American Gangster

rushawn wuan

i would go see it but paying money to sit in a super dark theater with a bunch of annoying ass people crumpling up their huge bags of peanut m&ms aint my thing... i hate going to theaters, i mean com'on you cant even pause the movie to take a piss so you just have to debate with yourself what seems like the least important part of the movie and hurry your ass to the bathroom in hopes that there isnt some fat sloppy guy takin a shit

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you herbs not like this movie?

I thought it was dope. Denzel was of course the shit.

It was the rise and fall of an American Drug Lord. Coming from nothing Scarface type shit.

Having honor and respect while at the same time being responsible for killing thousands.

What were you kids expecting Denzel to be cappin motherfuckers with his piece held sideways yelling out break yo self nigga in every scene?

The soundtrack was cool. Some classic soul and some PE at the end.

(the real soundtrack not the inspired by shit)

This movie just wasn't advertised and named properly.

I didn't think the movie was bad, but I didn't think it was as good as I thought it would be. You saw the softer private side of the man, and I think everyone was looking forward to more of the mean side. I thought it was "aight" not anywhere near the hype that it was given. Along with everything else that's out there.

BTW I concur on the whole movie date thing.

watched the episode of gangland with the real story of frank and nicky

was very gangster, some of the shit they did was awesome.

i watched that like two nights ago at my buddies cause i dont got cable... but if thats what this movie is supposed to be about i might actually go see it, nicky barnes was one bad ass dude, New York Times named him "Mr. Untouchable"

joint was good, he wasn't a loudmouth, he wasnt flamboyant, he was real smooth and with it and he handled his shit like a thinking man. i think it was more a movie about a gangster and less a gangster movie..which makes sense for shit like this...i'd rather see a movie that was about a guy who just so happened to write graffiti than a "graffiti movie" like bomb the system, lol.....

What were you kids expecting Denzel to be cappin motherfuckers with his piece held sideways yelling out break yo self nigga in every scene?

QUOTE]

this is exactly what i was expecting , what ? 8 or so yrs cramed into like 2 and a half hours and he's in fucking bangcok all the time and only kills 2 guys? plus he end it up snitching? FUCK THAT!, Scarface when out busting caps.

I saw this online and im glad i didnt waste my money at the theater

For those of you who arent knowing theres a DVD quality bootleg going around

I thought it was gonna have more action than it did, and everytime denzel kept saying "my nigga" i kept thinking i was watching training day for a hot second

it wasnt great

it wasnt bad

it was aiiight, i would have been dissapointed if id a seen this at the theatre

Archived