Pizza Appreciation Thread

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

I dig a veggie pizza but I am not into the unconventional toppings.

That said I am firmly Team Pineapple.

Pineapple, Pepperoni and jalapeño. Try that and tell me it doesnt smack. 

just wait for it

oscar thrasher will thrash you soon

So there's this place on my way home from work that does excellent dough, they're definitely into "unconventional toppings" though - 

while the ingredients are all top notch the combinations are really a bit too funky for my taste, but I studied their menu again today and went for this:

IMG_1244.thumb.JPG.9cdf3a5e402281a09bde369ad6a53d60.JPG

Look, there's the rocket again  :classic-smile:

Also walnuts, mozzarella, parmesan, and Bündnerfleisch.

It was really fucking good, think it's safe to say it was within the top 10 pizzas I had in my life.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Deine Mudder said:

So there's this place on my way home from work that does excellent dough, they're definitely into "unconventional toppings" though - 

while the ingredients are all top notch the combinations are really a bit too funky for my taste, but I studied their menu again today and went for this:

IMG_1244.thumb.JPG.9cdf3a5e402281a09bde369ad6a53d60.JPG

Look, there's the rocket again  :classic-smile:

Also walnuts, mozzarella, parmesan, and Bündnerfleisch.

It was really fucking good, think it's safe to say it was within the top 10 pizzas I had in my life.

I fuks wit it.

walnuts are kinda random tho

3 hours ago, Deine Mudder said:

IMG_1249.thumb.JPG.d7aae9f3d319388919ce3d95a3124674.JPG

Anchovies, mozzarella and gorgonzola and chili (yea, that red pile in the center is super thin threads of pretty hot chillies) - was also very, very good. 

Oh wow, this may be the funniest post you have ever made.

• Truth 1

The peppers look good and I like that bubble and char on the crust.  Micro strands of hot peppers does sound interesting.  I don't fuck with anchovies ever but I won't knock them either as they are an established pizza topping, more so than pineapple.

On the other hand, it also kind of looks like someone threw the bycatch from the bottom of their net onto a pizza and baked it.

If those cucumbers weren't pressed first they might release some liquid leading to a wet pizza, but with that being a white pie I'd guess that's oil.  

Are some of you not cosigning cukes but you've been giving zucchini a pass?

They made sure to get 1 shrimp per slice.  There's a place near me that does a pretty good red pie with 1 shrimp per slice.  My beef with the shrimp distro is cut them fuckers in half and put one half near the bottom of the slice and one half near the top, makes for a better bite all around.

53562475_ScreenShot2023-12-26at5_00_35PM.thumb.png.fdab33ffe2acdf1419bf64b450d9b937.png

954801324_ScreenShot2023-12-26at5_02_44PM.thumb.png.17c168a27ed867eafecf272885d93d15.png

700487653_ScreenShot2023-12-26at5_11_00PM.thumb.png.812e8d3640eddf66c4e110520375091b.png

• Truth 1

home made jobbie last night.

couldn't face any more leftovers.

prosciutto,left over ham, olives, sundried tomatoes, 

was great but I can't get the base as crispy as I'd like.

I have a pizza stone for the over but it just doesn't work. on the underside enough.

Though maybe it's a fan forced oven issue.

IMG_9212.jpg

• Like 2
  • Props 3