The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

ME too - got 25kg each of Voyager Veloria and Pale, 1kg each of light and dark crystal as well as about 350gm in assorted hops to add to already existing stocks of malt/hops/yeast.

Keen to do an American brown ale and traditional IPA for winter.

Edited by Hua Guofang
  • Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/13/2020 at 2:29 PM, metronome said:

How come?  This home was built in 2016.

Kitchens should have 20a circuits in them by code, but most of the time they get 15a receptacles on 20a breakers. In the last year I've installed less than ten 20a receptacles and most of them were special requests in shop/garage areas. Maybe its municipal variance on code, it is possible that the south does things differently....

4 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

Kitchens should have 20a circuits in them by code, but most of the time they get 15a receptacles on 20a breakers. In the last year I've installed less than ten 20a receptacles and most of them were special requests in shop/garage areas. Maybe its municipal variance on code, it is possible that the south does things differently....

Well then.  Today I learned.  I'm a Canadian as well fwiw.

Tried brewing my second brown ale today, an American brown, to be precise. First one was a complete screw up with a totally stck mash (had a bunch of oats in it but the vessel I was using was more the issue). It turned out nice but it much more of a porter than a brown.

Today, I think, if I'm lucky, I brewed a red, otherwise, it's going to be a hoppy amber.

Voyager compass - 69%
Voyager Veloria - 21%
Dark Crustal - 5%
Light choc - 2% (10m)
Shepherd's Delight - 1.5% (10m)
Brown malt - 1.5%

FWH - Amarill0 30g, Magnum 10g
10 min - Ella 15g, Citra 15g, Amarillo 15g
whirlpool - Ella 20g

Actually hit my numbers, which is only the second time since doing AG: pre-boil 1055, post-boil 1061

Was aiming for 67 mash temp but let it drop down to 64 at one stage, due to divided attention.

Did two cubes, will dry hop one and leave the other neat to compare flavours. Both will be US05.

• Like 1

606736619_IMG_2758copy.thumb.JPG.bb9a89e0488fd80b086940b0c4db5a9f.JPG

Found my 90's bottle cap collection, click the pic to see it biggest.  There's some crap in there maybe more related to the event than the beer being good.  That Zima up top is a wonderfully amusing 90s fail.  If you know your craft beer history there's some good shit peppered in there, also some good foreign brews.  Wish I had saved more of these and had kept my bottles too.

• Like 2