MACWORLD 2008

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no ethernet, no optical drive (the biggest joke, install-dvds are included but u need ANOTHER computer to use them), 1 pound heavier than the Toshiba R500 which also comes with 64GB SSD like the airbook, still too big, only 1 USB jack, no firewire, $3100 for a computer which basically lacks everything just for the benefit of being the thinnest .

they must be fucking kidding.

Ask yourself this question...

Would you rather buy a Geo Metro with 400 horsepower for $799 or a BMW 5 Series with 400 horsepower for $1800? Sure, you'd get the same for less with the Geo Metro but there's a good chance you're going to want to sell the Geo Metro in a few years to get the newest upgrade... you think you're going to get anything more than $300 for that thing... if that? I would think the BMW would give you a better return on your investment.

Dig what I'm saying? The Macbook Air is definitely for a niche market and that market is fully in love right now. So don't worry your little noggins about it. It'll be a huge hit and you can stress and scratch you head for months wondering why, how and who. By the time you figure it out, Apple will drop something else for you to grind your teeth on.

I sure do hope they offer a new iPhone come the end of summer. Me contract is up at T-Mobile and I'm done with the flippity phones. Time for some next level shit...

i don't buy a pile of shit just because it comes in a nice box.

no seriously, for example the MacPro is a fucking great machine for a reasonable price, infact it is pretty much the best workstation you can get for under $3000.

the airbook is a joke, compared with it.

i like that people get actively angry because they think the product would not work for their needs.

i dont get mad when pepsi makes a new soda flavor i dont like.

"fucking honda is so stupid, there is no way i can put 4 baby seats into the new civic. fuck honda. FAIL"

some of yall are so short sighted, i can only imagine you have difficulty putting pants on.

this is obviously for a niche market that yall are not a part of. wah.

what i love about this is what it will mean for all the laptops down the line. the next series of macbooks will probably be half as thin as they are now. they'll have the multi touch trackpad (which is pretty much the shit) and who knows what other advancements.

i wont get an air, because its not what i need, but i also will not get a tower for the same reason. am i mad that the tower is so expensive and bulky? no more than i'm mad that joker doesnt have tits.

;)