who on here is straight edge??

SatansArtist

i didn't read any of this cause its too long...but.... i figure we could all die tomorrow.....might as well live it up while you can.... i'm not saying go out and blow an 8 ball alone in your room.....or boot 6 bags of heroin.... just hang out....at least drink... i seem too love it.... sxe kids are missing out. i think thats why all hardcore bands scream...they need something to calm down..... sorry i'm drunk and rambling.... don't do drugs. :D

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by *die*

anyone who rocks sXe tats,shirts,ect. is a poser to me cause if your really straightedge you keep that shit inside and don't run around saying look at me i'm straightedge

you're a fucking moron. hide it? do you hide everything you believe in? only take your black book out in your room when you're alone? only wear your "name brand here" in private? are christians that wear crosses posers? are jews sporting the star of david posers? are jocks wearing football jerseys posers? NO, you're a fucking idiot.

Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by aederone

.....might as well live it up while you can....

that can go either way. you only live once, why destroy your body and take things through an altered sense of perception? if its only once, i want it for what it is.

Originally posted by serpent of the light

are christians that wear crosses posers? are jews sporting the star of david posers?

IF it was on a fucking t-shirt and they insisted on telling the rest of us what's wrong with our lives; YES

it's like those fucking vegeterrorists: you're enjoying a steak and they sit their with their skinny little wrists flapping, going

I can't believe you're eating that. *whine* do you know what they do to the cows?

Why, yes, of course. They bolt-gun the fuckers and I fucking EAT THEM. If *I* were a vegeterian (and I was at one stage). I'd be watching what I said VERY carefully. I mean, if we ran out of farm animals, those grain fed, free rage vegeterians are the next obvious choice of meat.....

I thought this damn thing was over. I know quite a few writers that are straightedge. But if you think about it does it matter? Opinions are like assholes everyones got one. And on this some are bigger than others. For those that just want to talk shit about the belief of abstaining from smoking, drinking and drugs. A big I hope to see you one day to discuss that goes to you. I don't see it as a claim to popularity or something to preach off a mountain. It's a belief nothing less. The belief and promise you make to yourself that your going to live clean. Not poison yourself with the vices others let destroy there lives. I could go on for pages. But I'll stop here. Like any other belief it has critics. How you can attempt to make a valid point that not smoking, drinking, or doing drugs is a bad thing boggles me. It can't be done. That is the basis for straightedge those 3 things. Some take it further into abstanance, vegetarianism or veganism, and so on. The basis remains. As far as kids selling out goes. If someone is going to say they are straightedge they have to remember they are making a promise to themselves for Life. Nothing short of that counts. I see it too often taken as just words. People not thinking and remembering that. I see it like this. If you can't hold on to a promise to yourself how can you to anyone else. I have seen my best friends fall and burn. My friendships with them will never be as strong as they were. My best friend that I've known since I was like 8 sold out like 6 months ago. He was one of the reasons I realized that I was ruining my life living in the excesses of toxins I put into my body everyday. Seeing him with a beer in his hand drinking was worse than any ex breaking up with me (I don't even think he knows that). It was like I had my brother killed and someone else took his place. He is still part of my family in my eyes but I don't think I will ever be as close to him as I used too. Even though he moved across the country for a girl. Hey it makes him happy so it's good I guess.

As far as having straightedge tattoos, clothes or whatever. It's all about being proud of what you stand for. Like someone else stated before. Like those damn WWJD things, or wearing a cross or star of david. Rockin a yamakah (sp), even stretch to the 4:20 shirts I see kids wearing in the mall. Being proud of what your beliefs are.

-Deznator

xCourage Crewx

Praise the Goat

Originally posted by deznatori

. The belief and promise you make to yourself that your going to live clean.

My best friend that I've known since I was like 8 sold out like 6 months ago. He was one of the reasons I realized that I was ruining my life living in the excesses of toxins I put into my body everyday. Seeing him with a beer in his hand drinking was worse than any ex breaking up with me (I don't even think he knows that). It was like I had my brother killed and someone else took his place. He is still part of my family in my eyes but I don't think I will ever be as close to him as I used too.

if its all about making a promise to *yourself*, and about your *own beliefs*, why does it matter what your friend chooses for himself?

I find you instant disdain for your friend because he no longer believes what you do quite irksome. Was your friendship with him based solely on "we're xXxbrosxXx man"? Why like him less because he doesn't agree with your take on life?

Originally posted by bodice_ripper

if its all about making a promise to *yourself*, and about your *own beliefs*, why does it matter what your friend chooses for himself?

I find you instant disdain for your friend because he no longer believes what you do quite irksome. Was your friendship with him based solely on "we're xXxbrosxXx man"? Why like him less because he doesn't agree with your take on life?

Not to answer for Dezn, but me personally, it's a dissapointment when someone you knew was edge and they broke it. For me it wasn't that I liked him less, it was just that he didn't seem to be the same person he was before. He changed. My friendship with this kid wasn't based upon the edge, but it started and grew because of the edge. When he wasn't edge anymore, we kind of grew apart because he went on to his thing, and I stayed with mine.

But that's just me.

I don't distain from him. I talk to him quite regularly. I said it before I still think of him as a brother. And would do whatever I could for him. The reason it makes me not feel as close to him is it like he lied to me, himself and everyone else. Like he was trying to be someone he wasn't. As though he put a facade up. I guess it would be like in one of those movies where a guy is married for 15 years and his wife just found out he is a top military spy. That feeling of not really knowing a person. For so many years he was one way and as far as I knew those were his deep rooted convictions. That was a part of who he was. Then he turns and tells me he's another way. I see him as a different person in some ways because parts of him are different. That is why I am not as close to him. Straightedge or anything else. If someone tells and shows to me that they believe in whatever then turn the other way. I feel like I don't know them as well. It breaks that intimacy, that bond. It doesn't matter to me if he drinks or not. Does it dissappoint me to see him destroying himself? (I don't want to hear all the a beer or 2 isn't that bad. It all hurts your body.) I wont lie and say it doesn't. But if that is who he is and it's what floats his boat. Then I'll have to get to know the REAL him to regain closeness. I don't know if I will ever see him as close as before because of that break.

Originally posted by deznatori

I don't distain from him. I talk to him quite regularly. I said it before I still think of him as a brother. And would do whatever I could for him. The reason it makes me not feel as close to him is it like he lied to me, himself and everyone else. Like he was trying to be someone he wasn't. As though he put a facade up. I guess it would be like in one of those movies where a guy is married for 15 years and his wife just found out he is a top military spy. That feeling of not really knowing a person. For so many years he was one way and as far as I knew those were his deep rooted convictions. That was a part of who he was. Then he turns and tells me he's another way. I see him as a different person in some ways because parts of him are different. That is why I am not as close to him. Straightedge or anything else. If someone tells and shows to me that they believe in whatever then turn the other way. I feel like I don't know them as well. It breaks that intimacy, that bond. It doesn't matter to me if he drinks or not. Does it dissappoint me to see him destroying himself? (I don't want to hear all the a beer or 2 isn't that bad. It all hurts your body.) I wont lie and say it doesn't. But if that is who he is and it's what floats his boat. Then I'll have to get to know the REAL him to regain closeness. I don't know if I will ever see him as close as before because of that break.

I know the person he's talking about, and while I didn't know him even a fraction as long as Dezn did, it was weird to see him drinking and acting the way he did.

When some one tells you that they're Straight Edge they're saying they're in it for life, so to see them drinking is kind of unsettling to say the least. I'm friends with plenty of people who aren't Straight Edge, in fact, only a few of my friends are. The hard part is when your good friends dip out because it's hard to deal with, and on a certain level it's a little insulting. Personally, it always makes me feel like being Straight Edge wasn't what they were really into, or they were faking it because they thought the Straight Edge people they were friends with wouldn't want to hang out with them. I'd never give up being friends with some one just because they sold out, but I can't say I'm ever stoked when some one does. The bottom line is, it's for life, so don't say you're down if you're not, in the the end it pisses off/bums out too many people that really believe in it.

Archived