8 Bit Nintendo VS FLoyd's Darkside of the Moon

the_gooch

via dangerous minds:

http://www.dangerousminds.net/index.php/site/comments/dark_side_of_nintendo/

"Forget the Flaming Lips and the Easy Star All Star-Dub Band versions of Dark Side of the Moon, this is far better. A fellow by the name of Brad Smith recreated the most famous Pink Floyd album in 8-bit using Famitracker, sound rendered with NSFplug. It sounds like Kraftwerk covering Pink Floyd! You can download the entire album here."

floyd.png

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

that's not true. i hate hippies. i went to these stoners' house yesterday and they had like 4 pink floyd posters... i was like cool... you get these in college?

is pink floyd british?

if i'm going to listen to british music it'll be oi! or ska or grime or 77 punk rock or something... not gay ass laser light show stoner classic rock. that money song has a decent bass line though.

That Easy Star All Star-Dub Band version kicks ass, this nintendo shit is strait up nerd stuff though, do not want.

Never really liked Pink Floyd until I downloaded the Star Dub because of the herbs I've met that are way into PF back in the day.

1. floyd does not suck.

2. yes, this is totaly nerd shit. so i am surprised most of you are hating on it.

3. it seemed pretty funny that someone took the time to actually make it. i guess if it was an mf doom album more people would have liked it.

4. oh well....

if you cant appreciate pink floyd youre not listening to music properly

I disagree

while i like some pink floyd (money, brick in the wall, pigs flying?, some others), I'm just not into melancholy. I do sad, I do depressed, I do hopeless, I don't do melancholy

I appreciate the musicianship, I just don't really like the music

was never a huge floyd fan. those type dudes were from the upper east played hacky sack and wore hemp chokers in HS but the nintendo is raddness squared no matter what it plays.

http://dl1.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/dl/7050/df3c52/Maniac%20Mansion%20Soundtrack%20-%20(NES%20SCUMM%20OST)/01_-_maniac_mansion_(%27maniac%27_theme).mp3

track 01 = ≈B^|