MLB 2009 discussion thread!

IHATEU

Quick read about the Yankees new stadium:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2009/05/23/sirota/?source=newsletter

At the end of the Ponzi scheme, the team is permitted to use the taxes it already owes to pay off the mortgage on its new chateau.

Taxpayers don't even get affordable seats. According to Newsday, they get a stadium charging the highest ticket prices in baseball -- $2,500 for "premium" views (since reduced to "just" $1,250) and $410 for a family of four in the cheap seats.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BIB's steroid speculation list:

Johnny Damon - has 10 homeruns already, his season high is like 22 or something.

Ryan Zimmerman and or Adam Dunn - A couple was caught selling roids in Florida or some shit and said they sold some to members of the Nationals.

And the entire Texas Ranger team.

Blue Jays with the worst losing streak in franchise history. i'm not mad, as it had to fold eventually.

anyone want rios and wells for a couple of bullpen pitchers?

What the fuck is up with Rios? Seriously. I had moderate expectations for him since he is on my fantasy team, but he has been so unproductive. Scutaro, on the other hand, has been a little streaky but very productive. He got my vote on the All-Star ballot.

Yeah, Twins showed them the door last week. We've been on a tear after our 20-1 win against Chicago, with only one loss to Boston. Won 6 out of 7. Everybody is hitting.

make that lost two... but fuck that young first time in mlb faggot ump.. tossing BOTH catchers and BOTH managers... toy

2-2, not bad, and we've taken 6 out of the last eight...

I enjoyed watching the Boston "faithful" file out of the Metrodome and hearing them complain about how mean we are during the 7th inning when I was at the game on Wednesday.

That game yesterday was garbage. And that ump was garbage, too. Beckett got away with screaming profanity, but an experienced catcher like Varitek should have known better. You just don't argue balls and strikes with the home plate umpire. He should have let Francona handle the call as opposed to taking it upon himself to do so. Gardy, Redmond, and Francona should not have been tossed, though.

8-0!

GO AHEAD WITH THAT "WAIT TILL THE POST SEASON" BULLSHIT!!

haaha where is mero talking shit in here...

haha fucking suck bags blew it with a 3-1 lead in the 8th!

dont the understand they have a one fucking man bullpen.... haha pay them checks though!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of Manny. He doesn't feel like L.A. to me at all. Dodgers have really never needed to buy big name players since they have one of the best farm systems in all the majors. I liked the team a whole lot better without him to be truthful.

But it is what it is.