Fans of Michael Jackson commit suicide (oh no its Kurt Cobain all over again)

Swindle

MICHAEL Jackson's death has reportedly led at least a dozen people to kill themselves worldwide while Australians seek help from a suicide prevention hotline.

Some callers to Lifeline Australia, which speaks to about 50 suicidal people each day, have told counsellors that Jackson's death on Friday had left them distressed.

London man Gary Taylor, who owns the biggest Michael Jackson online fan club, said he was aware of about 12 suicides following the performer's death, Sky News UK reports.

"It is a serious situation that these people are going through but Michael Jackson would never want this," Mr Taylor said.

"He would want them to live."

Lifeline CEO Dawn O'Neil said that while there has not been "a dramatic increase" in calls to counsellors since Friday, people have spoken about how Jackson's death has affected them.

"We have had some calls related to this," Ms O’Neil said.

"In some cases, (a celebrity's death) can be very distressing."

The calls came as a friend to the famous family, the Reverend Jesse Jackson, urged fans not to "self-destruct".

"This is a time when hearts are heavy," Jackson said. "There is great pain but great cause to celebrate Michael's life.

"It made Michael happy saying 'We Are The World'. Don't self destruct."

Ms O'Neil said it was important for people to discuss how they feel in times of death.

"With any loss or death, everyone grieves in their own way," she said.

"Find someone to talk to… it certainly is important to talk to someone."

She said speaking to friends, family, counsellors or their doctor could help people in grief.

TL;DR

people can't live with the fact that their idol has died, even though he hasn't had a musical presence in years and they killed themselves because of it

If you or someone you know may be at risk of suicide contact Lifeline on 131 114; Kids Help Line on 1800 551 800; visit http://www.beyondblue.org.au; or seek immediate help from a GP or a counsellor.

Help and advice is also available on 1800 18SANE (7263) and from http://www.sane.org/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Oh man if someone can find the news footage they had of his Australian fans that was on Channel 10 the day of his death I swear some of those people are among the 12. There was 1 guy who was trying to be Michael Jackson and had fake tigers around his property and shit, while in a trademark Dangerous-era red jacket.

Seriously I saw this shit while I was warming up on the treadmill at the gym and want to hear the audio of it, so if you can find it I will give props.

i used to be like dude, why would you kill yourself over something like this blah blah blah...

now im like... if your gonna kill yourself cause some celebrity died, then good fuckin riddance, you have no place in my world.

sidenote: pissdrunks, you know how we were talking about white trash robs bitterness and shit? im thinking that dudes sitting somewhere doing voodoo curses and celebrity death rain dances, dudes probably in his glory right now ha.

ramallah-killacelebrity.jpg

• Like 1