The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump.

Had one of these last night:

jolly-pumpkin-la-roja.jpg?w=468&h=747

It was batch 13 from 2009. So it was actually older than i initially thought. It was good, some of the sourness dropped out, and it almost just tasted coppery. It was way lively, still. I think it was over the hill. I probably should have had it when I bought it, but I thought it was only from 2010, not 2009. I wouldn't let an amber sit for two years. Oh well, still good.

oro de calabaza is delish.

Also, magic hat is now owned by pyramid brewing, however I suspect it's not like their quality can be brought down much more.

I still maintain that Long Trail is the superior VT brewery. Nothing quite like double bag bombers in the mountains surrounded by snow and smoking a blunt in a short bus that you broke into.

I can't get down with lambics, I've had some really good krieks though. I think cutting the lambic and adding the sour element makes it more palatable.

I've had 2 parts allagash white mixed with 1 part framboise...belgian sunrise and that shit was tasty. My girl and I had a framboise and vanilla icecream float and I'd definitely recommend that. /my .02 cents

I found a random beer spot in a small town while on vacation last week, picked up the following that I'll be drinking at my homies bachelor party next week:

Sierra 30th - Barley Wine, Grand Cru and Helles Bock (all of these have been sold out in my city for months)

Finally got my hands on this -

hitachino-white.jpg

i.hardcore.u.2.jpg

mikkeller-nugget-single-hop.jpg

nogn-o-imperial-stout.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg

• Like 1