What's up with Bushwick?

seven.13

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bushwick23.png

I lived in Bushwick for a little more than two years.

Rented a room from a Puerto Rican junkie family, also lived with an asshole heroin dealer who was a carcinogen for my life.

Fun at first, it gradually got gayer and gayer, due to the influx of white people FLOODING in.

So I moved on.

I'd rather live uptown than to move back to Bushwick.

There was a shooting at Bushwick and Weirfield on Saturday night around midnight. Has anyone read about it anywhere? I haven't found any info on the internet. The person was shot in the head, trying to figure out if they survived.

t5he neighborhood has been so quiet this summer...i ahvent even seen one fight yet!

Neither have I. It has been quite pleasant. Too bad about the person who caught the bullet tho.

Anyone have any info about the recent shootings (or stabbings not sure) on Weirfield St. near Bushwick Ave?

There was one around 2:30am on March 6th, 2010.

hi. i live right there. here is what i know.. the first one was a house party gone awry in which one person was stabbed (he lived) and one person (the stabber) was shot and killed.i called the 83rd precinct this morning to ask for an additional police presence on the street.. they said they knew it was a problem and they were "stepping it up".. we also plan to go to the next public meeting of the 83rd to make our request known in person. if anyone else wants to go with, i think it would help. This is really too much.

Do you know when the next public meeting is? I would be interested in showing support. I live right around the corner.

There seemed to be another party last night too. There were 15 or so people hanging outside the same house (at around 2am when I walked through there) that the police posted outside of after the first incident.

Meetings: The Precinct Community Council meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at 480 Knickerbocker Avenue. So April 20th. Glad you are thinking of coming. This seems like a problem that could be solved with a better police presence. Those two houses have been a source of problems for the nearly 3 years I have lived around the corner. I plan on asking some of my neighbors if they are interested in going as well.

have I been living in a gang area for a year and haven't even known it?

I will go with you to the meeting as well. I don't live on that block, but I live just 2 blocks away. I have also been calling 311 every week about the illegal dumping in the vacant lot on Broadway and Wierfield...

So I will see you there on April 20th.

I'd like to see hipsters move in to North Philly *evil laugh*

:)

It's hilarious that all these brown people get angry over white people moving into their shithole neighborhoods just like honkeys get weirded out about property value diminishing when the opposite happens.