The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Flash is a solid brewery.

The imperial IPA I hadn't had before but was very good. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The double stout is on par if not better than Old Rasputin.

Blackmetal is just a great stout. It's nice to see a few breweries really doing things in TX. Them, Southern Star, and hopefully Ranger Creek.

I'm going to a tasting at a local bar this monday with side by sides of three different beers by ranger creek and their wine barrel aged versions. There's a mesquite smoked porter that's been aged for 6 months on White Oak Cabernet barrels. Should be delicious.

event link

cerise is disgusting. not trying to be an ass just suprised people like it

its probably founders worst beer. i had it at a tasting and couldnt even finish a small glass of it

the next worse thing that night was stiegl lemon.

i have also come to the conclusion that i hate brother thelonious

i love the high alcohol content but when i go from drinking one kind of beer to that

it doesnt mix at all. i guess its the fruit/cherries in it.

And honestly, the Cab stuff was ok, but the Mesquite Smoked was the best one, and the lager.

They are a new brewery so while they are rockin out, I think they could be a little more solid on their barrel aged.

The mesquite tasted like burnt wood. IT was wonderful. Making a chili with it or having it next to a brisket would be perfect.

Like I said, DFH is slippin.

when i picked up a bottle of this (Hell Hound) i was expecting something a little like the Miles Davis Bitches Brew.. meaning something more unique. when i drank the first bottle i was disappointed.. when we spit a bottle the other night it seemed to taste much better.. the lemon was a little more evident out of a tulip and at a warmer temperature. other then that the Red & White didnt blow my mind this year and neither did the Black & Blue. Namaste is pretty boring and seems incredibly out of sorts for DFH. i did like the Squall and Chateau Jiahu tho.