MACWORLD 2008

Abracadabra

somethingintheair_20080110.jpg

the rumour is that something looking kinda like this is going to be revealed:

wired-mbair-rendering.png

MacBook Air mockup image (courtesy of Wired)

Wired claims last-minute "MacBook Air" details

By Aidan Malley

Published: 10:20 PM EST

An alleged insider at a third-party vendor is said by Wired to have fresh details on the rumored 'MacBook Air' sub-notebook just hours before its unveiling at Macworld San Francisco.

n its description, the magazine's Gadget Lab blog describes the lightweight notebook as teardrop-shaped when shut, thickening towards the hinge of the system but thinning near the edges -- and remaining "unbelievably" thin overall, according to the source.

The system, according to the source, shares the same aluminum and glass construction of the iMac with black accents on a silver frame.

The tip also suggests that the MacBook Air name refers not just to the computer's slender design but also an apparent dependence on wireless: it may drop Ethernet altogether in favor of Wi-Fi or "other wireless technology," the purported source said, though it's unknown whether this would involve AT&T's 3G (third-generation) service, Sprint's Intel-derived WiMAX network, or any service at all.

Multi-touch is also suggested for the display, though this too remains a mystery.

source

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks dope! Whatever it's gonna be, it's locked up pretty tight... Difficult to find any leaks on it...

I have to ask... why isn't Mac creating some kind of TV/Media center?? They make top-quality displays... It could be a dope flat screen TV with all kinds of touch-screen capabilities, a hard-drive, Internet access, wireless networking, all that.

I have to ask... why isn't Mac creating some kind of TV/Media center?? They make top-quality displays... It could be a dope flat screen TV with all kinds of touch-screen capabilities, a hard-drive, Internet access, wireless networking, all that.

i wouldn't be suprised if the next gen imac was something like that.

That is awesome! I would be way to scared of breaking it! All of these ultra portable pc's that are coming out its great!

I wanna get one of these for when I go to europe to just plug my camera into and upload pics to the interwebs and update a blog. I sell them I gotta see if I can get special pricing. It has everything but a optical drive but you can get it separate. 40gb to 80gb hard drive full integrated internet compatibility with whatever service you use and touch screen. Its a complete computer in this hand held device you can get a keyboard too...

samsung-Q1-ultra-mobile-pc-3.bmp

they arent crazy expensive either like just over $1500 for the highest model.

*edited. sorry, your giant pic was blowing out my screen. NH -seeks

I have to ask...

why isn't Mac creating some kind of TV/Media center??

They make top-quality displays... It could be a dope flat screen TV with all kinds of touch-screen capabilities, a hard-drive, Internet access, wireless networking, all that.

This is what i'm talking about:http://multi-touchscreen.com/

This is the future of TV..,...

I don't think the future of TV is actually touching the TV. If anything, technology has been increasingly getting us further and further away from having to physically interact with TVs, because it's cumbersome to the experience.

On a computer it's a whole different story, but not TV. You remember how awesome it was when you had to get up and change the channel on the set itself? Oh yeah, it wasn't.

Right, good point... so maybe it's the future of the computer, but I think the TV and the computer are going to begin occupying the same space, and become a "Media Center."

Apparantly Microsoft just developed a pc "cam" which can sense depth, meaning it can track your movement and so-forth, allowing you to move windows around with your hands, but you don't have to touch anything. Like the Wii, with no wii-motes.

This is the video i was originally looking for, this is seriously dope: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/industry/4224762.html?series=37

I don't think the future of TV is actually touching the TV. If anything, technology has been increasingly getting us further and further away from having to physically interact with TVs.

On a computer it's a whole different story, but not TV.

nintendo is doing a good job with that.

have any of you guys tried one of these?

http://www.virtual-laser-keyboard.com/