The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

Haha, also hopefully you typed that from your phone again otherwise you're smashed mate.

I run a cold stable after ferment and then rack to keg, so pretty clean really. When I use solid adjuncts I throw it through an oil filter just to be safe.

Congratulations on being back in school, I'll have a cold one for you when I finish work.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went by ledger's the other day, picked up this:

ch-bfm-cuvee-du-7eme-usa-version.jpg

but in a 750ml.

2006 Bierre De Gaurde. on the sour side. much like the other 2006 vintage from this brewery a little of the flavor had dropped out. but it was absolutely delicious nonetheless.

Also had this the other night:

de-struise-black-albert.jpg?w=470

It was wonderful. It was a batch 4, and one of my pals has a few batch 0's which i would damn near kill him for after having the batch 4.

sorry. but you guys sound like fucking queers talking about fruit & fruity beers.

(another IPA please)

respect

I'm not going to argue with you, I will though say, some of the biggest dark beers in the world are well known for having raspberries/chocolate powder/ sweetened condensed milk (milk stout ain't gay) in the brew process. Some even use adjuncts like that in the ferment stage - I've pretty much only used them in the boil.

I put blood orange into an AIPA last year that ended at 11.7 percent (11.7ABV ain't gay!). Bit of citrus is great, every single big American IPA tastes of citrus anyway - heck, a fair portion of them use Citra.

For reference, my go to beer is definitely IPA.

Anyway. Cheers.

Haha, I'll drink to that.

Kegging an evil Euro stout today. Here's the grist bill for anyone interested;

DarkBruuu.jpg

The darkest grain is Caraffa Special II - used 1.5kg into a 22kg bill, that's all you need to make it very dark, I wanted it black as the ace of spades though, so might push another .5KG (sorry for metric) in the next brew.

Next lightest is Chocolate Malt - which most people would have heard of, when you open a sack it really does smell like chocolate, even more so when milling it.

Ahhmm, next lightest is Melanoiden - which is very, very popular in the states. I bought it specifically to make American style IPA.

Then just pale malt as the base, which is the lightest and most abundant that you see.

Haven't posted in a minute. Drinking this right now. I normally don't drink anything from Stone and still haven't gotten around to sampling any Troegs despite hearing good things.

drink-this-stone-cherry-chocolate-stout.jpg

There's a good balance between the chocolate, cherry, and vanilla that comes together well in each sip. 7.3%

Had a banana nut bread beer again for the first time in a while, and for those of you who haven't had it before, it's pretty damn tasty. It's only 5.9abv(?), and you can hardly taste the alc but the first half of the bottle is like eating a damn loaf of bnb, the other half of the bottle I feel like you get sort of used to the taste and the bnb doesn't jump out at you as much.