The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

also, I've basically quit drinking and have lost about 20 pounds in the last 6 months.

Impressive, sure you're happy about that. I stopped drinking twice recently and saw some weight loss. Don't do it every day now but have achieved a good balance between consumption and energy needed to burn it off.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AC/DC brought out their own line of wine in Aust a few years back. Maynard from Tool makes his own wine as well. Sometimes, rarely, it can be real.

Tonight I bottled by first brown ale whilst drinking my first stout. Quietly happy with both - each are very, very basic and stripped back recipes that allow me to understand the grain, hops, yeast and water (been doing the same with lighter beers as well) and are surprisingly comparable to your more complex beers with a mosaic of grains, hops and adjuncts. The stout is simply a base grain with roast barley for the grist and a simple European style hops (Styrian Golding as I couldn't source EKG or Fuggles) and it's really fucking good. I'll likely replicate the recipe at lower temp for higher attenuation and higher booze points but add some oats to keep a solid texture to it.

Might to that and a deep, hearty English IPA for winter next weekend.

Forgot about that AC/DC wine, lol. Hope it's fortified.

:beercheers:Cheers on the beers!

As an Oontzer I'll suggest you use some of those free stickers as labels and make some 12oz brews. Pee In Her Butt Pilsner? Or a Dao.I.P.A?

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, metronome said:

I like scotch better but only because I've had more of that.

I've tried Stagg Jr and Elijah Craig and liked both of those though.

Never been as into scotch, but I’ll drink it occasionally when offered. Came up on a bourbon called Jefferson Reserve that was truly epic. Really enjoyed it and distinctly better than anything else I’ve had , which tends to sort of be the same most the time. 

Jefferson Reserve is fantastic.

I'd gotten way into whiskey/whisky over the last several years (before basically stopping drinking). I hated it in my early/mid twenties but around 29/30 it clicked and I realized that Jack pretty much sucks and shouldn't define whisky/bourbon for anyone. Other than vodka, the only liquor bottles I have bought have been whisky since about 2014.

Is there not a whiskey thread? I'm gonna go look and maybe start one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still been downing a lot of local brews that are too far for most of you to fully report on here.  Lot of Imperial Stouts lately including this one on nitrous.  Also had a Russian Imperial aged on cherries, another w/ chocolate & peanut butter, another with vanilla, graham crackers, and marshmallow (s'mores), and I have yet another in the fridge that's chipotle/ginger.  

IMG_4628.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i'm about to make my first chocolate stout. I have the wort that I made in a cube and will cover some cacao nibs in vodka for a day or two. I'll then put the tincture in the freezer so all the oils/fat will come to the surface and I can scrape it off. then I'll put the tincture in the wort, just not sure if I should do that before or after I pitch the yeast..., probably after to stop flavour scrubbing by the C02.

• 1 month later...