What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think it's fucking great that there is actual book beef going on in here.

I wouldn't call 1984 a tin foil book to be honest. I think the point of it simply was to take the way the world is run to the extreme and by doing that raise a lot of questions and issues.

The questions it raises about the purpose of war for example or about the increasing role of surveilance in our lives (as well as a lot of other stuff) are things that pretty much everyone should at least be aware of even if you choose not to worry about it too much and just get on with your life.

No ones talking some huge illuminati , fake moon landing bullshit by doing that, least of all Orwell.

But to continue to Book Beef,

WHO EVER CALLED CAMUS AN EXISTENTIALIST IS AN IDIOT!

Haha come at me br0.

:)

Also who ever is reading crime and punishment, I read it because an estonian who couldnt speak much english (but obviously spoke russian) was trying to describe why he liked Dosteyovski.

His exact words were "Dosteyovski...I like ... he is a .. truely ....GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!" and he made a tiger claw action with his hand.

It actually took me a year to read and I got fed up with all the russian names etc and read two or three other books in between.

But when I finished it I was very happy I read it. The guys a fucking masterful writer. I started the idiot and didnt like it anywhere near as much as Crime and Punishment. Shit's awesome, enjoy.

I read '100 years' ages ago, liked it and then pretty much forgot about Marquez; but last year I copped 10 of his books for a tenner. They're all good. I don't read too much modern stuff really but there's not a book of his I haven't taken something from.

You're a Brit right?

http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&productId=175911&searchTerm=gabriel+

I read '100 years' ages ago, liked it and then pretty much forgot about Marquez; but last year I copped 10 of his books for a tenner. They're all good. I don't read too much modern stuff really but there's not a book of his I haven't taken something from.

You're a Brit right?

http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&productId=175911&searchTerm=gabriel+

Good looking out dude, I'm not a brit though.

Kafka was a strange guy.... Lawyer people. I've read the trial. It was very good.

Really though? hating on 1984? paranoid or not shit is a classic. I must have read that 6 times between 15-21.

negging someone for reading a classic?

thats fucking dumb.

paranoid or otherwise, its a fantastic piece of work that has inspired some great music and general awareness for a couple generations.

my nurga

also - cesar milan hahaha

fist thx for the water for elephants warning :(

i loved 1984 upon reread

there was a lot of hidden humor in it

also love crime and punishment, great intro to the books i read after it: anna karenina and war and peace, amazing boks