The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new brewery opened up down here in Austin called JesterKing. Made some cool brews just to get the name out. Also doing a series of American Wild Ales, and two collabs with Mikkeller.

They've been running for maybe a few months. Fucking proper.

They have an imperial stout called "Black Metal Stout." Delish.

dscf3691e.jpg

dogfish head aprihop ipa

the aroma and first initial taste is just like founders double trouble (i was wondering what fruit that was)

but i wasn't happy with the finish of it. the founders had that little extra that made the after taste hit the spot

dscf3698.jpg

i had the camera out so i took one of these

this is bought on the regular

Had these this weekend

0311012321.jpg

De Dolle Extra Export Stout. De Dolle makes some amazing beers

0313011457.jpg

Rogue XS Russian Imperial Stout. Thought it was ok. Expected more for it being in that little ass bottle

0313011749a.jpg

Traquair House Ale & Traquair Jacobite. The house ale was the better of the two i thought

0313011748.jpg

Breckenridge Vanilla Porter & Oatmeal Stout. Both were very tasty. Can't wait to try more of their beers

0313011749.jpg

Erie Brewing Drake's Crude Oatmeal Stout. Liked this a lot. I've had their Mad Anthony and liked it also, but the Railbender I thought was shit

0313011746.jpg

Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast. I'm sure you all know is awesome

0314010007.jpg

Nøgne Ø Imperial Stout. Sorry for the bad pic. Drinking this now. Sooo Goooood!

0313011457.jpg

Rogue XS Russian Imperial Stout. Thought it was ok. Expected more for it being in that little ass bottle

So a word to the wise about the "XS" Rogues. I didnt know from the start and was sadly disappointed with this beer. They dont say it on the bottle but these are intended, from what I was told, to be aged AT LEAST a year before drinking to allow the ingredients for the brew to mellow out and develop.

So a word to the wise about the "XS" Rogues. I didnt know from the start and was sadly disappointed with this beer. They dont say it on the bottle but these are intended, from what I was told, to be aged AT LEAST a year before drinking to allow the ingredients for the brew to mellow out and develop.

Yeah I could see that. I started cellaring beers last august. Throw in a beer here and there if I can muster enough self control not to drink em all. Most are barleywine a few stouts and a founders devil dancer triple ipa. I wouldn't have aged an ipa normally but it's 12% so I thought it would be ok. and that Peeper Ale above makes me thirsty.

barn_raising_brown.jpg

These tasty, very limited edition 22oz beers are in the store and holy smokes are they flying out our doors! 100% of the proceeds of the sale of this beer by Rock Art and its distributor, Calmont Beverage, will go to Pete's Greens rebuilding efforts.

If you've been too busy out enjoying all the snow we've had this winter to hear about it, one of our local Vermont produce growers Pete's Greens suffered a tremendous loss when a fire broke out and their barn (the heart of the farm) was completely ruined.

In the fire they lost all their vegetable washing and processing equipment; walk in coolers and freezers; all of their harvested crops; a tractor trailer freezer full of chicken, beef and pork; tractors and lots of tools and equipment. They also had been building a new addition to the barn and that too went up in the blaze.

The community has really pulled together to help this fine farmer out, and this is one more thing that proves folks sure have a lot of heart.

This is why I love small breweries.

20101125-125830.jpg

I'm typically not a big fan of their brews but just had this and have to admit it was good.

Damn, just noticed the price tag on the bottle in the pic. I got this for half of that, I wouldn't pay the full price for it good or not. Better go back to that store and get a few more.

WIN A FREE MONTH OF 12ozPROPHET - DIRTY DOZEN - VIP

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!

Our advertising partners help make 12oz possible, so please show them some love and check out their goods and services regardless of contests and incentives.

This contest will run all week. All submissions must be received by Friday March 18, 2011 at 6pm EST.

Contest Rules:

1. Click on any Adidas advertisement***you see throughout 12ozProphet.

2. Once on the Adidas Facebook site, hunt around for the***share button , publish the link to your wall. Take a screen grab of the posted link on your wall and win TWO FREE WEEKS OF VIP!

3. PM all the screen grabs to us by deadline!

Bonus:

Click on any two other advertisements (Each must be from a separate ad campaigns and cannot be a 12ozProphet ad or from the same advertiser as the first two screen grabs) and take a screen grab of any page within the advertisers site and send the two bonus screen grabs along with the ____________***screen grabs and win TWO EXTRA FREE WEEKS OF VIP!

Thats a full month of VIP for submitting 4 screen grabs proving you took the time to visit our advertiser's site and check out their offerings.***Plus you're helping 12ozProphet by showing our advertisers love and support which goes a long way towards making them want to advertise on 12ozProphet again.

Remember: Send us your screen grab via Private message. We will update member accounts once a day, so please be patient and we'll hook it up. Make sure you submit correctly because we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong. Limit: 1 completed submission per member per contest.

And again… Please show our advertisers love and check out what they have to offer. It only takes a few minutes to check out their goods and in return their support helps maintain 12ozProphet and keep it growing.

This contest will run all week. All submissions must be received by Friday March 18, 2011 at 6pm EST.

WIN A FREE MONTH OF 12ozPROPHET - DIRTY DOZEN - VIP

^^^^^^sorry about my last post. sent it from my phone. heres what i meant to send:

4022342149_2f59ab18be_z.jpg

sippin this now. a wee heavy lol but its pretty good

abita_purple_haze.czvg6p7ql1s84gs8gow8cwg4w.6ylu316ao144c8c4woosog48w.th.jpeg

just had this. a bit sweet but it was pretty good. couldnt drink it all the time tho

this is what im drinkin now

DSC04309.jpg