The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^yeah with a name like monk's blood i'd expect an awesome label.

dscf3637z.jpg

i aged a founder's backwoods bastard which lost the refined taste and now just tastes like a stale beer with a powerful shot of bourbon

i also aged a double trouble ipa. it changed colors a bit, turned a bit muddy, lost its bite and tasted a bit flat, no fruit bouquet. (new one on left/ old on right)

i stored in a room temperature cabinet for a year. does it need to be in the fridge?

or is it just a bad idea to age ipa's?

dscf3637z.jpg

as far as i know, beer should be aged at cellar temps - around 50˚F

never heard of an aged ipa though - but it doesn't seem like the best choice imo. in any case, it's fun to do.

been sick for the last 2 days and was finally up for a beer this evening.

1 st feuillien triple

1 orval

1 flying dog gonzo imperial porter

in that order -- apparently that's a cure-all recipe, because i feel great.

Had lots of good beer this weekend.

0227011502.jpg

very good ipa, ok, good & holy shit i wish i could afford more of these (one of the best stouts i"ve had).

0307010108.jpg

actually drinking this now and is pretty good but a little pricey.

0306012003.jpg

0306012126.jpg

03060118331.jpg

Mad expensive. thought like treating my self. tastes like coffee & honey. very sweet

0307010150.jpg

1st sooo good. Chocolate bomb. 2nd tasty scotch ale. 3rd seen on here and had to try it.

pretty good. i do love banana bread.

best of the bunch with out a doubt was the mikkellers barreled aged breakfast stout.

^daaaaaamn coming out the lurker cuts with the big time beer post....big ups yaself.

I'd like to try that breakfast stout, sinteresting

so whats the science?

if you like quads you will enjoy, it is guuuud. smelled vaguely like red wine, dark fruits. oh but ps it's actually 8.3abv

had it again las night with this also on draft:

hdh73_averysalvation.jpg

which I maybe liked more...or was jjust more in the mood for..belgian strong pale ale, good alcohol taste, banana aftertaste whispers (lol), blahblah

/the science

genny! genny ice and genny cream ale. Really not too horrible, and I think it's 2.99 for a sixer of the tall cans. The prices may have gone up now, it's been awhile.

fuck its made here and its at least 3.50 a sixer of 16's. if you can get it, hands down the best genny is genny boch beer. cream ale's always good though.