who on here is straight edge??

SatansArtist

i am not a hardcore historian, but i'm almost positive that it was dws wolfpack and ssd that started sxe. i don't have the albums infront of me so i can't quote any dates. not to mention that i've seen interviews with him saying that sxe is wack and he hates it. i'm not really an advocate of the pit but i can't give credit to a moron that plays hardcore but gets angry if people dance. maybe he should take up the harmonica or a different genre of music.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im straight edge and i just read all of this poo.....my eyes hurt

just some of my thoughts

you find straight edge it dosn't find you... i hate people that try to make their friends sxe that's why so many kids "sell out"

also sxe is who i am it's made me...i use to wear X's on my hands all the time and write sxe all over my books and what not, i guess i kinda grew out of it but im still sxe...but now it's just inside of me.

and do i feel better then other people? no not really it's just that i piddy people that smoke i think it is one of the most grosses things to do. and it's unatractive. im also against coffee don't ask i just am.i dont have anything more to say all i know is sxe saved me same with athletics oh yeah im a sxe jock

yeah, i started claiming sxe about 6 years ago. used to love getting sxe t-shirts and x-ing up all the time. after a while i realized i didn't care much anymore about the 'scene' or any of the stupid drama. that's when i stopped being so loud about it and just kept it as a personal commitment. i came close to getting a sxe tat also, but thank god the place was closed the day i went up there. it gave me more time to think about what i was doing.

a lot of kids try to bullshit and say to be sxe you CAN'T drink coffee, caffiene, eat meat, etc. that is a big part of why i stopped wearing sxe stuff too - everyone tries to talk about it liek they're the expert. "dude you take tylenol for headaches? you're not sxe" or "mouthwash has alcohol in it". it just got old after a while. especially all the terribly unfunny sxe 'jokes' like "man i was sxe for a weekend once" and druggie kids drawing x-es on their hands. like i've never seen that one before...

when i first got into sxe i thought i was tough because i was so angry at everyone. i wanted to go to parties and destroy shit and beat up druggie kids. i still think that drugs and alcohol and cigarettes are a bad idea, but i definitely don't want to kill someone over it. i want to kill myself now for being such a dork.

hope you had fun reading another worthless rant.

• 3 weeks later...

i just wanted to comment on this. I have been straightedge for a long time...but the fact of the matter is...i miss going drunk bombing, or crawling into bed drunk with my girl. Then I ask myself...why the FUCK am I straightedge, and I can't remember. And then I asked my best friends, and most of them said they wouldn't respect me as much if I drank, even though they are hopeless drunks....

i am confused....

Originally posted by dr. frink one

And then I asked my best friends, and most of them said they wouldn't respect me as much if I drank, even though they are hopeless drunks....

i am confused....

Back when I used to hang out with my old group of friends, who where all drunks, I'd be the only kid not drinking, and they always told me that they'd lose so much respect for me if I ever drank.

It seems as though with those comments, they are saying that they have no respect for themselves.

as for getting back to my reply of sxe progression, it is there, sxe has "invaded" alot of other scenes, and this is good, there are house dj's in rhode island that used to x up, even frat kids like .... who like marilyn manson are sxe, it is all relative, in order to be sxeyou dont need to know the history, you dont need ian mackaye all you need is a progressive set of moral cues in your life.

i personally cannot stand to be around drunks or users but that doesnt mean that if they are sober when i meet them i cannot be civil towards them, they arehuman, they makemistakes, they get brainwashed easily by the media etc etc.

the thing icannot stand tho is crust/anarcho punk kids who drink or smoke, they blatantly want to refusecapitalism but byinto it super hardcore. this is a small problem. but who am i to judge.

• 1 month later...

I ate some magic mushrooms last night.

I listened to some music

I played my bass for a few hours

Then I wathed the sun rise over the river from my front porch

Hope I didn't piss anyone off doing that

What did everyone else do last night? Frankly I could care less.

People should be judged by how they spend their free time, that is all there is to it.

I AM TOXIC FREE AND WILL ALWAYS REAMIN TOXIC FREE STRAIGHT EDGE HAD A BIG SCENE WHERE I AM FROM I USE TO BE XUNITYXCREWX BUT ALL KIDS OF SHIT HAPPEN FROM COPS TO KIDS ALWAYS FIGHTING AND KIDS SELLIN OUT SO THE SCENE JUST DIDED HERE IT SADDENS ME BUT MAYBE SOMEDAY IT WILL RISE AGAIN HERE

Guest euthana5ia

WORD....do whateevr you want...but let me tell you one thing...kids that are straightedge/vegan/politicallycorrect are annoying as fuck when they take ti too far. like this one girl who shares similar political ideas as me but is the most bornign person ever...i would rather live with a drunken idiot than her...all she does is study nutrition fact labels, read non-fiction, and yell at anyone if they say bitch.

Archived