MLB 2009 discussion thread!

IHATEU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw that today too.. youke would have it for the american league for the first few weeks

manny killing it in LA too, Pujols, Hunter and Beltran hitting the shit out of the ball too...

i just dont understand how they can make a ballot right now... some fools im sure will be left out

Todays Philly VS Mets game was epic, if you didn't see it, sorry about your luck.

Philly up to bat to finish up the 7th at home, fans going nuts, even the rich ones in the good seats,

5-5, bases loaded, 2 outs, 2 strikes, 3 balls, it all came down to the very last pitch.

If I had the time and love for TV this is the sport I'd follow er' season.

Terrible weekend for me - Twins win 1 out of 3 at home against the Royals. We had leads the last two games, and each one was blown due to pitching negligence. Our bullpen is barbage. Craig Breslow (garbage) and RA Dickey (garbage) both walked several dudes until they collectively walked in the winning run on Saturday night, followed by more hits. Sunday, Scott Baker threw a no hitter until the seventh inning until he let two guys on and then gave up a dinger next for a 3-run. God damn. As soon as he gives up a big hit, whether we have a lead or not, he just melts down.

Terrible weekend for me - Twins win 1 out of 3 at home against the Royals. We had leads the last two games, and each one was blown due to pitching negligence. Our bullpen is barbage. Craig Breslow (garbage) and RA Dickey (garbage) both walked several dudes until they collectively walked in the winning run on Saturday night, followed by more hits. Sunday, Scott Baker threw a no hitter until the seventh inning until he let two guys on and then gave up a dinger next for a 3-run. God damn. As soon as he gives up a big hit, whether we have a lead or not, he just melts down.

if i was gardenhire, or just in general, i would immediately take out any pitcher that gives up the first hit somewhere in the late innings.

Gardy isn't the best at pitching management. But that's the idea right? You bring in another guy to get out of the inning. Instead, he'll use Luis Ayala, R.A. Dickey, or Craig Breslow to clean up the mess, which is a huge no-no. Jesse Crain is on the DL, but he'll be off soon. A good sign. We have another guy, Jose Mijares, who is GREAT, but Gardy only keeps him in for two batters instead of an inning or two.

And another thing - he decided to play Punto at shortstop and Brendan Harris at second (Casilla was sitting). Punto is one of the most solid utility infielders in the league, but he is to be everday SS when the everyday 2B sits? Harris missed two balls that either Casilla or Punto would have gobbled right up to protect the lead...

I'm glad we have Cito. Fact: the Blue Jays have the best record in baseball since he took over last summer.

This won't last, but I'm very much enjoying the wins. We've only lost one series, and we play the BoSox and Yanks soon, who we usually beat.

So I'm sitting here watching the red sox / yanks game and I'm dumbfounded on the amount of empty seats in yankee stadium... Its the greatest rivaliry in baseball and its dead... Yea it rained before the game but still, you would never see that in fenway espically in field box seats!

So I'm sitting here watching the red sox / yanks game and I'm dumbfounded on the amount of empty seats in yankee stadium... Its the greatest rivaliry in baseball and its dead... Yea it rained before the game but still, you would never see that in fenway espically in field box seats!

The new seats behind home plate are $500 to $2,500 for seats near home plate in the first five-to-eight rows of their new ballpark.

So it always looks dead on TV, looks real bad for the organization.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3305979

:edit:

The other thing is this is a crazy late game, but you're right fenway is full till the end.