4 Loko Appreciation

forsit

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Letters universities are sending around...i got this..

Dear Friends,

We want to pass along this important message about a potentially dangerous alcohol drink that has received some national press recently. We share this information so that you can continue to make smart choices about your personal health and safety while at Boston University.

There has been much fanfare recently about a fruity malt liquor called “Four Loko” and the attendant side effects which have been referred to as,! “Blackout in a can.” Alcohol companies are targeting college students with these products without regard for your safety. National attention has been focused on this particular beverage because of a couple of very troubling incidents at Central Washington University and Ramapo College in Northern New Jersey.

We want to take this opportunity to provide you with some information about caffeinated alcoholic beverages and about mixing caffeine and alcohol in an effort to aid you in your decision making. Mixing alcohol and caffeine is not a new concept, but the recent cases involving students who were hospitalized after drinking beverages combining the two in a large can, is a cause for concern across college campuses and elsewhere around the co! untry. At the request of 18 attorney generals the Food and Drug Administration is reviewing whether the drinks are safe.

Four Loko is one example of a caffeinated alcoholic beverage. The 23 ounce can of this drink contains an equivalent amount of alcohol to four 12 ounce beers and 156 milligrams of caffeine. The danger here is not just the alcohol content but rather, the combination of high amounts of alcohol and caffeine.

Drinking high amounts of caffeine can cause symptoms like rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath,! dizziness, feeling jittery and nausea. When consumed in combination wi! th alcohol, caffeine may produce the feeling of being “wide awake” despite the fact that one may be intoxicated on alcohol. The fact that the depressant effects of alcohol are mitigated by the caffeine may lead people to continue to drink alcohol and thereby become dangerously drunk.

We strongly recommend that you steer clear of these types of drinks and from mixing alcohol with other caffeine containing beverages. We also recommend that you avoid

mixing other substances with alcohol as a general rule. Boston University is concerned for your personal safety and we hope that you will use this information to make wise health choice! s.

With best regards,

Dr. David McBride

Director, Student Health Services

my girl is always trying to think she can drink more than i can

like we'll crush a handle and then she thinks i was way more faded just cuz we end up somewhere i don't wanna be so i start shit with idiots and get 86'd for lulz... and sommmmetiiiimes i tend to time travel a lot.

think i'ma challenge my bitch to a 4loko crushin contest to settle it

pretty sure i'll win easy. used to use joose as a chaser on the regs

will post results/summary/police report

st0ol br0ry c0

Same with my chica when she was in party mode, ended up getting a handle of james fox, to settle the dispute. go to a buddies apartment, she passes out half way thru, i end up blacking out. i wake up like wtf. epic bro story short, i try to stand up only to find my legs dont work, collapse into a rock band game drum set complt destroying it........ we left that shit quit, months later "ay bro u know what happened to // drum set"?

Showed her!!!!!!!!!!

BAHAHHAWAHAAAAAAAAAA REAL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A must watch lols will be had....

caught this on a blog

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

fuckin lightweight

there is NO way this shit will be legal for much longer. i tried it today for the first time today and it is some serious shit. i can drink....a lot....more than i care to admit actually....but, one can of this had me pretty trashed.

yes, i did drink it quickly but i've never felt so drunk off of one tallboy. also, i crushed it about an hour after i woke up so this had me wide awake. i actually skipped coffee today thanks to 4 LOKO.

the aftertaste is some absolutely wretched shit. i can still taste it hours later, a grape swisher couldn't really drown it out either.

never again.

Chicago:

Ban of caffeinated alcoholic drinks in Chicago on the table

November 3, 2010 7:19 PM | 15 Comments | UPDATED STORY

The sale of caffeinated alcoholic drinks would be banned in Chicago under a proposal introduced at today's City Council meeting.

Sponsoring Alds. Edward Burke, 14th, and Gene Schulter, 47th, said the beverages are dangerous for young adults who might not realize how drunk they have become when they drink them.

Under the proposal, the pre-mixed caffeinated liquor drinks would be banned city-wide.

Bartenders would still be able to mix drinks such as Red Bull and vodka, because, Burke reasoned, they are trained to know when someone has been overserved. But Burke also said he would be open to listening to a proposal to stop bartenders from mixing them as well.

"Quite frankly, I think it is completely irresponsible to manufacture and market a product that can make young people so intoxicated so fast," Schulter said in a news release.

Colleges and universities across the nation report health problems caused by the drinks. New Jersey's Ramapo College announced a similar ban after a surge in alcohol intoxication cases since the beginning of the school year, with about half a dozen of them involving a popular caffeinated alcoholic drink known as Four Loko.

The Food and Drug Administration is investigating whether caffeine and alcohol can safely be mixed and consumed as a single beverage.

The aldermen's proposal was sent to a joint committee of Finance and License and Consumer Protection.

-- John Byrne

Link: http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/11/caffeinated-alcoholic-drinks-banned-in-chicago.html

Chicago:

Ban of caffeinated alcoholic drinks in Chicago on the table

November 3, 2010 7:19 PM | 15 Comments | UPDATED STORY

The sale of caffeinated alcoholic drinks would be banned in Chicago under a proposal introduced at today's City Council meeting.

Sponsoring Alds. Edward Burke, 14th, and Gene Schulter, 47th, said the beverages are dangerous for young adults who might not realize how drunk they have become when they drink them.

Under the proposal, the pre-mixed caffeinated liquor drinks would be banned city-wide.

Bartenders would still be able to mix drinks such as Red Bull and vodka, because, Burke reasoned, they are trained to know when someone has been overserved. But Burke also said he would be open to listening to a proposal to stop bartenders from mixing them as well.

"Quite frankly, I think it is completely irresponsible to manufacture and market a product that can make young people so intoxicated so fast," Schulter said in a news release.

Colleges and universities across the nation report health problems caused by the drinks. New Jersey's Ramapo College announced a similar ban after a surge in alcohol intoxication cases since the beginning of the school year, with about half a dozen of them involving a popular caffeinated alcoholic drink known as Four Loko.

The Food and Drug Administration is investigating whether caffeine and alcohol can safely be mixed and consumed as a single beverage.

The aldermen's proposal was sent to a joint committee of Finance and License and Consumer Protection.

-- John Byrne

Link: http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/11/caffeinated-alcoholic-drinks-banned-in-chicago.html

Michigan passed this today I guess. Effecttive in like 30 days or something. I lol'd.