911 yet?

I just recently noted the statistic of the amount of FBI agents that were removed from domestic white collar crime and diverted to worldwide terrorism post 911.

Nice benefit for those who came up on stacks in the past 8-10 years, well that and the tax cuts on the same elite groups. Then they "bust the bubble" on Wall St and come up on even more, buying up properties for pennies on the dollar.

911 was about making money ... not jacking oil from the Arab world. However the "OIL" cry from the tinfoil hat crowd made for a good diversion while they continued to build their stacks.

Not according to Matt http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

This guy is a dipshit, imho.

When I read into it a few years back now .... it seemed to me that it was the ratio of what it costs to extract it compared to the amount you are extracting.

On the bell curve ... where it was initially you had to put up a greater investment to extract.

Then as new supplies were found and better extraction methods were devised the ratio improved greatly.

Now we are getting to a point where we need to go to greater lengths to extract it and still yielding smaller fields. The cost to profit ratio then starts falling back closer to the beginning.

The analogy I read that stuck with me was:

Its like eating yogurt ...

First you have to get into the container ... now in you can shovel out huge spoonfuls...

but as you near the bottom you have to more carefully and tediously get into the corners and you end up with smaller spoonfuls that took a lot more effort to get to.

I just think people are lazy, I don't drive I have no intention of driving, if people stopped using cars for short or medium journeys, there is nothing wrong with walking a couple of miles to get to work, or do shopping but people are lazy and reliant on transport

I dont see how people would have an issue walking for 45minutes or an hour to get to work, I have done it for years.

They should start putting large taxes on petrol in the US, they do that here and it does deter people from making those little journeys in their cars, and at least it is a start.

Walking ... and or being generally aware of your personal consumption.

That is something the normal person is conditioned not to think or care about.

Our current societal structure is designed (Suburbs especially) to not allow us the time to consider these things.

We are told to be too busy to take the additional time to walk, even beyond our personal laziness. Most adults have kids and a mortgage, these two in combination do not allow you much free time to consider anything beyond caring for these things.

That's the thing, people think somehow that the suburban lifestyle of massive over consumption is normal and sustainable.

They don't see the enormous waste of resources in a realistic perspective, it's partially media educed, but also just a reality they've lived for the last 3 or 4 generations.

They grew up surrounded by it, not having a lawn and a car is considered sub par or weird to them.

It all boils back to that lifestyle not being sustainable, it's a huge shock to someone who doesn't know how to live any other way.

Their first thoughts focus on what can be done to preserve this lifestyle, hydrogen cars, ethanol, electric.

While those technologies are available the reality is it's never going the match oil's low price/high yield.

We're doomed because nobody is prepared to deal with reality and realize just how essential affordable petroleum is to every facet of our economy US.

It isn't sustainable, but when all the free time you have day to day is often spent consuming mass media that is designed to keep the wheels on this program where do you even get info that is helpful. It requires too much effort for the average American.

People are so numb to this by now ... its gotten so Orwellian it scares me.

Except my tinfoil hat fears of world domination have settled to the reality of elite legacy families just expanding their wealth at any cost. ANY COST!!