Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H. Lecter

The Beer Thread

stoneluck.jpg

Got this guy sitting in the fridge right now, anyone tried it yet? 50/50 blend of arrogant bastard and double bastard (which I also have in the fridge waiting to be drank), oaked, and double dry hopped.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

sounds fucking delicious. i bet it's hopped like a mug. double dry hopped with on a blend of double and regular arrogant bastard? that's just goofy.

i will admit to ignoring their beers simply on the boring labels that they have.

Great Divide has some good beers in their selection, despite the plain labels. Nothing spectacular that I recall having from them, but I drank their Titan IPA a fair bit while in Denver. Pretty good for the price.

Edit: I need to try that Lucky Bastard. Stone rules.

Great Divide has some good beers in their selection, despite the plain labels. Nothing spectacular that I recall having from them, but I drank their Titan IPA a fair bit while in Denver. Pretty good for the price.

Yeti is their strongest offering in my opinion, but they are pretty solid overall.

It's funny, because their Barrel Aged Yeti was sub-par and the Barrel Aged Ruffian was pretty offensive.

Yeti is their strongest offering in my opinion, but they are pretty solid overall.

It's funny, because their Barrel Aged Yeti was sub-par and the Barrel Aged Ruffian was pretty offensive.

I have nothing but poor things to say about Great Divide. I've had two beers with flies in them, A skunked reserve, and a barley wine so shitty we tried to run it through a brita to make it better (i make no claim this was a good idea, i was drunk).

Great Divide gets no love from me. Don't distribute nationally if you can't assure a certain level of batch quality.

Great Divide gets no love from me. Don't distribute nationally if you can't assure a certain level of batch quality.

Beer with flies in it is trifling and i appreciate your disdain for that brewery, personally I like the oak aged espresso yeti and the hercules double ipa (which I was drinking on draft last night).

What I find funny about this discussion is the original poster doesn't buy their beers because the labels are boring, the label artwork is probably the last thing that I'm thinking about when purchasing any beers. sure a cool looking label is dope but that's secondary for me.

Drank a Bells Winter White at the bar tonite. Worst beer ive tasted in a while. Swill. I had to pinch my nose to keep from spitting it up

What I find funny about this discussion is the original poster doesn't buy their beers because the labels are boring, the label artwork is probably the last thing that I'm thinking about when purchasing any beers. sure a cool looking label is dope but that's secondary for me.

I know what you mean, but packaging is important to me too.

Would I have tried all those Goose Island beers if the labels hadn't been so nice? Maybe, maybe not. But taking pride in design is never a bad thing, imo

Drank a Bells Winter White at the bar tonite. Worst beer ive tasted in a while. Swill. I had to pinch my nose to keep from spitting it up

Well, it's a witbier. You should know what you're getting when you order one. I'm assuming you don't like witbiers. It's not really a a bad example of the style, i'd give it a B.

DSCN0104.jpg

Trappist Karmeliet, average but i liked the hops twist

DSCN0105.jpg

Appearing again, one of favourite not belgian abbey style beers.

DSCN0103.jpg

everyone's had this but i always forget what it tastes like, i guess because it's nothing special

DSCN0102.jpg

really enjoyed this one though

DSCN0101.jpg

in the top 5 beers ive ever had, so rich like you would expect from St Bernadus (10.5 ABV) but it was really fresh and came through with some surprising hop and pine flavours on the end.

DSCN0100.jpg

my dads birthday, he asked for cognac, so i bought him armagnac instead. i picked up a 25 year old bottle for a steal, tastes fucking incredible too

DSCN0099.jpg

pyrat XO, a light bodied rum with a strong citrus flavour coming through (can't be fucked properly describing it)

Not pictured, Highland Park 18 year old scotch and a bottle of Gulden Draak.

spendstoomuchmoneyonboozeoner/

• Like 1

DBleft.jpg

stone double bastard

this had a great aroma and i did taste 2 distinct flavors. almost like arrogant bastard plus a shot of bourbon. however balanced enough that it wasn't an overpowering hard liquor taste. this has been the best stone bomber ive had so far.

bitches_brew.jpg

dogfish head bitches brew

very dark imperial stout. no taste of honey or sweetness that would have been expected from this.

kinda cool to have watch this on discovery channel and then try it a week later. it was good but lacked something. the smokey flavor was a bit overpowering after the first couple sips.

bells-christmas-ale.png

bells christmas ale

comparing this to great lakes christmas ale this loses big time.

it has all the similar tastes but great lakes took it much further to the next level.

big_a_4pk_lorez_silouh.jpg

smuttynose big a ipa

i had the choice of getting this one or the other smutty nose ipa

and went for this one. decent ipa. but nothing really out of the ordinary about it.

in terms of labeling i usually try a new beer once a week and have alot to choose from and if i dont know what something is going to taste like a good label helps. i feel it shows some sort of pride in your product and being visual i respect a good image. goose island is a great example. that is such a great label and i don't even like goose island's beers. obviously taste is going to win out over graphic design but i'm going to choose a better label over a cheap label if ive never heard about either beers.

i think even the region of where the beer comes from play a part of it as well. i'm much more willing to grab an unknown beer from colorado than i am to choose one from podunk iowa.

DSC06550.jpg

tried this for the first time this week end... just read about the flys in the beer....

anyways, got to enjoy some dogfish head 60 min an the usual genny/pbr which ever one's colder.

also tried this

TYKU_Liqueur_Night_bottle.jpg

its made with soju which apparently is some magical japanese vodka that doesn't give you hang overs. i woke up fucked up so i guess it didn't.

Copped one of these looking to drink it tonight - have no idea really what I'm in store for. From what I can tell it's not a very dark beer, brewers liquorice isn't my favourite flavouring in the world - but it's so hard to get American beer over here I just snapped it up.

rogue-21ale.jpg

On from there, the head honcho at Stones&DFH have stopped sending beer to Australia completely until there is a guarantee that the beer is refridge. boated, redfridge. trucked, and straight to cold at POS. S'pose that's looking out for your brand, but fuck me, I want more Ruination an 90M.

Also got one of these;

santas_private_reserve_ale.jpg

For obvious reasons.

you wanna fuck santa?

If he only comes once a year it must be worth it.

But no. Just thought it's a good excuse to get smashed on Christmas day.

delerium tremens? nothing that special, really.

went nuts at the beer store, came home with bottles of three philosophers, la fin du monde, and brother thelonious as well.