The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was blessed to be able to have drank both the 2010, and 2011 Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS) on draft yesturday......wow....

That the best way to describe it..."wow"....or maybe "holy shit"... i think i said both in my head as i sipped this aged nectar... Pretty alcoholic, very flavorful, i took some mental notes while drinking, but halfway thru the 2011 i was in a daze. I enjoyed the 2010 a bit more, seemed milder, this is def a beer that you can age.. I asked the bartender what he preferred, he said the 2011, because it "has more flavor" a simple response but this bartender is no dummy.

Also was drinking before hand some Smuttynose.. and damn they gotta good line up! Old dog brown ale, there IPA, and pale ale was real good too.

founders-kbs-label-thumb-572xauto-115263.png

smuttynose.JPG

Was blessed to be able to have drank both the 2010, and 2011 Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS) on draft yesturday......wow....

That the best way to describe it..."wow"....or maybe "holy shit"... i think i said both in my head as i sipped this aged nectar... Pretty alcoholic, very flavorful, i took some mental notes while drinking, but halfway thru the 2011 i was in a daze. I enjoyed the 2010 a bit more, seemed milder, this is def a beer that you can age.. I asked the bartender what he preferred, he said the 2011, because it "has more flavor" a simple response but this bartender is no dummy.

Also was drinking before hand some Smuttynose.. and damn they gotta good line up! Old dog brown ale, there IPA, and pale ale was real good too.

founders-kbs-label-thumb-572xauto-115263.png

smuttynose.JPG

Ima bump this to the nest page, so boys know to try the stuff from smuttynose if they see it.

^ima take ur word y. i was actually gonna grab that up just because of the two guys sittin on the label. im gonna see if they have the variety but when i was there they only had that last one.

just had:

p1010116.jpg

troegs-pale-ale-beer-pic.gif

TroegsHopback2.jpg

i enjoyed the hop back alot. i wasnt sure about the java head before i had it but it was pretty good. and the pale wasnt bad either. im drinkin another dream weaver right now, its kinda sweet for my taste but its pretty good.

I third that SmuttyNose is a great brewery.

I was at a tasting last night of over 30 beers. Homebrews versus their commercial analogues. It was fucking awesome.

Also, picked up a fuck ton of beers in Chicago the other day. Shipping them home. Highlights include:

KBS (As seen above)

Nogne Red Horizon (17% made with sake yeasts

Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch (Made with Civet Coffee beans)

Mikkeller Single Yeast series "Brettonamyacis"

WIN A FREE MONTH OF 12ozPROPHET - DIRTY DOZEN - VIP

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!

Our advertising partners help make 12oz possible, so please show them some love and check out their goods and services regardless of contests and incentives.

This contest will run all week. All submissions must be received by Friday March 25, 2011 at 6pm EST.

Contest Rules:

1. Click on any Belvedere Vodka advertisement***you see throughout 12ozProphet.

2. Once on the Belvedere Vodka Facebook site, hunt around for the***share button , publish the link to your wall. Take a screen grab of the posted link on your wall and win TWO FREE WEEKS OF VIP!

3. PM all the screen grabs to us by deadline!

Bonus:

Click on any two other advertisements (Each must be from a separate ad campaigns and cannot be a 12ozProphet ad or from the same advertiser as the first two screen grabs) and take a screen grab of any page within the advertisers site and send the two bonus screen grabs along with the Belvedere Vodka screen grabs and win TWO EXTRA FREE WEEKS OF VIP!

Thats a full month of VIP for submitting 4 screen grabs proving you took the time to visit our advertiser's site and check out their offerings.***Plus you're helping 12ozProphet by showing our advertisers love and support which goes a long way towards making them want to advertise on 12ozProphet again.

Remember: Send us your screen grab via Private message. We will update member accounts once a day, so please be patient and we'll hook it up. Make sure you submit correctly because we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong. Limit: 1 completed submission per member per contest.

And again… Please show our advertisers love and check out what they have to offer. It only takes a few minutes to check out their goods and in return their support helps maintain 12ozProphet and keep it growing.

This contest will run all week. All submissions must be received by Friday March 25, 2011 at 6pm EST.

WIN A FREE MONTH OF 12ozPROPHET - DIRTY DOZEN - VIP

Found a new local brewery. My friend got married on the 19th and one of the guests works at Bristol, where most of this http://blackfoxbrewing.com/

is brewed. He brought a pony keg of coffee beer, tasted just like a frappuccino, 7.6 content.

It was delicious.

I have heard Black Fox mentioned a few times, but still have yet to try their beer. I guess I need to make a trip down south, especially considering saison's are my favorite style.

How was the Reserva?

Also, I have a bottle of Madrugada Obscura coming to me as well. Jolly Pumpkin is pretty awesome.

The Riserva is an excellent wild ale, I like their use of raspberries and how you get more tart flavors than sweet. My only complaint is how acidic this beer. It's also around 11% abv. which is a plus.

I'm interested to hear your opinion on the JP Madrugada Obscura, I had a 4oz pour and that's all I wanted and I don't really see a reason to try it again. It's not a bad beer but I'm not into sour stouts.

russian-river-damnation1.jpg

on draft,,,,delicious....8abv, belgian strong ale, russian river does no wrong

next is terrapin monk's revenge, then pliny the elder

Southern+Tier+Cuv%25C3%25A9e+3+Oak+Aged+Ale.jpg

ok....i ordered this....now that I look at this image i think the waitress brought me the wrong thing....whatever she brought me was sweet and thick and fucking disgusting for realllll....ugh

Just sent to fermenter my first crack at a dark ale, which I will be aging in a Whisky cask for a couple of weeks after ferment. Going by OG I'm looking at around 12% if not a touch more, so I've used a specialty yeast that has the balls to hang on. Pretty tired after three straight days of brewing though.

Need to upload some flicks later, when I'm awake!