who on here is straight edge??

SatansArtist

drink, the only problem here is that your defending yourself, when infact im making no assumptions about you. im talking about the vast majority of kids who walk around with x's on their hands, and 'STRAIGHT EDGE' written across their sweatshirt... those are the only ones im not talkng about, not the people who just dont want to drink or do drugs. its all semantics man, but trust me, were in agreeance alot more than you seem to think...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, i used to be, but i sold out.

or really, bought in....as you all know i need money BAD so i started sellin...didnt smoke it at first, then i just had to. i dunno, i guess it was right for me.

but you know how that goes...us cancer treatment folks got the good stuff :crazy:

Seeking I am better than you. We both know that. You big BUI thug you.

J- There is no such thing.

Cosmo- I am not even going to get started about you.

Straightedge is forever. Not some fad for a moment of your life. When you say your straightedge it should be forever. That is where the if your not now you never were comes in. Straightedge is the belief of not drinking, smoking, or doing drugs for an easy answer. There are alot of other things people choose not do as well as those. Like Veganism/Vegetarianism, Not consuming caffiene, not having sex just to name a few of them. But the basis still remains. Tons of kids sellout. For everyone of them that I know I don't see the same as I did when they looked at me and said I am Straightedge. I don't take it as oh he sold out. I have seen my best friend since I was like 8 years old turn to the bottle. My relasionship with him isn't as close as it was before. I don't think it ever will be the same (There is a lot behind this). I am not some kid that never indulged in this or that. I drank for 12 years. Why cause it was easily accessable and my parents didn't seem to care about it. Six of them everyday. With that I did my share of drugs. Weed just about everyday, Shrooms, Pills, Acid..........it goes on. It took me almost dying to realize how much it destorys you. I have seen several people I know pass away at the hands of vices. Or their lives completly turned upside down because of them. For me Straightedge isn't just a label. It is a part of who I am. Like having brown hair or all my fingers. It is there just the same. I would rather be cut like a pig than go badk to any of that. I dispise them more than more of you could imagine. I also believe that Straightedge isn't for everyone. I don't push what I believe on people. I have plenty of friends who drink or smoke. Whatever. But I also believe it takes a stronger person to live a clean life. To live it to its fullest without altering their state of mind to have fun. Just my view on things. To get everything in and explain it all would take a book. So this is the short of it.

-Dezn

xxxCxCxxx

YOUR NOT BETTER THAN ME JACK ASS.

wrong you are good sir. i AM better than you.

yes, im sxe no i dont sport x's and 90% of the kids i hang with do shit. but they dont give me shit about it and i dont give them shit either so please dont start in on me with that shit, thats why i tend to not like the sXe and vegepatarian threads because theres the kids who are all into it and the kids who rip on them for believing in something (or perhaps just being an asshole about believing in something...hmmm, trend?).

none of that has to do with why im better than seeking, i just am.

Originally posted by deznatori

For me Straightedge isn't just a label. It is a part of who I am. Like having brown hair or all my fingers.

exactly. straight edge is what you are, it's not an activity. no one here is pretending it's for everyone, but i guess if it's what you think is right maybe there is a little of that, "i'm better than you" that will always be there. i don't know anyone who's straight edge that doesn't have friends that drink and do drugs, but i know a ton of kids that quit calling me once they found out i was straight edge, and a couple of girls that didn't want to talk to me for the same reason, [but i think it was really 'casue i'm ugly]. this seems like one of those issues that will never be cleared up, oh well.

not true, you just cleared it up yourself. being straight edge is as much a part of who you are as your hair color or your choices in food. but, do you go around with a shirt that says 'BLUE EYES AND PROUD?' the people that put tht in your face, do so for the most part because they are insecure about it. the people that just live it without any need to preach it to the world, are not at all who i was talking about. i mean, thats me. i dont drink, smoke or even drink caffeine. perhaps i do it for some different reasons, but regardless, bottom line is tht im sober. i just dont feel any need to be a billboard for clean living.

HAHA straight edge is so 1992. I've been drug free for about a good 7 years and come to realize that the majority of straight edge kids are fuckin dicks that think they are better then everyone else. There for i don't think i would label myself as being sxe because alot of people will prejudge you for that shit. I don't know just rambling on....

i see what you're saying, and i agree with you. here's where we differ, i think being straight edge is a good thing, it gives you a pat on the back for living clean instead of getting clowned by everyone. i'm a little old to need the "points", but it's not a "till i'm old enough to know better," it's for life.

hardcore is a weird thing because there are a ton of kids way into drugs and heavy drinking, just taking shit WAY to far. if you're a kid into hardcore you need to know that it's okay, and even "cool", not to drink or do drugs. but as you get older you see that it's even more than that, it's what you are. if people want to wear a shirt or a hat that says that, more power to 'em. i see plenty of dudes on the way to the ball game wearing their teams hats, and if it makes them fell good then why shouldn't they be doing it. straight edge kids aren't wearing shirts or getting tattoos for other people, they're doing that stuff becuse it's what they want. it doesn't make them weak and it also doesn't make them "more striaght edge" than anyone else, it's just shirts and tattoos. i think that's great that you don't drink or do drugs, and it's good that you're not just straight edge because you fit the guide lines. it's not for everyone, it's not even for everyone that lives a clean life, but for the people that believe in it, there's no ohter choice.

like you said, we're not really on different sides of this, it's more of a discussion at this point.

i always make the mistake of not clarifying exactly wht im talking about...

showign your support for what you believe in is a good thing, be it a shirt, a tattoo, whatever. but thinking that your way of life is inherently better than someone else's is flawed, and i just see alot of that in the straight edge community, and especially in the younger sXe community. thats all i was ever trying to say. those are the kids that want to preach, those are the kids that want to punch people for drinking, etc. once all of those kids reach 22, 23, 24, they will have either fallon off, or realized that they made a choice for themselfs, not for society.

i dont man, this is all shortsighted. the problem isnt drinking or not drinking, the problem is living in a society so fucked up, that some people can deal with it no other way than to be fucked up... anything in moderation is fine, in my opinion. but our society is not at all built on the idea of moderation, or responsibility.

hope that we have things all cleared up. i dont want you to think i was ever talking about you, or dissing sXe, just being annoyed over stupid kids tht have no real relivence to my life anyway :)

Guest got tha feva

This thread got me thinking. I already replied, but I'm going to reply again because this isn't as light of a subject as I'd like it to be. Drugs, "the drug war" is a huge issue in the U.S, it's an issue in some way to nearly every kid I know. I've seen it, hell I've lived it, on both sides of the spectrum.. All I can say is I have to agree with whoever said kids need to be sober then when you're mature you know your body well enough to know if you shouldn't drink, how much you can drink, and how often, and same with drugs. I hang out with more sellouts than straight edge kids now, but all of them are only moderate drinkers and rarely drug users. I really believe it's because they have a good foundation and learned responsibility for their actions on their own. I'm aquainted with my fair share of bar lushes and coke heads as well... most of them tell me stories about being fucked up when they were 12 years old all through high school until now. They've grown up with alcohol and drugs and it's like an old friend to them. A comfort zone, a 'vice'.

I think the bottom line is, everyone has a vice. Even straight edge kids/people. Even bookworms. For some people it's drugs, for some it's violence, vanity, gluttony, etc. I'm just a real big fan of people who use positive religion, meditation, art, graffiti, music, sports, skating, snowboarding, dancing, as their vice. What I said in my other post, is that's the key to happy moderation... Finding a vice that's harmless to your body, mind, and soul, and making that you're addiction. Then all the 'physicly' addictive things will come and go, but they've got no real place in your heart. Thus no real place in your life.

I think the whole 'drug war' (DARE, afterschool specials, anti smoking campaigns,etc) , only makes kids grow up thinking that drugs are a huge deal, either you do them or you don't. If you do, you're a rebel, if you don't you're against them.. Fuck that, drugs aren't THAT big of a deal. Drugs should be like bleached process sugar.. It's terrible for you, but it's good... So I mean if you're gonna indulge, go ahead.. but don't make a habbit of it. Fuck, don't even think about it. Don't look foward to it, or discuss it, just do it, feel bad because of the sugar comma you put yourself in, and get over it. Then go excell at something fun, and if you have to talk, talk about that.

PRUDE

Originally posted by donniefrisco

"straight edge kids aren't wearing shirts or getting tattoos for other people"

Yeah right...come on...dont lie...See... SXE kids love to lie all the time, and pretend that their little world is flawless and all positive...

what's your point here? no one said straight edge kids were perfect. personally, if i was going to wear a SXE shirt it wouldn't be for your benefit, you couldn't care less, i would be wearing it for me, [like i said in the first place]. how was i wrong? and what exactly is so negative about straight edge? if you have legitimate answer i'd love to hear it.

I am edge.I am edge because giving up drugs and alcohol was somthing i truly belived would turn my life around.IT DID it saved me.I only have 3 friends that are straight edge the rest are drunks dealers and losers.I'm the same as them were people.I've never though of myself as being better due to the fact I'm drug free.All of the people I ever met that were assholes about straight edge have sold out.They need to feel above people due to another problem.

Seeking just shut up theirs nothing behind your arguement dude....have you personaly met every one that claims sXe to base your opnion on?no you haven't so guess what everything you've said is bullshit!You've met a SMALL portion of the sXe movment and based an opnion.

hey there hostility...

i never claimed to be talking about the whole of the straight edge community across the world. go back and count how many times i said 'the kids i have encountered'

im not dissing straight edge and never was, im dissing kids that put others down because they lack the spine to stand on their own.

well before you go off on me for being 'full of shit' perhaps you should actually read all that i have to say. if you dont feel like putting in that effort, then maybe you just shouldnt say anything at all...

besides, im not sure if you and i even count as being 'straight edge' were both sober because were alcoholics that have a problem, not because were taking a stand or anything. atleast i know thats the truth with me, and from what i gather, its the same with you...

xjoberx

something like that.

chosenxfew, xchaosx, sem, monsterxcrew

all of those crew mean nothing (tho i am in em) save for back in a fight but what metters in the long term isnt the labels it is how true you are to yourself. keep questioning why you are edge why your morals exist, why you hold onto something. if you dont then dont bring the kids who continually try and have tried for ten to fifteen years to uphold a discipline that not many can. sxe has alway had passing phases and will continue to, but you will always look up to the ones in the generation who never ever fell. old rise kids were my inspiration... and then everyone fell... except the chosenxfew (over 21).

do what you have to to find yourself, drink yourself to oblivion just do it with the intent of searching.

"those who are searching are not lost" jrr tolkien

as for what straightedge means: it is an individuals ideology to abstain from drugs, alcohol, (hopefully the flesh of dead animals) and (hopefully promiscuity).

fallenxshaun

24yr old sxe lifer.

funniest thing is ex straight edge kids wearing a shirt "i used to be sXe"

Do you guys know about straight-hedge? Not cutting your grass or trimming the shrubs.

I thought about it alot when i first got to highschool. All my friends had become fuck ups because of drugs and it seemed like a good idea but it never materialized into anything.

"way to go" goes out to those who have the will-power to do it and not preach about it.

when i was younger i did a lot drugs and i was made fun of because i was the druggie of the school, because they were dare morons. once high school started all those people started doing drugs. i became sxe and was pretty active in the scene. i had the opportunity to travel and visit others scenes shows and meet other people. but the thing is. it was just another community of assholes. i felt more out of place within the sxe scene where we supposedly have so much in common.

drink the blood. you sound like an intelligent guy so i'm really not talking about you but you have to admit that the majority of sxedgers are no different from a bar full of jocks. the drunks are stupid as fuck and isolate people from their fraternity, the same as the sxe jocks that love to isolate people from their scene. i just think that there are far too many morons within the whole sxe movement to ever give the intelligent people within it a good rep. start something new like i'm not an asshole edge or i have better things to do then worry about such petty things as sxe fashion edge. i think what should be added to the sxe philosophy is lighten up. life is bigger than vices. sxe hasn't discovered this. most intelligent people know this just don't get caught up in it and don't let it take control of your life. but it sxe immeadiately claims that partaking in a substance becomes sunanymous with having absolutley no future. you may not think you are better then everyone else but other sxe kids do. we are all going to die. you are going to live with a clean mind and others will die with a drunken one. people can argue until they turn blue but neither is better, smarter, or has a better cause than the other one. it may be weak to partake in a substance but atleast you can forget about your stress for that night. and a weak person dies as does a sober person.

Guest snafuno

I am what kids would lable a straight edge??? I guess i don't look the role and sport all the safety pins and stitched x's on zip-up hoodies.....I just take my health seriously and don't mind if people drink or smoke or do whatever! It is thier decision and that is that!!! So boogy hands and handjob stop trying to get me drunk!!! ha ha

Originally posted by Jewish Task Force

The only stright edge I know is my fucking coke razor. The only three x's I know are the ones I took last night.

lol

I keep hearing about straight edge kids I knew that had all sorts of SE tats and shit and now they all get tipsy. that makes me laugh.

Originally posted by boxcarwilly

as for what straightedge means: it is an individuals ideology to abstain from drugs, alcohol, (hopefully the flesh of dead animals) and (hopefully promiscuity).

promiscuous sex is a definate no, but vegetarianism has nothing to do with it. straight edge and vegetarianism/veganism have always gone hand in hand, but it's never been part of the straight edge ideology. true, about %99 of straight edge kids today are vegetarians or vegans, but a decent chunk of the over 21 crownd is made up of meat eaters. the other big part that people tend to over look when explaining straight edge is that it exists with in the hardcore scene, the way it's always been explained to me is that if you don't drink, smoke, do drugs or have promiscuous sex, but you're not a part of the hardcore scene you're not really straight edge. straight edge exists as a part of hardcore, so it can't really exist outside of it, at least not as it started. it always sounded weird to me, but it's been a consistent factor.

Archived